2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Antonis is on the way out as well. Off to Suwon Bluewings apparently. Not sure if we receive a transfer fee?

We really need to look at bringing in players asap. If we lose Troisi as well we are going to be in trouble.

Without Valeri, Antonis and potentially Troisi then the middle of the park is going to be a massive issue.

Jedinak??

Also, linked with Robbie Kruse again. Have a feeling we'd have to pay decent money for him and in that case, no thanks.

Seems Antonis is on the way out as well. Off to Suwon Bluewings apparently. Not sure if we receive a transfer fee?

We really need to look at bringing in players asap. If we lose Troisi as well we are going to be in trouble.

Without Valeri, Antonis and potentially Troisi then the middle of the park is going to be a massive issue.

Jedinak??

There were times last season when i thought we actaully didnt name anyone in the midfield

Also, linked with Robbie Kruse again. Have a feeling we'd have to pay decent money for him and in that case, no thanks.

Awesome!! Whats sarkies doing these days?

Feels so late to be still losing players. Most other teams have full squads and are preparing for the season. Meanwhile we're still leaking players and haven't signed anyone at all. There is only August and September left before October kick off. What an absolute clusterfu**.

We have the ffa cup to think about too. I read with interest that popovich played his son in the recent friendly. wonder if our coach has any sons or even daughters who can fill the gaps

I agree that the state of the squad is a concern at the moment and that this might be a luxury we can't afford....but I hope the club moves on from Troisi. He's been garbage for a while and has a s**t attitude.

I agree that the state of the squad is a concern at the moment and that this might be a luxury we can't afford....but I hope the club moves on from Troisi. He's been garbage for a while and has a s**t attitude.
Annoyingly he probably holds the cards now with another player leaving. Does he qualify for the long service type payments (like Brox does)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way I'd ever warm to Brattan. Dead set s**t truck.

Neither could I the guy seems like a deadset flog of the highest order and that’s not even considering he played for City. First offer he gets from overseas he’ll be off too, he’s already stuffed Sydney around.

I don’t like this at all! Not sure what our fürher is thinking.

That twitter guy must have some info, seems he has called Antonis leaving.

Would take Kruse, Juric or Jedinak as the Aussie players. Wish we could have Raul Baena back as he seemed to get better every week.

That twitter guy must have some info, seems he has called Antonis leaving.

Would take Kruse, Juric or Jedinak as the Aussie players. Wish we could have Raul Baena back as he seemed to get better every week.

Jedinak is slow.

Ola and Juric up front would be unreal.

Brattan to the smurfs. phew.

He wouldn't play for peanuts, would love to know how they're paying for their team at the moment.

Thank Christ we didn't sign the flog!

mmmm... Sydney do have form in breaking the cap twice! But only punished for the breach in season one!
I'm still dirty that they weren't punished in 2010 the season they defeated us in the GF. There were reports they where over the cap but nothing eventuated out of it.

They are building an impressive squad I can see why you'll be skeptical, but to be fair they did lose a few players too and good ones at that. I wouldn't think they have much more within the cap to spare tbh through. Not sure if they've filled there marquee spots either.

Thank Christ we didn't sign the flog!

mmmm... Sydney do have form in breaking the cap twice! But only punished for the breach in season one!
I'm still dirty that they weren't punished in 2010 the season they defeated us in the GF. There were reports they where over the cap but nothing eventuated out of it.

They are building an impressive squad I can see why you'll be skeptical, but to be fair they did lose a few players too and good ones at that. I wouldn't think they have much more within the cap to spare tbh through. Not sure if they've filled there marquee spots either.

They lost marquees and some plebs but are filling up with A League first teamers like Kosta, Bumyamum, Brattan etc who would all command a penny. Apparently something to do with the loyalty bonus thingy to guys like Ninkovic helping with their cap? Never trusted that club. If there were any code in Australia with mates rates going on it would be the FFA and Sydney FC.

They lost marquees and some plebs but are filling up with A League first teamers like Kosta, Bumyamum, Brattan etc who would all command a penny. Apparently something to do with the loyalty bonus thingy to guys like Ninkovic helping with their cap? Never trusted that club. If there were any code in Australia with mates rates going on it would be the FFA and Sydney FC.

Its not just the football team that has got "benefits" (if it existed). I firmly believe the sydney kings were assisted when the nbl was floundering, so as to get them excited and attending etc. Similarly with teh swans in the mid to late 90s.

argument that sydney is the no 1 market, population dictates that. For that i have no issue, and in season 1 of the a league it was vital sydney won to get the thing kick started.

Its not just the football team that has got "benefits" (if it existed). I firmly believe the sydney kings were assisted when the nbl was floundering, so as to get them excited and attending etc. Similarly with teh swans in the mid to late 90s.

argument that sydney is the no 1 market, population dictates that. For that i have no issue, and in season 1 of the a league it was vital sydney won to get the thing kick started.

My conspiracy theory is assisted by Sydney often replace staff with those from FFA or promote from internally. Can't have anyone from the outside coming in and finding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back