Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

While he frustrates at times he has become a very good player and I think he will only get better. Absolute weapon of an athlete, hard to think of a fitter looking player on our list. Must work his ass off in the gym. Full credit to him and the club for developing him the way they have!

While he frustrates at times he has become a very good player and I think he will only get better. Absolute weapon of an athlete, hard to think of a fitter looking player on our list. Must work his ass off in the gym. Full credit to him and the club for developing him the way they have!
Agree...was super happy when georgey had that awesome 5 goal game, shows exactly what he is capable of! Is developing into a fine on field weapon for us!

He's one player I look forward to watching now. Playing with a lot of confidence. Much better than how he played in his first month this year. Kicking and composure looking good now. I was about to write him off after Round 3

FootballDept 879 / MadTiger 0

There's something about Georgies' general body language and lack of emotion that at times really pisses me off. He has a crack generally but his set-shots at goal look extremely casual and half-hearted sometimes. Has the same reaction whether he kicks the goal or totally utensils it up. Makes it hard to really get around him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we got a 2nd rounder for him id take it in a heartbeat

Must have watched a different game to me you blokes. I thought he was a solid contributor again and recovered well after some early errors. If you can get players on low end contracts playing consistently like that you are doing well.

Must have watched a different game to me you blokes. I thought he was a solid contributor again and recovered well after some early errors. If you can get players on low end contracts playing consistently like that you are doing well.
Not accurate enough as a forward. Misses them when you really need them. Higgins easily replaces him plus our 2nd round pick get a a years development

Whole team did some stupid things at various times through the game...I reckon last week's slog drained them all...started off well then the maggotts paid stupid frees against and killed out a lot of our momentum/creativity.

Great game again. 18 disposals at 78%, 1 goal, team high 10 score involvements 3 above next best. 350 metres gained, 4 inside 50's, 3 tackles. s**t kicks at goal early but played well from the 10 min mark plus the one that lunch spoiled. First picked after dusty grimes and lunch each week

He’s so so good up the ground. His goal kicking is fugn putrid tho

His marking ability and giving a target to guys with the ball is brilliant for such a small mofo.

People say Caddy or Townsend was the 2nd forward option (premiership season) but it was very often George breaking even in contests or catching the thing

His marking ability and giving a target to guys with the ball is brilliant for such a small mofo.

People say Caddy or Townsend was the 2nd forward option (premiership season) but it was very often George breaking even in contests or catching the thing

Agree.

Yes. His finishing can be frustrating but the fact that he gives himself so many opportunity’s to score can’t be overlooked

Can also be very handy up the ground as we have seen the last couple of weeks

Back