Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
This toxic thread will only help to destroy the club we love. Id rather not turn into Fitzroy thanks.

Find other ways to let the club know you are unhappy but don't start stroking not buying memberships coz you don't like the coach.

The Richmond thing with chook poo was brilliant

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I came very close to not renewing our three memberships last year. Let it run past the automatic renewal deadline and then some. Renewed more for my dad and one of my daughters who loves it.

I have been bored and frustrated sitting through most of our home games this year. You know the result early on. The main exceptions were against Geelong and Adelaide recently.

Nup. I’ve gone a year early and with multiple well written communications to people from the club that chased me. I’ve handed over the best part of a thousand bucks a year for years, for no benefit at all to me, none, and won’t give them another cent until the three K’s are gone.

I don’t believe a single thing they say any more.

This is not Port Adelaide.

All they believe in is dollars.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
This toxic thread will only help to destroy the club we love. Id rather not turn into Fitzroy thanks.

Find other ways to let the club know you are unhappy but don't start stroking not buying memberships coz you don't like the coach.

The Richmond thing with chook poo was brilliant
How else do people get their message across? We have no agency here.

I'll keep my membership because I have great seats which will remain great a long time after KKK are gone, but I'd have to consider whether attending any games was worth my time.

I will reserve my judgement until the hopeful removal of the coach, But I am not sure we will get rid of him. Have been to 2 games this year. Will not be attending any more as have lost all interest really. Good-ish seats are a drawcard to stay a member, but losing its lure every week.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How else do people get their message across? We have no agency here.

I'll keep my membership because I have great seats which will remain great a long time after KKK are gone, but I'd have to consider whether attending any games was worth my time.

No agency? The members have no agency? That's ridiculous...

Remember when the club came to the members and asked what they thought about having co-captains? We were able to, without giving up memberships, come together and resoundingly say no to that insanely stupid idea, and as a result....

ok wait you might be right.

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
gave up pretty good seats at the end of 2017,
Glad I did since nothing has changed, got no urge to watch that crap live, so it would of been like throwing money away.

No agency? The members have no agency? That's ridiculous...

Remember when the club came to the members and asked what they thought about having co-captains? We were able to, without giving up memberships, come together and resoundingly say no to that insanely stupid idea, and as a result....

ok wait you might be right.

No Agency sounds like an album Dido would’ve put out in her pomp.

Which is synergetic given Ken Hinkley’s been beckoning us to open wide and giving us the dido for a good five years.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Our poor form has affected the atmosphere at the games this year, having good seats isn't a strong enough lure anymore.

Even if i do renew, out of loyalty to the club, i will no longer be planning my weekends around attending.

I'll renew.

Through good times and bad I've always been Port Adelaide. This ****ing awful sh*t we are being forced to endure isn't the Port Adelaide I knew but I can't walk away. I just can't.

I'm not a letter writer or a sign guy but I'll let my feelings be known to the powers that be in the only way I know how and that's face to face.

I'm heading down for a game soon and I will politely request some time with a certain gentleman at the club the day before.

Change needs to happen.

Back