Aussie killed in Canada with gf *murder*

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The bodies of Sydney man Lucas Fowler, 23, and North Carolina woman Chynna Deese, 24, were found on Monday in the far north of Canada's British Columbia region.

Authorities believe they were murdered, suffering gunshot wounds, after their van broke down on the Alaska Highway, 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs.

The RCMP released photos of Mr Fowler, Ms Deese and their Chevrolet on Friday and issued a request for witnesses who were on the freeway between 4pm Sunday, July 14, and 8am Monday, July 15, to come forward.

Source»

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
She hopes the media attention her daughter’s story is getting will lead to people coming forward who may have seen Chynna or Fowler shortly before they died.

Source»

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The area where the couple’s bodies were found is remote and doesn’t have cell reception. The largest community in the area is Fort Nelson, about four hours south of Liard Hot Springs along Highway 97 through dense woods punctuated by lakes, parks and tiny settlements. Most businesses close before dark.

Because the homicide happened along Highway 97, Australian media speculated the deaths could be attributed to a serial killer and the Highway of Tears investigation. RCMP reiterated they have no evidence to indicate the homicide is linked to any other investigation.

A person who answered the phone at the Liard Hot Springs Lodge did not want to comment. A person at the Northern Rockies Lodge in Muncho, about an hour from the homicide scene, said she had no information about the couple.

RCMP are asking anyone who saw Fowler and Deese, or the blue van, or anyone with dashcam footage, to contact the Northern Rockies RCMP detachment at 250-774-2700. Police appealed in particular to people who may have driven the Alaska Highway last weekend and continued on to Alaska, Yukon or Alberta and may not have been aware of the homicide.

Source»

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The bodies were found Monday on Highway 97 about 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs. A blue 1986 Chevrolet van with Alberta licence plates was located at the scene, RCMP said.

Carrie Hawryluk of Fort Nelson, B.C., says she saw a young couple matching the description of Fowler and Deese by the side of the Alaska Highway on Sunday afternoon.

“We just saw their van on the side of the road and we saw a young couple, and the van hood was up like it had broken down and they were sitting in some lawn chairs in the ditch,” she said.

She said her husband, who had driven by about 20 minutes earlier, saw the pair and slowed down to approach, but “the couple didn’t really indicate that they were having problems.”

Hawryluk, who was travelling with her two aunts and a female cousin, said she hesitated to stop due to safety concerns but notified RCMP.

Hawryluk notes the area is popular with travellers from around the world.

Source»

Canada was in denial for some time there was a serial killer operating in Toronto's gay village, so we'll see I guess.

Circus opened up a thread on this topic PD, he got in first so I'll move these posts over. Thanks.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Here we go, yep it's damage control derp. Every area has a seedy underside you just have to lift the carpet up a bit.

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) reporter Roshini Nair said the incident had shocked the local community.

"This stretch of the highway ... is a very popular tourist destination and a homicide like this is very unprecedented," she said.

"Northern British Columbians are super friendly and super excited to see all these people who come from all over the world and so to see this ... incident happen, it's very shocking and upsetting.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Seems that articles been removed and another put in its place so maybe Ch9 getting ahead of themselves.

I've just been looking at unsolved murder in British Colombia, they have the lowest clearance rate in the country. Lot of finger pointing at Israel Keyes for the older ones but he's not around for these.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Possible offender's vehicle identified through dash can footage.
Don't hold your breath, the article is from the Daily Mail in UK and is hyped up to the max, and is full of rumours and nothing of substance. It even quotes the wrong highway as being the highway of tears. If the rumours are based on snippets of truth though, it appears that at least some RMCP officers are postulating that this crime maybe linked to the one further north.

Last edited:
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police were giving a very serious press conference into the murder of an American woman and an Australian man who were shot on the side of a highway while touring British Columbia. With the cats ears filter on.

LF.png

Investigators are claiming at this stage the car found on fire close to where a still unidentified male's body was found is not connected to Fowler and Deese's murders but maybe they just haven't found the link yet. They're not saying how this person died.

The two guys who were in the torched Dodge pickup with sleeper camper are 19 year old Kam McLeod and 18 year old Bryer Schmegelsky, they've gone missing. (On the run maybe in unidentified dead man's car? Could be spree killers)

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Investigators are claiming at this stage the car found on fire close to where a still unidentified male's body was found is not connected to Fowler and Deese's murders but maybe they just haven't found the link yet. They're not saying how this person died.

The two guys who were in the torched Dodge pickup with sleeper camper are 19 year old Kam McLeod and 18 year old Bryer Schmegelsky, they've gone missing. (On the run maybe in unidentified dead man's car? Could be spree killers)

Interesting. I wonder if the bodies of the 2 lads will be found near another burnt out vehicle?

Maybe a perpetrator was caught stealing petrol from Fowler's van and got sprung, so he shot them, or he shot them and couldn't get it going (in the intention of swapping vehicles). Later on finding the 2 lads and stole their camper. Then doing the same when the camper had served it's purpose. Stealing the car of the 3rd bloke (found dead near the burnt out camper). If so, there might be more. Maybe RCMP should start with petrol thefts? He might've only escalated to murder after having to kill Fowler and Deese.

Interesting. I wonder if the bodies of the 2 lads will be found near another burnt out vehicle?

Fowler and Deese were killed first, we didn't hear about it straight away due identification issues. The other unidentified guy died later, they're not saying how he died but my guess might be by the same gun that killed Fowler and Deese.

IF the murders are connected, what may have happened is that after Fowler and Deese were killed, Bryer and Schmegeslky have needed another vehicle so they killed and took it off the unidentified dead man and torched their own van.

The mounties implied the crimes aren't similar but they might be, there are identification problems holding up the investigation with all three victims when it should have been easy. I suspect extreme disfigurement.

ABC has picked it up.

Today the RCMP revealed two teenagers are missing in the same remote part of the country.

The teenagers, 19-year-old Kam McLeod and 18-year-old Bryer Schmegelsky, were the drivers of a Dodge pick-up truck found on fire in the British Columbia province, at an area known as Dease Lake.

A body, which has not yet been identified by police, was found on Friday near the Dodge.

The Dodge is 470km from where Mr Fowler and Ms Deese were found dead, however the area is so remote that some Canadian media have suggested the cases may all be connected.

The RCMP have so far refused to connect the cases, but today acknowledged the "growing community concerns"

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Fowler and Deese were killed first, we didn't hear about it straight away due identification issues. The other unidentified guy died later, they're not saying how he died but my guess might be by the same gun that killed Fowler and Deese.

IF the murders are connected, what may have happened is that after Fowler and Deese were killed, Bryer and Schmegeslky have needed another vehicle so they killed and took it off the unidentified dead man and torched their own van.

The mounties implied the crimes aren't similar but they might be, there are identification problems holding up the investigation with all three victims when it should have been easy. I suspect extreme disfigurement.
I think Fowler and Deese 1St, then Bryer and Schmegeslky 2nd, where offender swapped vehicles stealing their pick up, then swapping vehicles with the 3rd victim.
I think they'll find Bryer and Schmegeslky dead at the location where the perpetrator stole their vehicle (which could be anywhere), and he'll now be in the 3rd victim's vehicle. If he hasn't bushwhacked another victim and stole their car already.

Back