Game Day West Coast Angels versus Gil's Demons - Premiers vs we-made-a-preliminariares - Battle of Wolf Creek 3am Monday morning

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
fu** off.

What in my post is wrong?

Don't want Hutchings or hurn back?
Can you see us challenging the premiership with Watson, waterman and Cole in the side?

Maybe put up some intelligent conversation instead being a ******* greeny to solve your problems
I seem to remember you going on these epic rants last year and yet we won the flag, you are hard to please to put it mildly.

fu** off.

What in my post is wrong?

Don't want Hutchings or hurn back?
Can you see us challenging the premiership with Watson, waterman and Cole in the side?

Maybe put up some intelligent conversation instead being a ******* greeny to solve your problems
Perhaps a cup of green tea to relax?

Nah you’re a hard man, you’d be a Nescafé kind of guy for sure.

I seem to remember you going on these epic rants last year and yet we won the flag, you are hard to please to put it mildly.

Shhh

Stop being a greeny

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah pity we don't have a great ruck to service our mids.
Pity we don’t have Patrick Cripps
Pity we don’t have Issac Smith
Pity we don’t have Coniglio
Pity pity pity
But what do you know we are second on the ladder and once again we will play finals
Maybe the Saints are saying “Pity we have only won one premiership in 139 years”

I don't want to sound like a pessimist by all means, but the man does have some validity and I've often caught myself thinking the same thing.
This team looks tired, or as if they are just in cruise control - we have a lot of youth in the side admittedly and a few seniors out.

I think Hutchings is underrated by many on here with the quality of his shutdown work. He would of been the difference last week and we would be sitting equal first. Hurn is also a massive out, missing what will most likely be the all Australian captain is no small thing.

But going back, it was a tough game to watch and if we bring that tenacity and quality of football to finals it won't end too well.
Because you haven’t blown your top and throw the baby out with the bath water, I’ll look at from another POV. :)

We were challenged all day and the lads were down through the middle part of the game no doubt. Mids non-existent, backs in disarray.

However one could argue, in finals type intensity, the lads responded. And once again, got the victory. Besides the loss v a highly motivated Collingwood last week, when have we dropped a close game in the past 2-3 seasons?

Simpson moved Nelson onto Oliver (2nd hand info) and we shut their best mid out when it counted.

We’re missing Hutchings absolutely, but he’s due back soon. Hurn should be back. NN is a wildcard, let’s see what happens there.

We’re not “cooked” and we’re not out of it by any stretch.

Bring on Norf next week. 👍🏽

And the cricket thread here was pretty active and on the cricket board is extremely active. Fair bit of chest beating in other threads on this board too when things go well, but when they don't? Silence.
Have I missed something here? What is the point being made?

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Positives, Hickey - the man dosnt know his limitations
Yoe in the last
JD
Nelson can tag
Watson
Shep
Jetta in the last
Reoli with some class
Ryan - but he tried too hard to steal the show

We won - I dont like tankers

Gaffy Duck

All Australian
May 12, 2019
Fight Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Very proud of the boys for bringing the 4 points home. I will forget the second quarter like they seemed to.

I said it earlier, I don’t care if we win by 1 point or 100. Melbourne threw everything at us, it was never gonna be a cakewalk, they want our blood.

We got on top when it mattered. Dicky regional grounds are our kryptonite so I’m happy :)

Take the positives when you can!

AFL already positioning to suspend Barrass for the fat sniper Vineys actions.

'Midfield bull Jack Viney was ruled out at the main break with concussion in an incident that could see Tom Barrass in trouble with Match Review Officer Michael Christian. '

Point is the vitriol and abuse towards our team in these threads is disgusting and i'm just wondering why there isnt any towards the cricket team which is pretty popular here.
Ahh gotcha

Footy.

It’s the passion that makes us who we are doesn’t it?

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Because you haven’t blown your top and throw the baby out with the bath water, I’ll look at from another POV. :)

We were challenged all day and the lads were down through the middle part of the game no doubt. Mids non-existent, backs in disarray.

However one could argue, in finals type intensity, the lads responded. And once again, got the victory. Besides the loss v a highly motivated Collingwood last week, when have we dropped a close game in the past 2-3 seasons?

Simpson moved Nelson onto Oliver (2nd hand info) and we shut their best mid out when it counted.

We’re missing Hutchings absolutely, but he’s due back soon. Hurn should be back. NN is a wildcard, let’s see what happens there.

We’re not “cooked” and we’re not out of it by any stretch.

Bring on Norf next week. 👍🏽
Well said.

Look at the current top 4. Which of them is flying at the moment? Only Brisbane, sort of. Is anyone afraid of them come September?

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Point is the vitriol and abuse towards our team in these threads is disgusting and i'm just wondering why there isnt any towards the cricket team which is pretty popular here.
The cricket team is so unpopular with me that I don't even post in that thread. If this was a cricket message board and the aussies were my team I'd be posting a lot of negativity too, because after being a hard core fan for my whole life they turned into a bunch of arrogant (not in the good, Eagles way) w***ers & cheats in the years after Gilly retired, and I barely give a stuff about them anymore.

So that's one reason I guess :tongueclosed:

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL already positioning to suspend Barrass for the fat sniper Vineys actions.

'Midfield bull Jack Viney was ruled out at the main break with concussion in an incident that could see Tom Barrass in trouble with Match Review Officer Michael Christian. '

Christian will go with whatever vicmedia recommends = Barrass gone for a week.

I dont know if the MRO can go with the old line " he chose to bump " when viney initiated the bump . Barrass has a right to brace for a late act of sniping .

Viney should be suspended for knocking himself out.

Back