• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know why the afl don't instruct the umps to come in 5 m when tired late in games so the throw isn't short.
It happened in the 2nd and 3rd quarter's on the southern stand side .In the southern stand the wind was blowing into our face holding the ball up by about 5m on the throw in .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

2464f5e645fae602f7027b08ed4267ce.jpg

B6884898-9293-414F-B2BD-5EC42515D710.gif

Personally I agree...but if it came down to him or a fit and firing Caddy I reckon the selection committee won't agree with us.
Getting up the ground more giving us that extra zip.Doing his confidence no end of good.No more i must make this one count which only leads to pressure when stuck as a fwd role.

hate it , if it comes unstuck we'll get torched the other way it just gives opposition too much time to put pressure on , even jack said he didnt like it , weve got the 2 best key forward set up
In the comp get it to them as fast as possible.
Didn’t bother me in the slightest. If anything it showed the players are so in tune and high on footy intelligence. Even Dimma said it was too much but the way Port went about it led our blokes into doing it more and more and Port were running around like headless Chook’s. For the game on the day and the opponent and their approach I thought it was perfectly fine and showed an ability to think on our feet and not be one dimensional.
People worrying that it’s our new style are worrying about nothing. Also gives opposition something to think about when planning on games such as the Pies this week. They’ll not know how we’ll go about it whereas last year our predictability bit us fair on the arse, and we had no idea how to respond.

Despite some good moments I'm not sold on baker down back, don't think it will last, stack down back again and caddy back in up forward. Baker is still a required player but still not quite in that 22.
I like baker.Has that cleanness about him.But he's no backman.

This. At the ground with an elevated vantage point, you could see just how hard he works and how fantastic his positioning is behind the play. It is something that TheLoungeLizard noted to me. His work was incredible.
Yep, I've been saying it for years.
He should really be in AA calculations.
Also, if any of you guys haven't been there, I highly recommend the Beer and Burger Bar on Swan St not far from Richmond Station. Burgers are amazing. TheLoungeLizard and I hit it up after the game yesterday for a burger and a beer. Delicious.
I wish I got the one you got!
Checked it out last year with a friend when we went to the round 3 Richmond v Hawthorn game.

I second this recommendation!
How was the Port end? Haha you should have walked around to us!

Negatives
The Flog - had the most one eyed Tigers fan sitting near me today and if he had his way Port would not have received a free kick all game, in fact they'd barely have got a possession. At one point his missus turned to him and said I don't think I'm at the AFL because I don't know the rules and I was like neither does your husband. I mean I get it you go and support your team but FFS have a bit of sense to know that not everything goes the Tigers way.
Shazza_ kept that quiet.
Congratulations on your marriage.

Stacks a waste up forward. Great half backs like McLeod, Enright, Hodge, Wanganeen even Dimma, all A grade tallent down back. Stack as good in patches as he's been up foward was a real weapon in the back half.
A lot of those blokes played good footy as youngsters up forward too. Nothing wrong with developing that part of the game to compliment play in defence ultimately.

Also even the Port supporter behind us cringed at the arrow... as he said, time and place... when your team is being belted away from home, you don't bob up with that

Many of these "blockbuster" H&A matches turn out to be an anti-climax.
End of the day, it is a H&A match, four points.
No need to build hype.
Get the job done.
If Collingwood wants to try a high uncontested possession, "keepings off", type match, that's fine.
Plenty of opportunities for side hits.
Target their midfielders attempting marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i an keen to see is what the pies do with Cox. He was putrid again today. Can they afford to carry him another week? 4 disposals tonight.
He'll play haha They've carried him all year, they'll hardly drop him the week they play us.
They name Cox then pull him out.
Bunch of Wanka's!

5 day break for nank ,,,will we roll the dice,,,? Hopefully not
Can't afford to lose him again,,,,
He plays half a game today in the 2s
Half a game next week in the 2s
Then bring him back round 20
Against demons,, gives him 4 games b4 finals

5 day break for nank ,,,will we roll the dice,,,? Hopefully not
Can't afford to lose him again,,,,
He plays half a game today in the 2s
Half a game next week in the 2s
Then bring him back round 20
Against demons,, gives him 4 games b4 finals

There’s actually no need to panic in rushing Nank back. Let him olay a couple in the ressies and get some touch/fitness back.

Yep, I've been saying it for years.
He should really be in AA calculations.

I wish I got the one you got!

How was the Port end? Haha you should have walked around to us!
Port end was fine except for that one dope yelling Go Power! Every three minutes that someone else mentioned here.

Had one Richmond supporting kid behind me yelling back Boo Power! To the bloke every time he yelled it, was hilarious.

Kid was also very much into saying sucks every time the port cheer squad tried to get a Power chant going! :D

Never been more entertained in my life.

I still don't know why the afl don't instruct the umps to come in 5 m when tired late in games so the throw isn't short.
There brains are still rattling from all the rule changes they included
For this year
Don't confuse them flea, with logic and simplicity

As much as I have criticisms of Chol's game, I woul love to see a Nankervis/Chol partnership.
Odds on this combo.
50/50 ruck contests.
It's not as if our crap centre clearences is something we don't know about.Happens every game.
"extra mids" around the ground what Dimma likes.

Bolton had 22 touches at 86% today. He also set up the first goal of the game to Prestia. He has been awesome the past 3 games for us I reckon.
Stack & Bolton this years version of(17) Townsend & Jack.Jack Graham that is.

I like baker.Has that cleanness about him.But he's no backman.
If I had to drop someone after that game. It would be short. Not a great defender and not providing much else. Sheds got caught once or twice. But he’s taking the game on. Baker was fine. Let’s have a look at the VFL and see who puts their hand up. I hope we don’t rush Nank back either. Giants beat the Pies and lost in the ruck

Port end was fine except for that one dope yelling Go Power! Every three minutes that someone else mentioned here.

Had one Richmond supporting kid behind me yelling back Boo Power! To the bloke every time he yelled it, was hilarious.

Kid was also very much into saying sucks every time the port cheer squad tried to get a Power chant going! :D

Never been more entertained in my life.
Kids are awesome. They can get away with it.

I would prefer to get a full game into Nank, because as a ruck using your legs is paramount. Get him a full game to get his touch, plus I want to see how Soldo and Chol goes against Grundy.
Agree Flea.
Ivan & Chol vs Grundy & Cox for future reference on who should partner Nank against the pies in finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back