Preview 2019 Round 18 - Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ MCG, Saturday July 20, 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Line ball. Fit, all three outs are best 22, as is Houston. X is first team in most posters' eyes. Many prefer Lienert to Broadbent, but the latter adds experience. The issues over our way are more related to who's still in despite better options in the twos. Oh, and our persistent stubbornness in not playing a functioning forward line.

I saw some posters on your board referring to Broadbents man always getting off the chain, is this a thing? Always thought he was a fairly solid defender....

Yeah, look, if we come ready to play then we are a chance. We have to shore up the midfield which we did well against Adelaide, but yours is next level. Lycett was BOG against the Crows and invisible a week later. Who knows.

So what your really saying is Port could be a lot tougher than GWS and Richmond, to win, need to be ready for that and bring their A game!!

I saw some posters on your board referring to Broadbents man always getting off the chain, is this a thing? Always thought he was a fairly solid defender....
Yeah it's probably fair to say he's less effective against small mobile forwards, but has good positioning smarts. Had a long layoff and is only just starting to string games together. Was good against Crows reserves last week (I know that's a different level, but they are leading that competition).

We don't beat Port we do not deserve to play Finals! They are a reasonable side yes! But we are even stronger than last time we beat them with the equivalent of a VFL side!

Winning, for me though is not about entitlement, its about putting in the hard yards and trying to do your best with your team mates to win, including respecting your opposition, to achieve what success you are striving to accomplish!!!

Without effort no one achieves anything!!

So what your really saying is Port could be a lot tougher than GWS and Richmond, to win, need to be ready for that and bring their A game!!
What I'm really saying is that I have NFI which Port is going to show up. You'll know five minutes in. I'd hold off punting until then.

I think we haven't selected our best available team. But presumably almost every fan says that almost every week.

What I'm really saying is that I have NFI which Port is going to show up. You'll know five minutes in. I'd hold off punting until then.

I think we haven't selected our best available team. But presumably almost every fan says that almost every week.

I hope our team is focused like the 2017 Grand Final, we only know Port is beaten when we know in the last minutes of the game like against Adelaide, mathematically they run out of time to catch us!!!

Winning, for me though is not about entitlement, its about putting in the hard yards and trying to do your best with your team mates to win, including respecting your opposition, to achieve what success you are striving to accomplish!!!

Without effort no one achieves anything!!
We are a bigger better side than last time we won so i expect a bigger better effort this time if we are serious about playing Finals! ;) :thumbsu:

We are a bigger better side than last time we won so i expect a bigger better effort this time if we are serious about playing Finals! ;) :thumbsu:

I do not expect anything, I hope our team gives maximum effort and focus including team cohesion and hopefully that is enough to get the chocolates on the day!!

I would like to feel confident and believe our team will have a real crack but its up to them really, the ball is in their court as is their desire of how far they wish to succeed!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not expect anything, I hope our team gives maximum effort and focus including team cohesion and hopefully that is enough to get the chocolates on the day!!
Hoping versus expectations...throw in chocolates that's a recipe for confusion!

Hoping versus expectations...throw in chocolates that's a recipe for confusion!

I do not want our players sitting on expectation and losing as a result!! We have no room for complacency!!

I want Stack and the other players doing all they can, including the one percenters, including trying to effect those smothers like Stack did last week to inhibit the opposition to create opportunity and to fuel the will through effort to achieve the success we crave and help us achieve our goals in what we want to do!!!

Nah mate, he's a man mountain. Under Ken's apart-height policies though it definitely helps your career if you lie about any cms you may have over six foot.

i was gonna say...

hes listed as 188cm which is pretty much the same as dusty lol cant be correct

I do not want our players sitting on expectation and losing as a result!! We have no room for complacency!!

I want Stack and the other players doing all they can, including the one percenters, including trying to effect those smothers like Stack did last week to inhibit the opposition to create opportunity and to fuel the will through effort to achieve the success we crave and help us achieve our goals in what we want to do!!!
Hoping versus expectations versus wanting maybe will get us the choccies!

Hoping versus expectations versus wanting maybe will get us the choccies!

I do not want to see expectation from our players on the football field, I want to see desire from our players on the football field. I want to see a will to win in their bones on the football field through their movement and action on the football field. Like when Stack commits and follows through on a smother like its automatic because he wants to get the ball back, help turnover the ball and hopefully help the team kick the goal from a will to win the game and compete until victory is assured!!!

Just my observation but being omitted from the side this year is not the same as being dropped from the side years ago.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well put Al. There's no disgrace in being omitted this year. Every player brings a set of skill sets to the game and sometimes those sets aren't what are needed for the game style for any particular period. If it hadn't been for all those injuries to key players this year, we might still be locked into the mindset of 2017. The chaos and speed has been retained but now augmented by height and additional creativity in both halves of the field. I also have this sneaky feeling that if we get to the grand final, Mabior Chol could be our equivalent of Mason Cox in 2018. Only with greater athleticism and better finishing all over the ground.

Surely the game plan is to have Lynch/Chol/Jack come up on the wing attacking side, and then get Shorty to play front and centre crumb. Otherwise he's getting out marked, and we are in turnover...

Kmac has 12 touches and was ranked 21st in AFL fantasy scoring last week. I donā€™t take much notice of these stats particularly for players like him that play such important team defensive roles but itā€™s probably the reason heā€™s out. Also only had 1 tackle so maybe his defensive side was lacking (only the coaches would know that).

Good to see Graham back in - he got dropped on the back of a 26 possession / 6 tackle game albeit against GC. Imo is best 22 come finals- does all the hard sh!t that stands up in finals and is closest thing we have to a lock down/run with player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back