2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 14 @ Alberton

Sounded dead on the stream too. So many bad umpiring calls, and barely a peep. Not sure if that was just from where the effects mic was?

There was a couple of annoyed people but for the most part the crowd didn’t give a s**t. We need these guys to give us something to cheer about.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
People fall apart because they don’t believe in their skills.

Trying to fix that with anything other than practicing skills is hogwash.
I’m talking about only being able to play when the pressure is off, not patchy skills.

Don’t get me wrong, there is no substitute for skilful footballers. It you can have the best skills in the comp but there no good to you if you’re soft and mentally weak and only play well when there is no pressure and you’re allowed to.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
There was a couple of annoyed people but for the most part the crowd didn’t give a s**t. We need these guys to give us something to cheer about.
Lokan and Cornes walk past me at 1/2 time "have a look at the scoreboard", neither even looked sideways at me.
Annoyed! I was f**king livid. Embarrassing to be humiliated by a vastly superior team in both tactics and execution.

Side note. In the women's game a player suffered back/spinal injury that resulted in the game being called off.
The ambulance drove onto the ground to treat her but when it drove off the ground it jerked/jolted in going over the gutter.
Ramps please Port just in case it happens again heaven forbid. My thoughts to her and family/friends.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
Lokan and Cornes walk past me at 1/2 time "have a look at the scoreboard", neither even looked sideways at me.
I wouldn't expect any coach to look in that situation. One of the biggest guidelines to almost everyone involved in the AFL industry is to not get involved with members and fans in the media. I wouldn't worry too much about it, they definitely heard it.

Marat

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2017
Marrickville
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not too many positives out of the day but these are what I can find; Woodcock with two nice sausage rolls in the last, he knows where the goals are and is a penetrating kick:Hayes kicked a couple and was better in the ruck, did some nice things around the ground; Ladhams also okay around the ground and a couple of good goals; Garner very good in the first half - a big mark and hard at it - should be playing firsts; Frederick with some nice run and carry( McKenzie with a heap of the ball but burnt it a little. That’s it - I’m done

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Sorry for the intrusion but the wife had a function in the Port today so I popped along for a look. The Bays are a well drilled side but Port looked really flat in the flat half and were content to chip it around with no real intent. Something just doesn’t seem right and you could sense it amongst the crowd. With some AFL slots up for grabs I thought there might be a few guys trying their best to be selected but overall there wasn’t too many that did their cause any good. Drew was your shining light IMO, had a real crack all game and never gave up. If Ken is rewarding guys then he has to play AFL this week

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
How good Frampton is? Without him, our offense has completely vanished! It cannot be coincidence.

Seven goals down at 3QT, after a goal-less HALF. Give Billy an extension NOW!

P.S.: Good morning, folks. The good news is that we are better than today's score. We can rebound from it. There is no hope for the Power, but the Maggies can do it.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surely amongst all the coaches we have, one of them would be genius enough to work out why our slow starts.
Obviously oppo teams have worked us out. Time we need to do something different at the beginning of games.

We had slow start issues under Chad for his first half season of coaching. We were short kicking out of defence until about 40m out from goal and then trying to run the ball with handball. We'd then come out in the second quarter and kick over the lines from defence to the wing area and then handball receive and kick. About mid-way of the season we changed and did what we were doing in second quarters from the beginning of the game, and it made a difference to our poor starts, and that's how I saw it. Today was like that first half of Chad's season.

woffy

All Australian
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol Paddy.
Our players have lost interest.
This is what happens when the players in the maggies that are knocking the door down get overlooked for an AFL call-up for a player/s who are playing very average in the SANFL!

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
HT| Interesting looking scoreline at half time. Absolutely perfect conditions at Alberton Oval but Port have been held goalless. The Magpies are defending gallantly and reduced the dangerous Tigers to five goals.

Wtf... Just saw the club had put this out at half time yesterday...
What have we become.

What was the stat at one stage, 101 disposals for 1 point?

We don't have the skill level to play this high possession game plan - we are not peak Geelong. It bogs us down and gives opposition teams time to get numbers back and block up our forward 50.

We saw it against Richmond and from what I've read here, we saw it against Glenelg.

Back