• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought Ivan was great today and IMO bested a premiership ruckman. Tom Lynch was BOG for mine. The selectors will be under immense pressure over the coming weeks as the bigger bodies of Nank, Macca, Caddy and dare I say it - Rance, are made for finals. Those in danger are: Castagna, Baker, Chol/Soldo, Broad and Short. But bloody hell, they are all playing well atm. Bolton and Stack must stay in unless they run out of gas over the coming weeks.

Without reading any previous comments I think broady needs some recognition. Just does his job 80-90% of the time, has probably had 3-4 absolute mares in his career which some fans never forget but in a money ball scenario he is as underrated as they come. Solid as a rock again today but every week people want him dropped.

The Fox Footy comms whining about that correct OOTF 50 against Port late in the 1st an underrated highlight.

We're they seriously arguing the Port player didn't know what he was doing? If he just wanted to to touch it why not do that instead of punch it out?

It was cringeworthy. That’s exactly why the rule is there in the first place lol

Thought Ivan was great today and IMO bested a premiership ruckman. Tom Lynch was BOG for mine. The selectors will be under immense pressure over the coming weeks as the bigger bodies of Nank, Macca, Caddy and dare I say it - Rance, are made for finals. Those in danger are: Castagna, Baker, Chol/Soldo, Broad and Short. But bloody hell, they are all playing well atm. Bolton and Stack must stay in unless they run out of gas over the coming weeks.
Why is Castagna in danger? Zero chance our best pressure act chaos player forward of the ball is dropped for a slow caddy.

Got the job done. To many handballs for mine. Gonna be interesting to see the side next week. Bring on the pies!

[
Nice to hear Dimma has changed his mind

I’m a big fan of chol, thinking was with Toby back, club would revert back to a one man ruck

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not with the Pies and Grundy/Cox. They always trouble us. Soldo/Nank will make life a lot more difficult than a Chol/Nank combo. Plus on todays form line, Soldo is in better shape than Chol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I agree...but if it came down to him or a fit and firing Caddy I reckon the selection committee won't agree with us.
Dima loves Jason and his pressure.. would have to take some seriously lazy games in a row for him to get dropped

Pretty predictable game imo and we just seemed to hold them at bay all day.
Tom Lynch got the three votes today and is looking much stronger in the legs. I think he was more dangerous at CHF and was actually more creative in terms of a team player. Would love to see how much running he did today compared to earlier in the year. Got two hit outs as well which is more heart warming for me that he’s getting stronger in the legs.
I think we set up poorly early on with Baker and Sheds hibernating down back. Baker will need to part way for KMac as we lacked height and muscle today. Short looks in trouble as well and Caddy will most likely replace him.
I thought Egg provided more than Short last week and at least was getting to contests, but he’s a season away. Nakkers and Chol are the ruck duo. Soldo who has grown in stature and imo will need to sadly go back to VFL. Chol’s athleticism mobility and leap are full of X factor as well as his ability to play multiple roles make him a needed commodity.
Biggest disappointment again was the midfield being smashed in clearances and even the ones we won we rarely looked damaging. We get this area sorted out and we march into September hot favourites.
Over handballing was ok , but not in the BL please . It looked red hot when we took off and Ports plodders just couldn’t keep up.
Broad played his best game for the year and was reading the play just like 2017 and giving us drive.
Brando was good in bursts , but still made some basic clangers, but is best 22 and well ahead of Short and Baker.
Graham did a lot of heavy work and chimed in with a goal and was a solid performer.
Bolton growing as we speak and is all class.
Sydney Stack got a vote from me just for his football brain and makes blokes around him look better. I don’t care what people think, but he’s the best young player in the competition.
Big Boy month starts next week and hopefully our biggest boy in Nakkers returns for the event.
Another box ticked.

Last edited:
Chol is an enigma. His kicking is spot on yet he doesn't seem to quite do enough. Really want to see how he goes against a contender with Nank (assuming) next week.

He is laconic which makes it seem as though he isn’t going 100%

I like Chol a lot...plenty of upside...he has come in leaps and bounds for a kid still learning the game

2020=breakout year

Reckon we experimented a bit today.. was a clear plan to handball thru, we over did it a bit that’s for sure but still I like the application...
still trying to find a few best positions for players.
Stack, Baker, Edwards, short all mixing up their roles..
we shouldn’t be too harsh on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back