Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood@GWS (GIANTS Stadium – 4:35PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
The problem is at least 2 of them live in the rehab room. If not 3.
Recruit durable players & you don't have to bitch about injuries.
Move on the ones who live in rehab & get what you can for them, because they will always cost you in the end.
Either that or get all new strength & conditioning & medical team.
Absolutely, our rehab players have been a drain on the club, time to move some of these plastic footballers on and recruit some KKP ffs, we had a chance to recruit a back up key defender in the midseason draft yet we chose to draft another smnall

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Not sure what Varcoe did wrong.
Cracking 50 SC points would have been nice, but he's barely done that all year, Daics should be getting games, Varcs only goes downhill from here

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
I also wanted Scharenberg picked. Which would have left Appleby playing on someone suited to his size.

It ain’t rocket science.

You said you were very happy with the selections this week - something about the changes you’ve wanted for weeks finally happening. Can’t have your cake and it to.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Cracking 50 SC points would have been nice, but he's barely done that all year, Daics should be getting games, Varcs only goes downhill from here
Had 15 touches, used it well showed physically when many out there where soft was involved in a fair few scoring chains. I think you need to stop worrying about super coach and watch the game.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Had 15 touches, used it well showed physically when many out there where soft was involved in a fair few scoring chains. I think you need to spot worrying about super coach and watch the game.
SC takes more into account than possessions, wouldn't really matter, he's done and we all know it

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Undermanned with none of your gun centre square A graders is biggest handicap in AFL footy.

That's what was really humiliating about it
It's almost as if they were allowed to recruit 3 midfields from the top 20 of several drafts

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jamie Elliott is a special case and I'm sure you get that

Yes but you pick your weeks. I played on a ground termed green cement it was so hard and during mynu18s was playing Fri night u18, Saturday morning a half b grade and then a full game of A's...
While you get sore and cooked over the season he hasn't played anywhere near enough games on hard surfaces to warrant a rest.

He has to of been sore/injured in his back or hammy where they think he is at risk of break down.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
We had 2 of them playing for us.

Kelly, Coniglio and Ward are jets

They are but GWS have so many players they can afford to play players who were midfield dynamos in u18s as HBF like Whitfield and then Green who is a natural ball winner. Add that to top 5 Hopper Tarranto and very good performance from Williams....

Also our midfield is horribly overrated.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes but you pick your weeks. I played on a ground termed green cement it was so hard and during mynu18s was playing Fri night u18, Saturday morning a half b grade and then a full game of A's...
While you get sore and cooked over the season he hasn't played anywhere near enough games on hard surfaces to warrant a rest.

He has to of been sore/injured in his back or hammy where they think he is at risk of break down.

Not much choice about picking weeks. He was obviously sore after playing in Perth. Ironically him being missing wasnt our problem because his replacements Crocker and Brown did their bit,

bucksisbest

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2002
Club Silencio
AFL Club
Collingwood
They are but GWS have so many players they can afford to play players who were midfield dynamics as HBF like Whitfield and then Green who is a natural ball winner. Add that to top 5 Hopper Tarranto and very good performance from Williams....

Our midfield is horribly overrated.
Absolutely agree our midfield is overrated and their stats are inflated due to their overuse of the ball which gives the other team a chance of a turnover.

I just wanted to highlight that GWS had their entire starting centre square midfield out in our 50 point loss.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not much choice about picking weeks. He was obviously sore after playing in Perth. Ironically him being missing wasnt our problem because his replacements Crocker and Brown did their bit,

Crocker improved and kicked a couple but also dropped a lot of marks and it was costly.

Elliott may have forced Shaw from Degoey too, trickle effect and all that.

But yes as i said originally more to it then rest it would point to flare up in injury prone areas.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely agree our midfield is overrated and their stats are inflated due to their overuse of the ball which gives the other team a chance of a turnover.

I just wanted to highlight that GWS had their entire starting centre square midfield out in our 50 point loss.

Yup. We were flogged.

Need to gun hard for Cameron, even If only to shake loose another player like Finlayson. Can't continue with Cox long term as a kpf.

Shake a few trees and see what leaves fall.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interestingly GWS have been the most physical against us since North. No where near how hard North hit us but definitely more physical then the teams since them.

Seir 2018 starting to look like a 1 off year, playing timid reactive footy atm.

bucksisbest

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2002
Club Silencio
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yup. We were flogged.

Need to gun hard for Cameron even, If only to shake loose another player like Finlayson. Can't continue with Cox long term as a kpf.

We desperately need to improve our KPP depth even if we can't do it via trade.

There is no pressure on as we have noone viable currently active. Reid ca
Yup. We were flogged.

Need to gun hard for Cameron even, If only to shake loose another player like Finlayson. Can't continue with Cox long term as a kpf.

We will need to rwally improve our KPP depth so we actually have viable alternate options available. Who either replace or put on pressure for others to perform.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
We desperately need to improve our KPP depth even if we can't do it via trade.

There is no pressure on as we have noone viable currently active. Reid ca

We will need to rwally improve our KPP depth so we actually have viable alternate options available. Who either replace or put on pressure for others to perform.

And yes if we can't trade a top liner in use a few drafts on KPP for once. Oh and don't get me started on the lack of small skilled agile indigenous players on our list....Hines 2 failures.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And yes if we can't trade a top liner in use a few drafts on KPP for once. Oh and don't get me started on the lack of small skilled agile indigenous players on our list....Hines 2 failures.
The lack of quality KPP on our list and indigenous smalls (which these two qualities in the opposition sunk us in the last 3 minutes of the GF) is becoming an elephant in the room....just hope somebody who is in the position to do something about it is ONTO IT come trade/draft time.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
You said you were very happy with the selections this week - something about the changes you’ve wanted for weeks finally happening. Can’t have your cake and it to.

Maybe go back and read what I actually said.

I said I Was happy to finally have Quaynor and Appleby in the same side.

I finally got my Apples and Quaynor in.

Just need Daicos to come back and Crocker and Phillips to come out and I have it almost exactly how I want it (excluding the injured/banned players obviously)

"Happy with selection" is your words. Not mine.

Scharenberg should have been in.

I also said this....

Crocker still in and no Scharenberg...

Yay, one win and Bucks is back in Tanking from Top 4 mode.

Oh well, at least Varcoe is back.

But you know...keep going for your "gotcha" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back