Preview Changes and discussion WB v StKilda Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so sure about that.

I am liking what I see with Williams has some attributes that are still developing the more he plays the more he shows.

IF Daniel comes back in to half back then it has to be Williams.

Duryea had his best game
JJ is the line breaker with speed
Wood is the captain
Suckers kick ins
Crozier is killing it
Cordy plays on KPPS

He is the logical one IF they bring Caleb back. Williams in the 6th or 7th best HBF on our list and if Daniel and Moz were fit wouldn’t be playing

Last edited:
Having Libba and Daniel come in is huge. Having a bit of a squeeze on first 22 spots isnt that bad. Libba for Mclean, Daniel for Roarke Richards or Williams could make sense.

Suckers maybe the one to go? Been a bit sore lately and they've been moving him round the park to fill gaps

Yeah Roarke goes out this week. Appreciate the role he played last week by kicking straight but 11 touches in two weeks doesn’t cut it when you have two comfortable best 22 players come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of Roarke, Richards or Williams deserve to be dropped imo.

I definitly agree with the sentiment but when its Libba and Caleb that are coming in someone has to be dropped. We could also drop dickson swing suckling forward thats another option. Not really an obvious choice unfortunatly, no matter what happens its fairly stiff, Im also a little worried about Bailey Williams not having a contract and being dropped again

Richards hasn't been bad but he'd probably be first in line to be dropped. 29 touches combined from his last 3 games is a bit poor even considering his role typically won't see him accumulate a heaping amount of the ball, although he has been pressuring really well since he came back from being dropped last time.

I don't think there's much shame involved in being dropped for a premiership player like Caleb or Libba if you're a young player like Richards. Or alternatively, if they don't want to make any changes and Libba/Caleb/Morris stay in the VFL...That just says the team's been having a pretty good time of it as of late. If they have to wait to get back in when the team's performing strongly, so be it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull a bit of rank with at least one of them and someone's going to be a bit unlucky to be dropped. You'd just hope in that case with whichever of them comes in, the match fitness is there and they're healthy enough to get through the game. Wouldn't look great if that wasn't the case and we could have gotten a full game out of someone else.

Richards been withdrawn from the squad. My Guess out mclean and richards. In Daniel and Libba.
That makes selection easy, I'll go with your changes too.

I find it hard to believe that neither Libba or Daniel need a week in the reserves for match fitness...

Not after that short time missing from the team. They have very good fitness bases and would be doing plenty of cardio during their lay off.

There training sessions leading in to returns would be intense too.
Would be a waste having them play VFL.
Longer term and injuries like Morris, or younger blokes with less footy under their belt usually need a run up from the VFL to the seniors.

I’ve always been a fan of Bailey Dale and believed that he was one that was going to make it. My belief is beginning to wane a little bit. His VFL numbers have been really encouraging, hopefully he’ll find some of that form at AFL level.

Surprised he came in for Williams who has been decent lately. Guess they wanted to swap for positions. Defender for defender (CD for BW), mid for mid (TL for TM), forward for forward (BD for ER).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back