Prediction Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week when we gave up the plan to tag Neale at half time, what even was Sutcliffe’s role for the rest of the game. Didn’t play midfield and spent half of the time on the bench and half of the time off half back where we have many players that can play that position better. Can see Hinkley doing some ‘Masterplan’ with him this week and play him as a defensive forward on Houli or something like that. Such a dumb selection.

On the surface it appears that we're going to go down the tagging route again. This time will be different because we have specifically said we'll do the opposite. It's a plan so cunning that you could put a tail on it and call it a weasal.

RmiLZ87.jpg

Sutcliffe is distracting from the other BS selection.

Duursma back in. (Shouldn’t have been ‘dropped’ to begin with. Rested fine - but don’t drop him!) So after Hinkley said he is not up to scratch and needs to work on things, he doesn’t play a game but is immediately brought in. Do we have other players that could play his role? Yes. So bringing him back in either makes him being dropped BS, makes Hinkley’s post game spiel BS or means that Duursma was able to sort out whatever the issue was......unlikely.

Just more crap from the club. The plot is being lost rapidly.

Sutcliffe is distracting from the other BS selection.

Duursma back in. (Shouldn’t have been ‘dropped’ to begin with. Rested fine - but don’t drop him!) So after Hinkley said he is not up to scratch and needs to work on things, he doesn’t play a game but is immediately brought in. Do we have other players that could play his role? Yes. So bringing him back in either makes him being dropped BS, makes Hinkley’s post game spiel BS or means that Duursma was able to sort out whatever the issue was......unlikely.

Just more crap from the club. The plot is being lost rapidly.
He worked and corrected the deficiencies at training.

He worked and corrected the deficiencies at training.

There were no deficiencies to work on that required his dropping. Xav Duursma has never played an AFL game as bad as the one Cam Sutcliffe just played, and Sutcliffe has held his spot in the team.

Selection is basically based on the vibe, unless you're a developing tall forward, in which case one slightly down game and you are back in the SANFL lickety split.

Quoted because i'm too angry for one angry like. I just don't understand what this regime has against forwards. We've kicked 100 points twice this season, and one of those we got there with an avalanche of successive behinds

Yes! Pick forwards and friggen leave them there to build some awareness and understanding of each others game. Our forward chemistry is non- existent...hence the shambolic entries and lack of leading targets. Id love to see the forward line stay relatively the same for a month. Marshall certainly needs more opportunity and find his place.

we have blown our finals chances. id like to see us try..

F. Woodcock Ladhams R.Gray
HF. Marshall . Dixon. Rozzee

Hayes, Frampton and Cox also in the mix.

There were no deficiencies to work on that required his dropping. Xav Duursma has never played an AFL game as bad as the one Cam Sutcliffe just played, and Sutcliffe has held his spot in the team.

Selection is basically based on the vibe, unless you're a developing tall forward, in which case one slightly down game and you are back in the SANFL lickety split.
Sorry wasn't being serious.

I reckon Woodcock has been alright without being spectacular this year. Always chips in with a goal or 2. Last week was like a breakout game.

If he puts in a good effort vs a good side in Glenelg then I think he might be a chance next week.

I don't think sutcliffe is anywhere near as bad as what is being made out on here.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If he was to be picked, it should have been off the back of his Sturt/Nord games. Not the Westies game.

The main problem is we fielded a 10 disposal mid in the middle 3 and told him to play the man (which he was timid at doing) which pretty much put us in a 2 vs 3 (or 3 vs 4 including rucks) situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a few things that annoy me about Sutcliffe.
I wasn’t a fan of importing a captain for our SANFL side, just didn’t seem right to me.
He hasn’t been outstanding in the SANFL from what limited visibility of it I have.
We have young players with far more upside than he does.
If we wanted to pick an older experienced midfielder we had one running around in near Magarey medal form prior to his injury.
I just don’t get why we added him to our AFL list.

The sad part is he’s probably a nice guy, trains hard etc, he doesn’t pick the team. That’s on our coaching mastermind!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think sutcliffe is anywhere near as bad as what is being made out on here.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's not bad at SANFL level but he's not anything approaching selectable and his 10 disposal at 50% game showed that.

Duursma, who ostensibly was left out for him, has never had a game with 10 or fewer touches at AFL level.

Ask Freo fans what they think of Sutcliffe and they'll tell you he's a decent runner and he's decent at finding the ball but he turns the ball over all the time.

Why are we picking him again?

If we wanted to pick an older experienced midfielder we had one running around in near Magarey medal form prior to his injury.

Yep. If you were Trengove you’d be filthy.

Same age, actually did a preseason - has a gargantuan tank anyway, was in rip-roaring form and was utterly frozen out regardless.

Sutcliffe suddenly gets a fortnight as a proper midfielder.

It’s utterly nonsensical, but then so was pumping games into the Kane Mitchells, Jake Neades and Sam Grays.

I've read that people think Sutcliffe will slot into Eberts role as a quasi-3rd tall. I reckon it's more likely Sutcliffe will be in the utility role that Ebert was in last year.

Parts of the game on a forward flank, a little bit of time down back etc.

Broadbent is a straight swap for Burton (Which I don't agree with, would have swung Howard back and brought Ladhams/Marshall in)

With Wines out, SPP will probs get more mid minutes. Houston to switch between mid and back.

When Sutcliffe is forward, Houston is back, When Sutcliffe is back, Houston is in the middle. Hopefully that means Motlop is not down back at all and pushes up the ground.

Ken: "Cam You were solid last week I want you to back it up again this week"

Cam Sutcliffe be thinkin'.......

0_Gif_20190718233502091_by_gifguru.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back