Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I do not bet on football but i think that we have covered the line every week since Teague has taken over.. Rounded up to $2 (generally pays $1.90 or so)

All up $100 becomes $200 after the lions becomes $400 after the dogs becomes $800 after freo becomes $1600 after dees becomes $3200 after swans.

Let it ride this week!!!

Their midfield actually has some talent when everyone's healthy but no miles, weller, bowes, martin, ainsworth and no holman to tag cripps makes things pretty difficult. should do this fairly comfortably.
Cripps could have a huge day out tomorrow. Like HUGE!

Exciting to get a look at a debutant and a good game to debut for him as well. Gives him every chance to perform well.

How great if Deluca & Gibbons become successful mature-aged pick ups...and in the supplement and mid-season draft at that.
And Cottrell as well.

This is a danger game, make no mistake

It will show us a few things either way

Personally I can see a scrappy game where we stay anywhere from 3-5 goals up for most of the game

I’d take a 30 point win any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. Get the 4 points and move on to the Crows. Doesn't bother me about the margin

3 goals , 26 touches, 5 goal assists, 7 tackles & 8 inside fiftys.
Will that do ?? :p :p :thumbsupemoji: :thumbsupemoji: :straining::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::p

Steady on tiger! He is playing on the HF line …. up that to 6 goals please ;)

Josh DELUCA, 2nd-tier stats

Stat2019 VFL (Nor Blues)2019 WAFL (Subiaco)2018 WAFL (Subiaco)2017 WAFL (Peel)2016 WAFL (Peel)
Total games36151023
Total goals13799
Total behinds0311213
Total best players list32736
Average kicks15.015.314.712.010.6
Average handballs6.010.313.38.48.0
Average disposals 21.025.727.920.418.6
Average marks3.34.83.52.93.7
Average tackles5.05.36.35.64.2
Average hitouts0.00.00.10.10.2
Average inside 50s4.04.24.33.13.1
Average rebound 50s2.71.20.91.00.6
Average frees for1.70.70.50.50.4
Averages free against2.71.21.31.81.3
Average Dream Team points82.67103.17106.3384.7075.09
What I like about that is his tackling has stayed the same while his offensive output has increased. Seems like a much more rounded player than his first go around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping we select Deluca this week....not sure who the out would be....but we recruited him as an inside mid to extract the pill from the stoppages, not as an added extra for the NB's.
Perfect opportunity to give him a run in a team coming off a good win.
My apologies for quoting myself (not even in the slightest but apparently you need to say it in this madhouse)

But good luck to Joshy De tomorrow....hope he couples up with Crippa and collectively tears the Suns a new one....AND Martin will be so impressed with the Blueboys he'll be knocking on SOS's door on Monday seeking a trade to get on board...

Exciting to get a look at a debutant and a good game to debut for him as well. Gives him every chance to perform well.

How great if Deluca & Gibbons become successful mature-aged pick ups...and in the supplement and mid-season draft at that.
Given they're still relatively young as well, it would be massive to have them both solidify themselves as best 22 long term. I think they can.

Let’s see how Darcy Lang goes this week, 3rd game in a row and is under a bit of pressure, I was surprised he held his spot but I hope he can have a crack and show us what he’s got, with Cunners back next week hopefully and Dow to recover, competition for spots will heat up.

Excited to see Deluca debut.

Go Blues

Like Gibbons, sounds like Deluca excelled as a mid in the WAFL and has been playing there for Northern Blues...yet will likely play mostly forward tomorrow.

Interesting to see how he goes, but let's not expect too much.
De Luca has at least been on an AFL list before so would have some idea of what to expect. Gibbo has come from a long way back & has done well to get to where he is at now. De Luca will probably get up to speed a bit quicker than what Gibbo did.

Given they're still relatively young as well, it would be massive to have them both solidify themselves as best 22 long term. I think they can.
Gibbons definitely. He seems to have good composure and skills. Different to the kerridge/graham types who could find the ball but were never good/fast enough decision makers.

My gut says Deluca is somewhere in between, hope he turns out a gun tho!

I have to be honest... I'm terrified of this game. We've managed to rise to the occasion of a team above us on quite a few occasions during the last 4 - 5 years... but very rarely have we disposed of a team well that we are expected to beat.

This game is as good of a test for us as playing Geelong, but for completely different reasons.

Go Blues... hoping a solid win signals we have turned a page!

De Luca has at least been on an AFL list before so would have some idea of what to expect. Gibbo has come from a long way back & has done well to get to where he is at now. De Luca will probably get up to speed a bit quicker than what Gibbo did.
Sorry to interlude, just commenting on De Luca’s debut for Carlton. You will get a fierce, hard nosed pressure mid. He’s not going to take his second chance for granted.
He was woefully out of position for Freo when he played. In the notorious high half forward pressure role. Never got a chance.
Good luck to him and the Blues, definitely will be watching with interest.

Sorry to interlude, just commenting on De Luca’s debut for Carlton. You will get a fierce, hard nosed pressure mid. He’s not going to take his second chance for granted.
He was woefully out of position for Freo when he played. In the notorious high half forward pressure role. Never got a chance.
Good luck to him and the Blues, definitely will be watching with interest.

Every chance that's exactly where he starts for us today.

Said it earlier about not wanting to dismiss this game but just for how much interest there will be for next weeks match vs Adelaide.
Wouldn't SOS have a grin going should we pull that one off and wouldn't Teague start being looked at, just a little seriously.

I have to be honest... I'm terrified of this game. We've managed to rise to the occasion of a team above us on quite a few occasions during the last 4 - 5 years... but very rarely have we disposed of a team well that we are expected to beat.

This game is as good of a test for us as playing Geelong, but for completely different reasons.

Go Blues... hoping a solid win signals we have turned a page!
Suns are weaker than their 1 point victory over us early in year....plus they have outs inc weller

CFC have reset per sa... and look for guidance in a time of need

we could see a surging Suns early,however as younger teams struggling ,the CFC should begin to work even better later in the game

so maybe close early.......but i dont think the Suns can do it,they are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back