Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will 100% renew. But if Ken stays, maybe not with the same level of membership. I feel like I need to protest but walking away altogether is not the answer.

This toxic thread will only help to destroy the club we love. Id rather not turn into Fitzroy thanks.

Find other ways to let the club know you are unhappy but don't start stroking not buying memberships coz you don't like the coach.

The Richmond thing with chook poo was brilliant
A toxic thread for a toxic coach and management sounds about right to me.

If I lived in Adelaide and had good seats I would buy a membership and see out the Hinkley era.

I however live in Melbourne, where there are no benefits to being a Member. I still go to all the games that are played here but the Club won’t benefit from my money or be able to add me to its numbers until there is a change.

Being a Member isn’t what it used to be anyway. I remember a time the Club listened to its Members. Sure there are Member Functions but they are by name alone to make it look like they are listening.

Only because I have great seats.
I'll keep my membership because I have great seats
Only because my seats are too good.

This makes me wonder about our membership floor.

It's hard to imagine many, if any, of our Club 1870 and Black Diamond packages going unsold. The seats are too good, and there'd be a bunch of members on the seat upgrade wait list. For the other classes, though, it would be interesting to estimate the proportion of members happy not to renew, compared to those who feel they have no choice but to renew for fear of losing their seat.

Mine auto-renews but thinking about downgrading.

I've been Club 1870 since day one, but it's getting hard to justify forking out this type of money when really I just can't afford it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This makes me wonder about our membership floor.

It's hard to imagine many, if any, of our Club 1870 and Black Diamond packages going unsold. The seats are too good, and there'd be a bunch of members on the seat upgrade wait list. For the other classes, though, it would be interesting to estimate the proportion of members happy not to renew, compared to those who feel they have no choice but to renew for fear of losing their seat.

Yeah, I mean let’s be real.

What’s the club selling? It isn’t the promise of finals or challenging for a flag. It isn’t a ruthless group determined to improve and get better (Ollie’s wakeboard and associated scoffing from Jonas, Hinkley and friends).

It isn’t even a serious youth-oriented rebuild, cause with all the talk of Duursma, Butters and Rozee, we have SPP in limbo, Marshall orbiting somewhere out past Pluto and have just given two games to freaking Sam Cutliffe.

It’s fraudulent muck from a club that’s completely lost its way, but smugly carries on like a third world dictatorship.

I will renew for one more year but I likely won’t attend games. Willl give my passes away again. I can’t stomach watching my team these days. Our game plan is putrid.
As for 2021, I am not sure.
I don’t want the club to sink further into oblivion more than it already has, but I am tired of throwing good money after bad.

Been an 11-game season ticket holder since 2008, was silver from 2008-2011, upgrades to gold from 2012 but decided to downgrade to silver for this season.

I’ll continue to renew but outside this membership I won’t be giving the club a cent of my hard earned until KKK are gone!!!

Have already decided to downgrade to a 3 game PAFC membership for myself and my daughter.
Only a new senior coach will change that.

I will however be giving Sturt $100 for a digital SANFL membership also.
I want to watch the maggies run around in the PB each week before that gets taken away from me by the VFL.

Why Sturt? I owned a small business on Unley Road a few years back and got to know some of the people in the area.
Decent people and happy to pass my SANFL support their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m in Sydney and the football gives me an excuse to get back in winter - so I will renew but likely attend less games. May cancel the auto renew though - make them sweat on it a bit.

So given most people will renew it seems the club will continue to back the coach in under no pressure from members turning away. I understand why, but dont expect any changes in the current regime.

This toxic thread will only help to destroy the club we love. Id rather not turn into Fitzroy thanks.

Find other ways to let the club know you are unhappy but don't start stroking not buying memberships coz you don't like the coach.

Not the fact the club is being run into the ground by the board and coach, but a thread on the internet is going to destroy our club.

Are you ******* serious?

The saddest part of all of this to me is, it will be those like us frustrated to the point of emptiness who will inevitably reach into our pockets for membership upgrades, Merch, Offal gravy n chips down at the port club while the Holly Ransoms, Cos Cardone’s and Stinkleys of the world finish taking whatever it is they think the club can provide for them and wander off into the golden sunset leaving behind a pile of ash n disappointment

I must be a glutton for punishment because I'll be ADDING to my membership count next season. Currently have a reserved seat with my parents in the Riverbank stand but only attend around half the games because I live in Melbourne. My fiancé and I are moving back to Adelaide at the end of this year, and the seat next to our reserved 3 seats is currently not taken by any member. If I can get that seat, I'll be adding that seat for the missus. She hates going to the footy but if I can sweeten it to her by going to a nice restaurant before or after, give her a footy pie in between, then it is a little more palatable.

What other ways can you let your club know that you're unhappy and that they will actually take notice of?

Because surveys and emails don't seem to work.

Back