FTA-TV The Handmaid’s Tale

Remove this Banner Ad

About the next book which I am eagerly awaiting.

"Margaret Atwood is working on a sequel to “The Handmaid’s Tale,” the most popular and influential feminist novel ever written.

Margaret Atwood has announced a sequel to her dystopian novel “The Handmaid's Tale.” (Liam Sharp)

Her sequel, titled “The Testaments,” opens 15 years after the conclusion of “The Handmaid’s Tale” and is narrated by three women, according to a statement released by Nan A. Talese/Doubleday on Wednesday.

In a note to readers, Atwood wrote, “Everything you’ve ever asked me about Gilead and its inner workings is the inspiration for this book. Well, almost everything! The other inspiration is the world we’ve been living in.”

“The Testaments” will be published on Sept. 10, 2019, with a massive first printing of 500,000 copies."

About the next book which I am eagerly awaiting.

"Margaret Atwood is working on a sequel to “The Handmaid’s Tale,” the most popular and influential feminist novel ever written.

Margaret Atwood has announced a sequel to her dystopian novel “The Handmaid's Tale.” (Liam Sharp)

Her sequel, titled “The Testaments,” opens 15 years after the conclusion of “The Handmaid’s Tale” and is narrated by three women, according to a statement released by Nan A. Talese/Doubleday on Wednesday.

In a note to readers, Atwood wrote, “Everything you’ve ever asked me about Gilead and its inner workings is the inspiration for this book. Well, almost everything! The other inspiration is the world we’ve been living in.”

“The Testaments” will be published on Sept. 10, 2019, with a massive first printing of 500,000 copies."

Imagine a huge anti trump third wave feminist fest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a bit like late run Sopranos episode where Tony is in a coma.

Only 2 eps left.

But looks like next week Commander Lawrence
finally goes balls deep in June next week

Last edited:
Another meh episode.

- June stares angrily into camera (although at the start of the episode rather than the end)

- June again goes through rigorous and agonising punishment when she should’ve been put in the wall about 10 times over (again, I know they can’t kill her off, but can they at least try and keep it realistic within the show’s universe?)

- What was the point of the Ofmatthew character? They’ve wasted about 4-5 episode with viewers barely invested in her at all and killed her off.

- June tells another character/the viewers she’s not giving up, will fight for the greater good, will resist, blah blah blah.

Along with ”June stares angrily at camera” it’s becoming an annoying cliche, especially when basically nothing happens.

This whole series has essentially been treading water.

I’m willing to bet the final episode ends with a big cliffhanger promising some sort of hope or hint of rebellion and more of the same next season.

The show is still interesting, well directed, well acted and worth watching, but for Christ’s sake, pick up the pace already.

what a slow episode with plenty of angry stares by June.

June attacking Serena was a let down, nothing really happened besides cutting her hand.

I don't know how June will save all the children but anyway I still continue watching.

Seasons now completely lost its way completely up June’s angry faced a-hole for mind.

What the hell has happened to Luke, Moira and Emily?

What the hell is happening with Canada trying to get baby Nicole back?

The teased gay affair between Comm Waterford and Chris Meloni’s new character?

Commander Lawrence....blue ballsed the whole season.

Seasons now completely lost its way completely up June’s angry faced a-hole for mind.

What the hell has happened to Luke, Moira and Emily?

What the hell is happening with Canada trying to get baby Nicole back?

The teased gay affair between Comm Waterford and Chris Meloni’s new character?

Commander Lawrence....blue ballsed the whole season.
The show has lost the plot and they are underutilising the supporting cast like Emily etc

Commander Lawrence has taken a different direction now......

The show has lost the plot and they are underutilising the supporting cast like Emily etc

Commander Lawrence has taken a different direction now......

The only thing I can think is Elisabeth Moss has an ego on her and invaded the writers room because she felt ‘this season had to be about June’s journey’ and the rest of the writers room was too pussy whipped to say anything about it.

The only thing I can think is Elisabeth Moss has an ego on her and invaded the writers room because she felt ‘this season had to be about June’s journey’ and the rest of the writers room was too pussy whipped to say anything about it.
I was thinking the same, did she sign a new contract that ensures we see her angry stares and it's all about her.

After Nicole was born, her character should've moved on.

I was thinking the same, did she sign a new contract that ensures we see her angry stares and it's all about her.

After Nicole was born, her character should've moved on.

Even old Nick has just vanished.

I get he was ‘sent to fight in Chicago’ etc, but it’s like all mention of any narrative point that doesn’t involve June staring at the camera in close up to some 80s pop song, has just been thrown out the window.

It feels like they have filmed that stuff, but in the cutting room they have chosen NOT to use it, so we are left stuck with episode after episode of June and nothing much at all seeming to happen. Week in, week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back