Autopsy Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
It was great to have a win - but still frustrated as f...! IMO we are a much better side they we even played today, we just need to strip things back and start doing the basics well again.

Midfield coach: Tell our midfielders attack the drop of the ball at pace, clear momentum and take bodies with them if they dont win it. We are so reactive in their it's a wonder we win any clearances.

Also direct our mids to stop f.....n shitting themselves and handballing a meter to a mate under pressure. Win the ball and take the k... off, run use your legs to create space FFS.

Team Coach: Tell every f.....n player if he sees them kicking off 1 step and no forward momentum they wont play senior football again this year.

Yes we won which is a great building block but dont be happy with that. 43 points up at half time we should be turning those games into 80 point wins. Go for the throat!

Defence Coach: Tell our smalls in defence to keep their feet and man up unless there is no other option. Too many times we all flew for a spoil and left dogs free.

Brown played a decent game but he and Carlisle should be dominating ariel contests. If he is to continue playing he has to start backing himself to take intercept marks. He had the chance numerous times and took the soft option to spoil.

Forward Coach: If when facing away from goals only handball to a team mate if they are in motion running at goals. Otherwise have a f....n shot. Membrey should have kicked 8 if we werent so worried about straightening up. The No U turns rule went out the door with Richo.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Don’t want to make too many changes after such a good display, but I’d have Steven and White in for Newnes and Paton. White was prolific in the VFL today with 31 touches, Paton is just unfortunate to miss.
I like the way Paton plays. Saw both live today. I’d stay with Paton

Savage Kent

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very good win. 100+ points scored. Bit nervous towards the end but held our nerve. Structurally looked much better. Good to finally have numbers forward of the ball.

Marshall heading towards elite status. Absolute gun.

Clark, Billings, Lonie, Membrey, Carlisle, Gresham and Brown positives for me.

Newnes in trouble. Steven for Newnes next week.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Loved the way we kept a fwd all day. It was amazing to see what happens when we keep some fwd structure.

Marshaĺl OMG!!

Clark keeps getting better, looking a great pick

Billings great again, Gresh creative too

Coff starting to settle and will be better by the weeks

Landlands showed some great signs on debut

So many great contributors

Finally - MY ******* BOY! I LOVE YOU, YOU LITTLE PEST!!!

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Loved the way we kept a fwd all day. It was amazing to see what happens when we keep some fwd structure.

Marshaĺl OMG!!

He is one of mine as well. You aren’t claiming him on your own

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
I like the way Paton plays. Saw both live today. I’d stay with Paton

I like the way he plays too, very composed. I just want White to have another shot at it before the season ends and I see no other replacement candidate.

In saying that though, Paton was named in our best so I highly doubt he’ll get dropped.

How good was that. Eat it umps.

Geez we have missed Lonie, how bloody good was he!
Lots standing up when they needed to. A bit messy in the second half under pressure when the skill errors starting appearing but damn that was a good 4-quarter performance.

Well done Saints

D2D3

Club Legend
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

Marshaĺl OMG!!

Clark is flying at the moment. Had a really good first half especially

marcus1232

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2009
knoxfield
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great all round team performance.

Clark - all though he faded down the stretch was instrumental when the game was there to be won. Will be a deadset champion am calling it

Marshall - easily the most improved player in the afl was huge all game

Carlisle - I just love the mongrel in him and is a great pillar sure hands doesn’t mess around with his disposal so happy he is back to his best

Lonie - can’t be a real saints side without a serial pest

All of this counts for nothing if we don’t back it up

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
We scored over 100 points!!!

Amazing how much better we looked when Ratten took the Richo handbrake off.

Was noticeable how we took the forward option rather than go sideways or backwards like we did under Richo which gave our forwards a chance.

Lonie was great but some of our other playmakers looked better too, Billings, Acres and Gresham had a license to attack and express themselves.

Our defence looked better too and more aggressive, Carlisle, Wilkie and Brown bullied the Bulldogs forwards.

They were so effective that Ratts sent Brown forward to terrorize the Dogs backline in the last quarter.

Richo would never have done that, Richo would have put Brown on the bench or dropped him.

I know it's only one game but we need to sign up Ratten, we won't get a better coach.

Brown immense today. Been our most consistent performer for 3 seasons, week in and out, solid performances.

We made a mistake by letting Roo, Joey leave so easily, yeah I know they in the wrong end of the age, but couldve played minimum 12 games whilst providing invaluable experience and leadership for our younger blokes.

Hopefully we keep Browny for next season.

Back