Autopsy Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you ate a hot dog at the footy

Won’t touch the food at the footy....is that unAustralian?
(Oh, I’ve had a hot jam donut once.)

Not as hard as having to watch the crap his sides have served up over the past 6 years.

The great thing is this team is still so young, so there’s now plenty of time to really build. It’s not like the best years of this core were wasted.

I’ve been one of Newnes biggest critics over the past 2 season but I thought his defensive game on JJ was telling.

JJ torched us for 44 touches last season, the game that it finally dawned on me that Cho wasn’t the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the problem has been there for a while about just not having the ability to respond to in game situations.

Ratten has obviously got a fair bit of ability whilst he got chased out of Carlton his performance as a coach there was excellent.

I think the big change today was placing a value on the footy and lowering the eyes when entering forward line.

Clark has been building to these performances for a few week he’s our most exciting midfielder in a long time and credit to dunstan.

He’s got himself fit and his ability to cover the ground now and get away from a contest is paramount.

Also whoever has dropped brown during the year deserves a massive spray especially with geary missing he was the defensive leader - I think you will find our blowout losses he hasn’t played.

Clark is flying at the moment. Had a really good first half especially

I had a few 'WOW" moments with Clark today.

He did a couple of howlers but the rest of his game was a bit of an eye opener.

He's been travelling very well over the last 3 weeks.

How was the goal he kicked in the second 1/4....city side of the ground.....jumped to my feet...haven't done that for quite a while....I'm usually slumped in the seat wishing I was home pulling out weeds.

And speaking of WOW.....Marshall again.....what a delight to watch him in motion.

Just to our right....in very heavy traffic....grabbed the ball from the ruck contest.....put out a lightening handball to the Saints player who took off.

I nearly dropped my pen.

Clark got the 3 votes on ABC Grandstand radio..........outstanding was one of the words used.

So damn good and bloody enjoyable
This.
Brereton said something interesting. That teams that change coaches tweak the gameplan enough for other teams to be a bit off balance and it takes for or five weeks to catch up.

There is some merit to that, but to kick our highest score this year by 5 goals and the freedom we played with would say that while the players loved Richo a new voice and some positional changes with a more attacking gameplan would suggest a bit more than a tweak and some clearer minds.

Kudos to Snake, he played a pretty good game.

He's not a full back, he's a 200cm roberton.

Having said that- I'd be willing to trade him if it brought in an A grade mid.

We have other guys that can step in and play that attacking defender role reasonably well. (Sure... not as well as jake can, but well enough).

He's a very good player, but for our purposes- expendable when we have such a big hole in our midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back