Autopsy Ken Hinkley - PAFC senior coach 2013 to 2019

Who will coach PAFC in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got this sense that some of you are optimistic that Hinkley will not be the coach after this season but I just don't feel this optimism at all and rather I'm still contemplating how I will endure another season under Hinkley. Am I missing some recent news or even hearsay that points to Hinks departing us?

Donna not liking Adelaide weather :)

He don't care about our History
Or our collection of Seymour Hills
Things like that just never mattered much to him
He only watches greyhounds on TV anyway

And he don't care that we can fly him
To places that connect through Shenzhen
But if he really wants to go
I think deep down he knows that
Koch will say on Sunrise when

We should sack Hinkley
Not because he hangs with Jarrad Schofield
Or that guy he got from Corio
I think his name is Steve

You're always at your absolute best when Yankovicking sleeper hits into songs about sacking Ken Hinkley.

So we let the three best prospects get snapped up and then next year we're left with the options of....?

Schofield and Montgomery would have walked out if Ken is still here too.
Three current vacancies but no guarantee they'll go to the three best prospects.

Carlton, North Melbourne and St Kilda might end up with the modern equivalents of Drum, Neeld and Scott (Don, that is).

We might already have two of the best prospects at the club. Perhaps we need to do a deal with one of them now to lock them in as Ken's successor, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I agree but I've seen nothing from Hinkley to suggest that he is either smart or rat cunning.

Does he though?
You don't listen or read closely enough. He is a favourite of enough media personalities to cause a torrent of criticism for the club, if they sack him. Some in the media are starting to understand, most still aren't, that he isn't up to it and can't take us any further. The media loves a martyr, Hinkley a good christian man, is setting himself up for footy martyrdom if Koch or KT get the sword out and cut him lose.

Last edited:
You don't listen or read closely enough. He is a favourite of enough media personalities to cause a torrent of criticism for the club, if they sack him. Some are starting to understand, most still aren't, that he isn't up to it and can't take us any further. The media loves a martyr, Hinkley a good christian man, is setting himself up for footy martyrdom if Koch or KT get the sword out and cut him lose.
I read and listen to very little from media personalities. I prefer to get facts from journalists although that is becoming more and more difficult. :)

I read and listen to very little from media personalities. I prefer to get facts from journalists although that is becoming more and more difficult. :)
When you are a trained journo who writes for a paper, plus works on radios, plus works on TV, you are a media personality, even a media tart.

When you are a trained journo who writes for a paper, plus works on radios, plus works on TV, you are a media personality, even a media tart.
Regardless of their popularity, if they honestly believe that Hinkley is doing a good job then they clearly aren't competent at analysing the facts. Maybe they're just trying to be controversial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this thread pop up and got excited.

Skimmed the first few posts. Nothing confirmed Ken's sacking. Frustrating! So I went straight to Google and Port's social media. Nothing. Not a thing. Nada.

* deep disappointed sigh *

What a tease. A big f@%king tease. Biggest tease since Holly Hotstuff (not her real name) in year 12.

Holly was the arguably the hottest girl at our high school, universally top three. None of us had a chance, tho. She had a thing for African-Americans and would hit up Club America at Ambassador’s every weekend.

Years later, when I came home for my dying Dad's last days in 2004*, I bumped into her at a local pub where my fam was getting sh!t-faced as all Irish fams do in these situations (any situation, really.)

Holly was still hot but... had lived rough since high school. My dopey big brother was keen. So I did what any little brother would do. I utensil-blocked him for sh!ts 'n' giggles.

Anyway, I end up going to this crazy party with Holly and a bunch of randoms. This joint was Rough. As. Guts. It was on edge. Felt like someone was gonna bet bashed/raped/murdered at any time. Pretty sure I was the only one there who hadn't done time in Yatala.

Also, it became clear that Holly was gonna bonk my brains out.

Now, I tried to visualise 1992 Holly but kept getting snapped back to grim reality assorted ferals, roughnecks, drug dealers, repeat violent offenders and garden variety recidivist pieces of sh!t at this party.

Then the bikies rocked up.
And Holly called me into the kitchen.
Where she was shooting up smack.
Sharing a dirty syringe.
With some random.

"Want some?" She offered me the needle. "It's good sh!t."

After politely declining her AIDS invitation, I backed out of the kitchen, all the way to the front door, hurried down the driveway, crossed the street and got the f@%k out of Dodge.

tl;dr - after seven years, Ken is Holly, basically.

*Dad legit died after our round 22 win against the Crows, as if he was hanging on just to see us beat those campaigners one last time, lol.

Focking brilliant post. Could have only been improved by including the word baseline.

Thank you. You are welcome at my poker game any time

You don't listen or read closely enough. He is a favourite of enough media personalities to cause a torrent of criticism for the club, if they sack him. Some in the media are starting to understand, most still aren't, that he isn't up to it and can't take us any further. The media loves a martyr, Hinkley a good christian man, is setting himself up for footy martyrdom if Koch or KT get the sword out and cut him lose.
Of course he is. Media street Ken. Whateley's love interest.

Looked terrible when interviewed at the airport today - backing Vossy in and doubling down on his terrorise Lachie comments. My eyes may be playing up, but the full eye bulge was happening and it
almost looked as if he had shingles. Ken, pull the pin Mate, youre not in a good place and it’s not doing anyone anygood

I am getting concerned now.
Where is Janus?

Janus deserves the break.

The rest of us saw the Brisbane loss coming a mile away and stopped letting ourselves get so hurt a couple of seasons ago. Janus goes into every game expecting us to flog a team off the park. His level of hurt is still enormous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back