Preview 2019 Round 18 - Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ MCG, Saturday July 20, 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you reckon they want to trial Baker on a HBF like they did in the VFL? Maybe in a Caleb Daniel type role?

Dunno if they would flirt with form that much. I’m only guessing as Rioli played wing earlier on in the year and Sheds has played on the HBL. I’m going with a square peg for a square hole approach.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Unless we lose a midfielder or chol has a bad game I can’t can’t see caddy back in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree mate.

It’s caddy or Chol IMO.

And right now we need Chol more.

If caddy is fit and mobile I would play him, chol and caddy can co exist on opposit ends of the ground, meaning l would play chol at CHB. We have enough height up forwards if caddy was playing. We will get monstered by a true CHF and we better prepare because the eagles are going to trouble us in the air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the requirements for being eligible to play VFL finals? Maybe we're dropping some back, now that we have the luxury of a relatively strong list, to qualify a few players, in case the Seniors stumble? Anyone know?
If both seniors and reserves are playing finals , there's no eligibility concerns
If only reserves are playing finals then Eligibility comes into it,,
I think

Good to be back in Marvellous Melbourne.
Great to see Jack G and Baker return.
I liked when they played Baker hovering around centre half forward in JLT.
From what I recall, Short dropped off badly in form towards finals last year, panicky.
So, KMac waiting in the wings, never say never.
Good to have a surplus of players vying for spots.

Last edited:
Shattered I can't make the game this week. My wife needs to attend an information session for my youngest to get christened. I'm looking after the eldest, he is only 2 & a half so I'm not keen enough to take him to the footy yet lol. Also getting the snip done tonight so not sure what to expect for tomorrow!

So Ports in’s are better than there outs lol
Line ball. Fit, all three outs are best 22, as is Houston. X is first team in most posters' eyes. Many prefer Lienert to Broadbent, but the latter adds experience. The issues over our way are more related to who's still in despite better options in the twos. Oh, and our persistent stubbornness in not playing a functioning forward line.

Line ball. Fit, all three outs are best 22, as is Houston. X is first team in most posters' eyes. Many prefer Lienert to Broadbent, but the latter adds experience. The issues over our way are more related to who's still in despite better options in the twos. Oh, and our persistent stubbornness in not playing a functioning forward line.
If you guys get up with no Ebert, Wines, Burton, it'll be a monumental effort. Comparing to the game in Rd. 4, we have a much stronger team and yours is much weaker. I think the only way you'll challenge us is if you get the run and spread from your younger guys like you did against Melbourne Rd. 1. You'll also need Dixon to compete all game, with Westhoff and R Gray to kick some snags each. Looking forward to finally playing you in Melbourne for the first time in seemingly forever, hope it's a cracking contest with the Tigs getting the chocolates :)

I think you could easily beat us.

You should be fired up after not showing up against Brisbane and we had a soft win against a feeble GWS that lost to Essendon and Brisbane in recent weeks with Coniglio injuries from the get go, no Kelly, Whitfield just back/rusty and copped a knock to!!!

So really RFC could be there for the taking but hopefully our players lift for the challenge!!

Really Port has beat Geelong, West Coast in Perth, Adelaide and others when focused so it will be quite an achievement if we can get past your team with a victory on the weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back