Resource The Bargain Bin: footy's best merch sales

Remove this Banner Ad

Copped East Freo, South Freo and Peel large retails for $10ea at the City Sports and F1 warehouse clearance. Quite good considering I seldom see WAFL stuff sold here.

Went there incase there were some Collingwood guernseys, but they probably got swiped real early.

Roaming around Melbourne today, I came across some ripper bargains. I was alongside a friend of mine, and he bought last years Carlton jumper for $40. While I finally found Australia's test shirt from 2015-2017. But the best was yet to come, a trip to the MCG shop resulted in a $62.50 purchase of Melbourne's ANZAC jumper down from $125. This day has been a good day!
View attachment 711033

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love the Melbourne ANZAC jumper this year. I managed to grab myself one, paid $75 for it and I thought I got a steal (I did get mine 3-4 weeks after release though).

Barely seen them, let alone on sale.

Copped East Freo, South Freo and Peel large retails for $10ea at the City Sports and F1 warehouse clearance. Quite good considering I seldom see WAFL stuff sold here.

Went there incase there were some Collingwood guernseys, but they probably got swiped real early.
As if, I was there on Thursday and there was nothing...

I had no idea this place existed, is it always open??
The warehouse clearance is only open tomorrow and next weekend too.

Saw some woolen Tigers jumper there, it might've been that First 18 brand but they looked pretty good.

Also saw a few kids versions of these, strange stuff there.
1563617710104.png

Show of the haul:

God I love that Peel gradient. My favourite WAFL guernsey by far.

Also, I may have struck gold twice...
Carlton going for a minimalistic look for the 2020 season it appears!
Stitch-on logos still better quality than Nike though :p

Was there a lot of stuff there? I'll be heading to Melbourne next weekend for the Crows game, just wondering if its worth leaving earlier to go check it out before hand.
Not too much I'm afraid. I didn't get a good for Adelaide guernsey's, but if there were any they were likely kid's sized or something.
I'm not sure if they "restock" the clearance or not, so might be worth the trip just to try your luck, if not just to experience suburban North Melbourne for the first time (like I did so today).

Not too much I'm afraid. I didn't get a good for Adelaide guernsey's, but if there were any they were likely kid's sized or something.
I'm not sure if they "restock" the clearance or not, so might be worth the trip just to try your luck, if not just to experience suburban North Melbourne for the first time (like I did so today).

Cheers. Guess I'll just wait and see if I can be bothered on the day then!

View attachment 712182
If they're not going to raise the CFC, I'd rather they not have a CFC at all. Perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i live in Perth and I don’t think I’ve ever seen any WAFL stuff for sale here.
Wow? I mean, I'd say that's crazy, but I've never seen VFL merchandise on sale here whatsoever (partly due to the fact that most of the teams are AFL reserves), but still.

When I went to Adelaide they sold all the SANFL stuff in regular sports shops, it was quite surreal (and they sold localk footy kits in the stores?)

I haven't seen SANFL gear in any mainstream SA stores for years, not since the days that SportsPower stocked them back in the 90s. A store called The First Bounce in the mid 2000s got a deal with Sekem and did generic SANFL jumpers which included state guernseys but that's about it. Only the clubs have been selling their official kit nowadays. A store on Port Road had SAAFL gear I think.

I'm kind of disappointed with the WAFL jumpers, I want a South Fremantle one but would like a player issue not those plain ones.

Wow? I mean, I'd say that's crazy, but I've never seen VFL merchandise on sale here whatsoever (partly due to the fact that most of the teams are AFL reserves), but still.

When I went to Adelaide they sold all the SANFL stuff in regular sports shops, it was quite surreal (and they sold localk footy kits in the stores?)
Rebel and the AFL Shop don’t stock any WAFL stuff, some smaller independent stores might but there’s not many of those around me so I don’t get to visit them a lot. From what I can tell the only places that sell the WAFL gear is the clubs themselves.

Yeah pretty sure the only place I’ve seen WAFL guernseys for sale here is the AFL Store in the city, where they had a handful of similar Sekem retails, essentially the equivalent of the Best and Less/Auskick AFL guernseys you can buy.

Show of the haul:
View attachment 712180

God I love that Peel gradient. My favourite WAFL guernsey by far.

View attachment 712182
Out with Nike, in with Kmart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back