Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood@GWS (GIANTS Stadium – 4:35PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cleanout next year is massive

Delist: Dunn Reid Varcoe Wells Wills Crocker Broomhead Goldsack Madgen Murray

And I'd trade JT

Need to have people to take the spots
Salary as well which none of those are freeing up huge amounts

The lack of quality KPP on our list and indigenous smalls (which these two qualities in the opposition sunk us in the last 3 minutes of the GF) is becoming an elephant in the room....just hope somebody who is in the position to do something about it is ONTO IT come trade/draft time.
With what pick? We have nothing to play with because of the crappy Beams trade the same people who are in the position to do something about it conjured up.

For next season, l would be looking very seriously at Patton. He has had his share of injuries, but he will come cheap, and he is a key forward. We cannot rely on the current setup to win us a premiership.
Agree, but he is on big $, is he out of contract/free agent?

With what pick? We have nothing to play with because of the crappy Beams trade the same people who are in the position to do something about it conjured up.
You don’t need 1st round picks to draft well. Need to change our strategy and select a mix of KPP’s & speed.

Maybe go back and read what I actually said.

I said I Was happy to finally have Quaynor and Appleby in the same side.

"Happy with selection" is your words. Not mine.

Scharenberg should have been in.

I also said this....

But you know...keep going for your "gotcha" moment.

“It’s almost exactly how I want it” - are your words - no dissatisfaction there. You were quite pleased, which was my point.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was our worst loss of the season, considering the level of talent GWS had out. We were just insipid today, not sure what more this current side has to give. Could be a ugly remaining 6 weeks or so.

Go back and have a look at their side. They dropped Davis because Mihocek would have run him ragged. They brought Finlayson back to have three talls to exploit our tiny backline and then they brought back Mumford to intimidate all and sundry. Look at their first few goals....Mummy just kept Roughhead away from any marking contest, then he ran around a bit knocking blokes over and hitting the back of their heads!

They played an unbalanced team last week against the Tiges. They didn't make the same mistake twice. They balanced up with heaps of run against us and look at the difference. It was an ambush! That's the best GWS has ever played (and been allowed to play) against us. We were out "selected" then we were out gunned early and finally we were outrun.

Ward=Beams
Coniglio=Stephenson
Davis= Was dropped (such is their depth)
Kelly=Elliot
DeBoer=Langdon

It wasn't about who they had out. It was about who they brought in.

They are but GWS have so many players they can afford to play players who were midfield dynamos in u18s as HBF like Whitfield and then Green who is a natural ball winner. Add that to top 5 Hopper Tarranto and very good performance from Williams....

Also our midfield is horribly overrated.

They looked much bigger than us tonight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go back and have a look at their side. They dropped Davis because Mihocek would have run him ragged. They brought Finlayson back to have three talls to exploit our tiny backline and then they brought back Mumford to intimidate all and sundry. Look at their first few goals....Mummy just kept Roughhead away from any marking contest, then he ran around a bit knocking blokes over and hitting the back of their heads!

They played an unbalanced team last week against the Tiges. They didn't make the same mistake twice. They balanced up with heaps of run against us and look at the difference. It was an ambush! That's the best GWS has ever played (and been allowed to play) against us. We were out "selected" then we were out gunned early and finally we were outrun.

Ward=Beams
Coniglio=Stephenson
Davis= Was dropped (such is their depth)
Kelly=Elliot
DeBoer=Langdon

It wasn't about who they had out. It was about who they brought in.
Every single 'equivalency' you produced just then, the GWS player was better.....

lol

And yes if we can't trade a top liner in use a few drafts on KPP for once. Oh and don't get me started on the lack of small skilled agile indigenous players on our list....Hines 2 failures.

If Callum Brown had different heritage, he'd fit the bill. His spacial awareness and ability to dart into the clear (the two attributes that are through the roof in the sterotypical indigenous forward pocket) is right up there.

Absolutely, our rehab players have been a drain on the club, time to move some of these plastic footballers on and recruit some KKP ffs, we had a chance to recruit a back up key defender in the midseason draft yet we chose to draft another smnall

I would take plastic every day of the week. Plastic is tough, and sticks around for generations. Do our players really do what it takes, proper stretching, strengthening and care, every day, as part of their professional approach? Or do they sit on the sofa watching Deerhunter or building huts on Minecraft for three hours without moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back