Preview Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st July, 4:40PM AEST *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm pretty happy to see Dmac out.

He had a good few weeks as a lock-down defender earlier in the year but has seriously regressed lately... His composure, game awareness and skill is non-existent (and those are three pretty vital things that a decent league footballer needs to put it mildly).

The bit of play last week in Geelong when he completely messed up a counter attack when we had numbers going forward was the last straw for me.

I'm pretty happy to see Dmac out.

He had a good few weeks as a lock-down defender earlier in the year but has seriously regressed lately... His composure, game awareness and skill is non-existent (and those are three pretty vital things that a decent league footballer needs to put it mildly).

The bit of play last week in Geelong when he completely messed up a counter attack when we had numbers going forward was the last straw for me.

There’s half a dozen guys you could say something similar for after the first 6 weeks of the season. I think not having Geary as the main lock down half back exposed McKenzie to opposition he wasn’t ready for yet (or maybe ever...) and he’s dropped off a bit from there.

Congrats to Daddy Longlegs! All the very best mate.

Happy enough with the changes. Sincs and Blake will need to lift to keep their spots.

Please play them on the freaking wing more than Newnes, Ratts.

We know Newnes ceiling on the wing and we know that the careers of the other two are going nowhere playing mainly up forward, so pls do the maths!

There’s half a dozen guys you could say something similar for after the first 6 weeks of the season. I think not having Geary as the main lock down half back exposed McKenzie to opposition he wasn’t ready for yet (or maybe ever...) and he’s dropped off a bit from there.
Agree! :thumbsu:

I’m not sure I get the problem.

You kinda validated the umpires being sponsored by OPSM by not seeing the quirk.

Dmac is named Paton @ 56secs in, audio is Dmac, image is Dmac, written word is Paton.

Ergo, even on extended bench, Dmac was not going to play as they already junked his nameplate in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to see how Parker reacts after being dropped. He burst onto the scene like a maniac but week by week really dropped off and got worse with each game. Hopefully he comes out the blocks and is the x-factor the team desperately needs. His pressure in the forward line when he was at his best was unrivalled in the league. I won't forget the time when he tackled 3 opposition players in succession and got the ball back. Just an absolute beast.
Hope he can find some form, he's something else.

Im pretty happy that DMac has gone back to sandy and TBH i wouldnt expect him back in the ones anytime soon , unlike Whitey who when he plays for Sandy dominates and directs the back line DMac is more your link up dish it off to others type .
Still a few more that need to be weeded out if we are going to climb the ladder next year but at least this is a start

I think DMac is suffering from Richo expecting every player to be a half back first- he is definitely not a backman, more a outside run winger/ onballer, but has never been used much in those roles as I would have liked. Hope he bounces back under a new coach.
He looks like a back and I will be shocked if he isn’t played as a back on Sunday. For all richo apparent coaching faults there were stuff all changes at selection. Now let’s see the changes on game day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back