Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

nadsee

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2010
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have been a member of the club for 40 plus years. This is not the worst it can get. Look at Carlton, an established club, who in recent years have been badly mismanaged.
Question needed to be asked. Are you a barracker or a supporter. I understand we want/demand constant success, but that is tough to achieve. Vent on this forum to get it off your chest! Not supporting the club will not help, to me it just makes us look like crows barrackers.

I do hope they keep on the youth recruiting & players with speed & some hard nosed win at all cost.

Recruiting Cameron Sutclifffe was an error in judgment. Recruiting for the sake of it.

I am not a Hinkley fan long term. But I am even less of a fan of the other coaches. We have no structure behind or in front of the ball, that is on the line coaches.
Alan Richardson back at the club in either player development or coaching panel, is a priority. Hopefully he could instill some on field leadership.

So anyway: I will be renewing.........

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I give up my membership I don't think I'll ever be back. Modern footy just plain sucks, and whatever the fu** this perfect pear Jarrod Walsh crow hugging love everyone and everything co-captain sports team is now - is not what got me onto football in the first place.

I have no draw card for this s**t anymore now or the future. It's not going to get better. I think I've grown out of it.
Likewise for me. Plus, I don’t enjoy sitting around the same mediocrity applauding people every week. I’m a loud supporter. I clap when there is clapping to be had, but if I see something I don’t like - even if it comes from Trav or Robbie - I call it out. Being hassled about my type of barracking is something I never endured before Adelaide Oval. I end up telling my kids/dad to shut me up halfway through the first quarter to make sure I don’t give those around me a piece of my mind, along with Charlie, Steven, Riley and anyone else I’m sick of watching in a Port jumper.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes.

There's also the interstate membership which I have, but I'm guessing that's only available if you actually live interstate. Gets counted in membership numbers as you get an away ticket and two GA home games.
So I could go for a 3 gamer with membership but lose our seats on the eastern wing and just get GA seats.

Well Holly Ransom has already posted on here tonight that Hinkley is doing a great job and will be the coach next year, so those that sign up, strap yourselves in for another year of this tripe.
In what universe is Ken doing a good job? We haven't won a final for nearly 2000 days, and at the rate we're going, it'll be at least another 2000 before we next taste success when it matters most. We clearly no longer exist to win premierships - heck, I'm not even sure if we exist to play in September!!!!!

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So I could go for a 3 gamer with membership but lose our seats on the eastern wing and just get GA seats.
Yeah even with GA, you can upgrade on a per game basis to reserved and just pay the upgrade component. That way you can still get a good seat to the games you want. Not like we're heading for a sellout anytime soon. That's all done online and easy.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If ever there were an apt description, it’s this:
B2E93474-A5C7-449F-A274-E7ED470DE840.jpeg

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
If I give up my membership I don't think I'll ever be back. Modern footy just plain sucks, and whatever the fu** this perfect pear Jarrod Walsh crow hugging love everyone and everything co-captain sports team is now - is not what got me onto football in the first place.

I have no draw card for this s**t anymore now or the future. It's not going to get better. I think I've grown out of it.
I think I sit right being you at AO, and you've summed up my thoughts exactly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2014
parallel universe
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll renew my 11 game membership and my daughter's membership.
But as a small protest, when they ring to ask me to buy tickets for the 'Future Fund Lottery' (2 x $60) I'll tell them that I won't be buying any until Ken has gone.

Last edited:
Bandwagon Supporter: Defined as sports fan/supporter who have shown no past loyalty to a team, and who only support them when they are doing well.

Except everyone in this thread saying they’re wavering has collectively provided the club with a small fortune, through thick and thin.

We’re currently run by narcissistic arseholes who are quite content for us to pay their mortgages, top up their super and pad out their CV’s while they try to convince us we’re the problem as per their Italy-based mouthpiece correspondent.

As usual it’ll be we the supporters who cop it the most and are left carrying the can — “hurr tarps”, “hurr 119”, “hurr looks like we tore’em apart” — long after these traitors and their nest eggs are gone.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll renew, at the moment I don't want to, I'd rather throw the $800 elsewhere but I'll renew more out of the fact if we fall in a hole again ala 2011/12 the club may never come out of it. Also I'll renew out of the hope I'll out last the bumbling idiots as coach and chairman.

Bandwagon Supporter: Defined as sports fan/supporter who have shown no past loyalty to a team, and who only support them when they are doing well.

So that'd rule out all of the posters here who stuck around through the Primus years then, i.e. the vast majority of us. Thanks for posting to clear that up mate :)

ab56452001

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2009
salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I lived in Adelaide and had good seats I would buy a membership and see out the Hinkley era.

I however live in Melbourne, where there are no benefits to being a Member. I still go to all the games that are played here but the Club won’t benefit from my money or be able to add me to its numbers until there is a change.

Being a Member isn’t what it used to be anyway. I remember a time the Club listened to its Members. Sure there are Member Functions but they are by name alone to make it look like they are listening.
Knowing that around 90% of respondants to the Captaincy issue said NO,and then the Club saying FU to us ,on Stinkleys insistence proved what they really thought of us . No ,I didn't leave the Club ,the Club left me . In hindsight any semblance of the Port Maggies of old left us when the local Maggies,Zones and Juniors were canned.

Nov 7, 2002
Davoren Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth FC
I am not likely to renew next year for the first time in 19 years for financial reasons. My missus is pregnant with twins and I just cannot justify the expense.
Still my passion for going has dissipated over the past couple of years. The only hesitation I have is the fact that I like most of the people around me and the view is excellent. If there were a way to put a hold on my seat for a couple of years I would but there is not.
If that makes me a bandwagoner so be it.

ab56452001

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2009
salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll renew, at the moment I don't want to, I'd rather throw the $800 elsewhere but I'll renew more out of the fact if we fall in a hole again ala 2011/12 the club may never come out of it. Also I'll renew out of the hope I'll out last the bumbling idiots as coach and chairman.
I thought about that , because a fair few of those not renewing are/were long time supporters ( Such as myself ) and have really thought about it . These people are normally the backbone of a Club , wait till real bad times return and see how the Club manages to survive ,the band wagoners and Theatre goers will long be gone , wont be no resurrection like last time . this is what KKK will probably be remembered for , not Premierships.

Back