Prediction Changes v Richmond

I've got nothing against either Sutcliffe or Broadbent, especially Broady who has been a great servant and was pretty decent in the games he played this year, but what exactly is the goal in this last 6 weeks?
Make finals with shambling 22 to keep Ken on?

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
hipwood goals
and thats after 50 + games of development

Big bill goal
3,0 dropped.... after 1 game development

crzy crazy stuff to drop him when we did

Really need to highlight that absolutely pathetic service Billy was getting when he kicked 0. Buddy would have struggled that game.

Even with the anti tall forward attitude Hinkley has I think there’s more to it with Billy. Loves not playing him.

Last edited:

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So why Sutcliffe? Why not someone who has future potential? Sutcliffe won't be here next year so why pick him? And others are clearly better players than him

The only reason I can think is because Ken has a side gamble going on beside his must make finals things, to prove people wrong and make them think he is a master coach. Basically, he is clutching at straws and 27 year old Cam is his long shot

The thing is it has failed time and time again. Lindsay Thomas case in point. Can you believe we kept players_out_of the team in favor of him??!! Sadly, it is not working with Dixon (massive underperformer), Rockliff (achieved maybe 60% of what we hoped) Motlop (there are no words) and Watts. None of whom are playing or have played at the level of their peak prior to arriving

I think Ken is rolling an "I told you so" dice. A better choice for a player tomorrow would have to have been Trengove. But I think he is Melbourne shy and has no genius upside by playing him. Toumpas was a fail. Watts, while very serviceable and first 18 player, has been a fail of Lens ability to find something else in him- to prove Melbourne wrong. So I don't believe Ken's ego will let him put another high draft pick Melbourne player out there because what is Kens upside? There is none. IF Trengove played well everyone would simply ask why didn't he play sooner.

And so enter Cam Sutcliffe, a delisted, nothing player who is expected to do nothing. If Ken can jag 2 goals out of him tomorrow he will be the genius. The superstar clever coach who holds faith in players and gets the best out of them

My thoughts anyway

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not usually one to melt over fringe selections, but the lack of strategic direction in all of this is quite astounding. Season is clearly over, there should be a directive from the top of the football department to start preparing for next year and to expose as many young players as possible to as much football as possible on the run home. I've got nothing against either Sutcliffe or Broadbent, especially Broady who has been a great servant and was pretty decent in the games he played this year, but what exactly is the goal in this last 6 weeks?

Hinkleys behaviour this year stinks of a guy who is under a lot of pressure.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So why Sutcliffe? Why not someone who has future potential?
He's short. The Sam Gray / Jake Neade / Kane Mitchell etc. etc. etc. game waster plan.
At this point any prospective head coach would be an improvement, provided they agree on the need for more than one KPF (resting rucks not included) and doing like for like replacements when players are unavailable.

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's short. The Sam Gray / Jake Neade / Kane Mitchell etc. etc. etc. game waster plan.
At this point any prospective head coach would be an improvement, provided they agree on the need for more than one KPF (resting rucks not included) and doing like for like replacements when players are unavailable.
So Sam Gray goes upheld. Rozee into the middle more letting Sutcliffe be the lead target for Dixon to bomb into him.

Can I also say it's nice to see none of us are degrading cam Sutcliffe or his effort . he's as much a victim of Circumstance and a player pawn in this. Albeit With a haircut as bad as mine before my wife shaved it off 😎

Alyx

Unbelievably Disconnected
Feb 17, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

rugged-man-digging-deep-hole-with-shovel-picture-id92054054

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In what? 15 years on TPFP and BF, I think this page has quite possibly topped it all. And that includes god of all stat and fact history God wisdom of REH and the wizardry of Alyx

All "we" need is Hitler Does to show his head and "we" are complete

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
apparently Jonas not training today. both garner and drew training

shame ladhams or marshall wasnt an emergency... swing howard back.
could have dixon one out again without howard...... for joy

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
rubbing salt into the wound....
looking at Freos selection for this week....

Lyon has recalled veteran Aaron Sandilands to join Sean Darcy and Rory Lobb in a potent ruck trio.
Lobb, who stands at 206cm, is expected to play most of the match as a forward. It would leave 211cm Sandilands and the 202cm Darcy to tag team in the ruck for most of the game.

and we get to play Dixon................ with short people

Back