Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood@GWS (GIANTS Stadium – 4:35PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the bottom 9 players, just look.

Utterly embarrassing these men are playing AFL football.

View attachment 712241

Don't see Callum in there. :)

The bottom 7 were really bad today. Aside from Mihocek, whichever of the other 6 who get a game next week will be lucky, as it's been their recent form line.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
But ignore the basics of footskills, finishing etc.

Runs into space well, though...

NFI

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Today's loss was mostly from the midfield I think, we can complain about the defence but in reality the defense came good for a while after quarter time and for some reason when we were dominating play all we seem to do is bomb it in and hope for a different result. We dont deserve a premiership if we rely so much on a 20 year old kid.

bucksisbest

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2002
Club Silencio
AFL Club
Collingwood
And yet our boys played in a GF and they didn't?
And they never have....even being the best of the best?
Something missing ????
They generally crumble when they don't have things on their terms. The players they were missing today are theirabsolute best, because they're the ones that generally give a yelp when the rest of them aren't interested.

That factor really emphasised what a weak, insipid effort today was.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
GWS were more undermanned then us today. They were virtually missing their midfield and a key back. Today really showed us up as a average team.

We are also missing a key back and midfielders. Difference is their list has more than 4 talls on it.

The damage was done in a 15min period where they marked everything that went forward and kicked straight.

Aside from that the game was pretty even.

Darcy Moore plays and we would’ve been down by 20 at qtr time instead of 43 and could’ve been a different game. Even Shaz or Goldsack playing would’ve helped to stop that run.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
He had a girlfriend holding his hand at almost every contest today, not a free kick in sight though.

I think he needs to get lower prior to launching.
He needs to stop the tactic of pushing a hand back into his opponents chest. It allows the defender to tangle him up without it being awarded a free kick. I blame the coaches. Cloke used the tactic to wonderful effect for a fair few years, but defenders worked it out and it became ineffectual, both in terms of the tangle stopping him from having a jump at the footy and getting the hand up too late. Now Cox has been taught the exact same tactic that had previously been rendered useless and it's having even worse results because unlike Cloke, he's not strong enough to break free from the tangle. He does it in most physical contests and I don't think I've seen him make it work yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back