Crows 2019 injury and fitness thread with regular updates.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it just me or are we seeing a significant change in terminology being used to describe injuries I've the past couple of years? Are they just getting real specific other than 'strain' or are they trying to keep the masses confused? Are other clubs doing this?

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Is it just me or are we seeing a significant change in terminology being used to describe injuries I've the past couple of years? Are they just getting real specific other than 'strain' or are they trying to keep the masses confused? Are other clubs doing this?
I don’t think there is conspiracy
Saunders updates are quite specific and I google what he talks about to understand at times
I am not medically trained but I appreciate the specifics for once rather than The awareness BS we had to endure
I also like our cautious approach with injuries

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don’t think there is conspiracy
Saunders updates are quite specific and I google what he talks about to understand at times
I am not medically trained but I appreciate the specifics for once rather than The awareness BS we had to endure
I also like our cautious approach with injuries
Yeah I'm not exactly thinking conspiracy but I just think it's odd that they've changed their language so much so quickly

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Last year it felt like we were trying to come up with every possible tendon or muscle to avoid saying "hamstring"

This year it sounds like a competent knowledgeable person reporting facts. Quite a sea change.

Last year it felt like we were trying to come up with every possible tendon or muscle to avoid saying "hamstring"

This year it sounds like a competent knowledgeable person reporting facts. Quite a sea change.
Arguably Saunders has been our recruit of the year.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Arguably Saunders has been our recruit of the year.
Agreed, although he has had some things go his way. Seedsman and now Jenkins dodging season ending injuries were beyond his control and our injury list and outlook could look a whole lot worse if these guys suffered what at first looked like the worst case scenarios. I think all round the club has learnt and is doing things a whole lot better than last years nightmare which was a shipwreck from beginning to end.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I'm not exactly thinking conspiracy but I just think it's odd that they've changed their language so much so quickly
I think it’s part them taking on board some fan feedbacks, and part just due to different personnel in charge.

But really, who really cares what they call it as long as players are returning to playing in good reasonable form.

For instance: hammy, hamstring strain, hamstring pull, strain, awareness, pinched nerve, tweaked hammy, sensitive muscle connected to the gluteus, bum strain, sciatica around the back of the thigh...does it really matter? :)

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So what I don’t get is Hass is still there in the same role. Last year he was universally blamed for hamstring gate. So who did Saunders replace or was it an additional role?is Hass still involved with the fitness side?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So what I don’t get is Hass is still there in the same role. Last year he was universally blamed for hamstring gate. So who did Saunders replace or was it an additional role?is Hass still involved with the fitness side?
I dare say Hass is now following Saunders instructions and not Burtons, plus they didn’t know how to use Kangatech.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows

Injury list as of Tuesday, July 16
McHenry (Back) - Test
Wilson (Concussion) - Test
Lynch (Calf) - 1 week
McAdam (Hamstring) - 1 week
Ellis-Yolmen (Shin) 1-2 weeks
Poholke (Calf) - 2 weeks
Doedee (ACL) - Season

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

McHenry (Back) - Test
Lynch (Calf) - 1 week
Poholke (Calf) - 2 weeks
Doedee (ACL) - Season
Hahahaha...haaahhaaahhhaaah. Funniest thing I have seen all week. I said it weeks ago that calf injuries are horrible having had multiple ones myself in my younger days - and then when I heard it was tendon related it will be a miracle if he is back before the end of the season imo

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan

McHenry (Back) - Test
Lynch (Calf) - 1 week
Poholke (Calf) - 2 weeks
Doedee (ACL) - Season
Matt Hass does not inspire confidence. Lynch and CEY another week. Someone is telling pork pies with how serious the injuries are.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Matt Hass does not inspire confidence. Lynch and CEY another week. Someone is telling pork pies with how serious the injuries are.
You forget Fitness Guru Steve Saunders is now overseeing our fitness Department, it's not all down to Hass.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
The problem is injuries can be complex and you can give a timeline on when you think they'll be back, but that is never a guarantee they'll be back or won't have setbacks along the way. They've been pretty open with the setbacks that Lynch has been having.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We've been a lot more open and honest with regards to injuries this season and have had a much shorter injury list which is nice

However... what is up with Cam Ellis-Yolmen? This Saturday will make it a month a half since he played a game.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Who makes a call on if a player is match fit? Whoever that is has done a poor job this season, we have played a number of guys that while they might be over their injury haven't been able to keep up with the pace of the game.

Back