Review Review Port v Richmond - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Our defence first plan isn't working, we are conceding big leads early in games. We can't get back into them because we don't play a forward line.
I had forgotten what bad Hartlett looked like. The last three weeks has reminded me.

Yet another faux Port tough guy, to go with Dixon, Jonas, Wines and Powell-Pepper

it was just a game of nothingness. i thought the players tried hard which is sometimes a criticism.
Agree. I complain a lot about our lack of commitment but I thought the effort was certainly there today. Execution was shambolic and below AFL standard. They play with that heart last week and we lose by 3 goals not 8.

Why are we racking up inevitable losses like this while Marshall, Ladhams, Drew, Atley and others are at the Magpies?

This is like Choco 08/09, pumping games into the Thomases, Logans, Thurstanses and Brett Eberts while much-needed youth prospects play SNAFFLE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My submission in the "stupid things you did this week" .. I bought tickets to the Sydney game :mad:.

Reckon they'll be giving those away tomorrow.
I booked flights for the North game!!

We have a talented and reasonably balanced squad, our players are prepared to work hard and I reckon they're even very coachable. And there's the problem.

As a team our players are poorly positioned, they are reactive, they don't know how to block, shepherd, when and where to run to support, when to trust a teammate, when go, when to sit tight on their man, when to spoil, how to spoil, when to mark in the contest. They don't know when a contest is not over, how to kill a contest, when to keep it alive to advantage, how to read the umpiring, anticipate, quickly judge options and trust their instinct, how to use their bodies in a contest how to deal with body work from opponents.

Our players are terrible at the 1%ers

It's like they never train with intensity so when they're faced with it in a game they don't know what to do. After more than 20 years in this competition our players are still too light in comparison to all of the opposition.

Our new coach should be able to fix these things in one preseason. And can we get someone who believes in the value of the weights room. And someone who can intelligently react on game day - but has a solid basic game plan that can be trusted

Take a look at our mediocrity (ladder finishes)

How many more years do we put up with this? We have an ordinary coach, an ordinary list and perpetually 3 years away from a premiership window for over a decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back