Prediction Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I posted this after yesterday's game and have not changed my mind since then.

OUT:
Motlop - not up to it, was hot and cold at Geelong and has been mainly cold with us.
Powell-Pepper- was not with it today and needs to go back to the SANFL. Maybe he reads the paper too much and his mind is set on next year?
Sutcliffe- I still cannot figure why we drafted this guy let alone gave him two AFL games.
Rozee- an outstanding talent but he needs a wake up call, if Duursma can be dropped so can Connor.

IN:

Will wait to see who performs well against the Bays before deciding who I think should come in but we have to do something about our forward line. We do not have a consistent goal scorer. That may be down to Ken's dysfunctional game plan or the individual players or more likely, both. If Frampton was available I would have Dixon out at a million klicks but Billy isn't so Dixon gets one more week.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
My thoughts (probs not KH's though):

3 OUT / 3 IN.

Out:
Motlop - how many week efforts and poor games can you gift this guy?
Jonas - not a skipper's bootlace, form absurdly poor all season.
SPP - love his attitude, but playing an odd role he is not suited to, and confidence is way down. Spell in the two's for a couple of weeks won't hurt.

In:
Ladhams - Slyce still our best big man; plays like an extra midfielder at clearances, but needs a few more breaks during the matches. Can rest up forward to help Charlie out and take Howard's spot.
Farrell - play him on the wing/outside midfield to get him in the play more.
Atley - see how he travels fore a few weeks.

Positional/role changes:
Howard - to take Jonas' place against Cameron. Clurey to take Finlayson.
Hoff - played ok yesterday. Likes the freedom rather than playing as a Kernball style KPF. Sweeper/wingman/tall midfielder role for him.
Bonner - to rotate through the midfield. A lot want his head, but did some good (and dumb) things yesterday. Just don't think he is two-way accountable, so get him out of defence, and give the midfield some run and penetrating kicking.
Dixon - love him to death, but he is down on confidence and not contributing enough (not over the injury 100% just yet), so I would play Billy. But he's out, so Lucky Chuck gets another week. Takes all the ruck contests inside the 50m arc.

My thoughts (probs not KH's though):

3 OUT / 3 IN.

Out:
Motlop - how many week efforts and poor games can you gift this guy?
Jonas - not a skipper's bootlace, form absurdly poor all season.
SPP - love his attitude, but playing an odd role he is not suited to, and confidence is way down. Spell in the two's for a couple of weeks won't hurt.
You left Sutcliffe in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Is Atley's career going the way of Ben Newtons?

Newton was a pick 35. Played 4 games in 4 years.

Atley is a pick 32. Has played 4 games in 3 years.

Atley's big problem is his disposal. You see him more than I do so maybe I have just caught him on off days but he is not a long or accurate kick. Atley also has also been overtaken by the likes of Rozee, Duursma, Drew for a spot in any future mid field.

porttoport

All Australian
Feb 27, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Atley's big problem is his disposal. You see him more than I do so maybe I have just caught him on off days but he is not a long or accurate kick. Atley also has also been overtaken by the likes of Rozee, Duursma, Drew for a spot in any future mid field.

Putrid performance by Maggies today isn't going to see my chance next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
As long as Cam Sutcliffe plays I'm happy. This is an absolute must lose game.

Your negative comments are starting to wear thin pal, if you want to see Port lose a game you can take a hike. Go support another club, any club we do not want or need you. Go and buy a GWS scarf and do the job properly. Your post isn't funny and is an absolute disgrace and if you cannot see why you should really be elsewhere. In fact I cannot see how wishing Port to loose a game shows our Club any respect at all.

Like you many of us want to see the back of Ken Hinkley but we should not be willing our Club to loose to achieve it.

GO PORT!

Last edited:

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Your negative comments are starting to wear thin pal, if you want to see Port lose a game you can take a hike. Go support another club, any club we do not want or need you. Go and buy a GWS scarf and do the job properly. Your post isn't funny and is an absolute disgrace and if you cannot see why you should really be elsewhere. In fact I cannot see how wishing Port to loose a game shows our Club any respect at all.

Like you many of us want to see the back of Ken Hinkley but we should not be willing our Club to loose to achieve it.

GO PORT!

*lose

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I posted this after yesterday's game and have not changed my mind since then.

OUT:
Motlop - not up to it, was hot and cold at Geelong and has been mainly cold with us.
Powell-Pepper- was not with it today and needs to go back to the SANFL. Maybe he reads the paper too much and his mind is set on next year?
Sutcliffe- I still cannot figure why we drafted this guy let alone gave him two AFL games.
Rozee- an outstanding talent but he needs a wake up call, if Duursma can be dropped so can Connor.

IN:

Will wait to see who performs well against the Bays before deciding who I think should come in but we have to do something about our forward line. We do not have a consistent goal scorer. That may be down to Ken's dysfunctional game plan or the individual players or more likely, both. If Frampton was available I would have Dixon out at a million klicks but Billy isn't so Dixon gets one more week.

Looks like I have my answer.

OUT: Sutcliffe
Motlop

IN: Garner
Fredericks

OK, Fredericks is from left field but Motlop is doing little so Martin cannot go any worse. As I posted elsewhere this kid has a touch of the X factor about him and he can run and backs his judgement which makes him hard for the opposition to man up on. If we are looking for a Betts, Walters, Cameron type of small forward this guy could be the goods.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

This,

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This,

Lol I'd probably double their membership tally.

Corby_says

Senior List
Oct 15, 2008
McLaren Vale, S.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Power Reserves in SANFL
Just ask the players to volunteer for a chance to stay, then * off the out of form passengers every week until there are non left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back