Preview 2019 Round 18 - Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ MCG, Saturday July 20, 1:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think you could easily beat us.

You should be fired up after not showing up against Brisbane and we had a soft win against a feeble GWS that lost to Essendon and Brisbane in recent weeks with Coniglio injuries from the get go, no Kelly, Whitfield just back/rusty and copped a knock to!!!

So really RFC could be there for the taking but hopefully our players lift for the challenge!!

Really Port has beat Geelong, West Coast in Perth, Adelaide and others when focused so it will be quite an achievement if we can get past your team with a victory on the weekend!!
Yeah, look, if we come ready to play then we are a chance. We have to shore up the midfield which we did well against Adelaide, but yours is next level. Lycett was BOG against the Crows and invisible a week later. Who knows.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you guys get up with no Ebert, Wines, Burton, it'll be a monumental effort. Comparing to the game in Rd. 4, we have a much stronger team and yours is much weaker. I think the only way you'll challenge us is if you get the run and spread from your younger guys like you did against Melbourne Rd. 1. You'll also need Dixon to compete all game, with Westhoff and R Gray to kick some snags each. Looking forward to finally playing you in Melbourne for the first time in seemingly forever, hope it's a cracking contest with the Tigs getting the chocolates :)
Liked, except for the bit about chocolates.

I have two tickets (one adult and one child under 14) for tomorrow if anyone wants. Live outta town and won't be able to make it.
If you’ve still got em
I’ll take my daughter in with me

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Port Adelaide welcoming committee

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Macca is our best see ball, get ball player imo. Has a massive tank and a big body which he uses well. Either rested or disciplinary otherwise I just don't get it.

Averages 14 disposals, 5 contested & 3 inside 50s a game as a winger. I have no idea how he continues to get a game week in week out.
I always look to see who he is lined up on because I know that player will have 25+ most weeks.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Shattered I can't make the game this week. My wife needs to attend an information session for my youngest to get christened. I'm looking after the eldest, he is only 2 & a half so I'm not keen enough to take him to the footy yet lol. Also getting the snip done tonight so not sure what to expect for tomorrow!
Big 24 hours then. Good luck

Sep 7, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
SMFC
Can we drop Martin and Cotchin please, give the, both a rest.
Surely not. Recently had the bye and they both look quite fresh with Cotch playing half a season, We need them more than ever to try and push towards top 4. Playing a full year of AFL footy is very taxing on the body but Dusty has shown over the past few years he is more than up to it.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Shattered I can't make the game this week. My wife needs to attend an information session for my youngest to get christened. I'm looking after the eldest, he is only 2 & a half so I'm not keen enough to take him to the footy yet lol. Also getting the snip done tonight so not sure what to expect for tomorrow!
Wife should have planned it better.
Grounds for divorce!

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Averages 14 disposals, 5 contested & 3 inside 50s a game as a winger. I have no idea how he continues to get a game week in week out.
I always look to see who he is lined up on because I know that player will have 25+ most weeks.
Name Players?

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like Dimma has settled on his game plan for the rest of the season and is now tinkering with the personnel who can best carry it out. I'm happy Baker is back and particularly happy he's in a creative role off half back. Loved his game so far but, like a couple of our players, he seems more than a little unreliable with set shots close to goal. Can't wait to see how he fits in on Saturday. I know Rioli has been criticised this year but I did think his grunt work around the ground was great against GWS. Again, if he can improve his set shot finishing, we become a serious challenge for anyone in September.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Adam Saad is you thinking Rioli will get dropped

View attachment 711055
Magnificent play by all involved there even Saad for taking the game on!...he thought he had Sheds covered but bang in came Rioli, gotcha!!! Saad even had a looksee just to check who the heck exactly brought him down! Good footy by all... :think: ;)😍:thumbsu:

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I think we might get beat this week.

Port have to rebound ,their ins are not that bad and it will be interesting on the match ups. Chol on Westhoff???

How will our defence go against Dixon and others?? Then again Dimma knows a bit about Port and we went well against them earlier in the year against the odds but are we overconfident??
We don't beat Port we do not deserve to play Finals! They are a reasonable side yes! But we are even stronger than last time we beat them with the equivalent of a VFL side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back