Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't shock me. It can sometimes drop to -2 or -3 here. Some cold nights on that road travelling back from adelaide. The time mum hit a roo so we drove the last couple hundred Ks doing no more than 40, felt like we could have froze to death.

I know the people from the pub so I'll ask them if that's accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh i'm sure it does get legitimately cold there, and below freezing quite a bit. i'm just surprised that it would be that much colder than anywhere else (e.g. Clare Valley). Places like Yongala, Peterborough and Hallet I can understand being the coldest in SA as they're on a high plateau at 500-600m ASL. Yunta is in the same boat but an elevation of 302 is nothing special. Still, there could be something going on with the topography there that I don't understand. Would be some amazing frosts and sunrises I'd bet.

How is this for the all seeing Gubberment.

HECS payments go up if you salary sacrifice. They assess your taxable income + fringe benefits (I.e sacrifice) so therefore if you salary sacrifice, it increases your effective income due to less tax so they treat you as earning more and therefore dock you more HECS.

Stonks

download (6).jpeg

For the sprinters the mountain stages are just about getting to the points sections and then the end in one piece - overall time doesn't matter so much. Sagan is well ahead in the green jersey contest but 73rd overall. He's probably thinking about his next book during those stages.

HECS payments go up if you salary sacrifice. They assess your taxable income + fringe benefits (I.e sacrifice) so therefore if you salary sacrifice, it increases your effective income due to less tax so they treat you as earning more and therefore dock you more HECS.

Stonks

View attachment 713313
oh no, you’re probaby saving a bunch of tax but have to pay student debt of a little faster (but not more debt repaid than tax saved, right?)

I didnt feel like 'Feel' would get too many sympathetic responses to his HECS problems.

960a13b5e2a24738956dd02aaedcba93.jpg

Stonks

View attachment 713313
Tory policy biting you in the arse!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stonks

View attachment 713313

What’s unfair about it? Your HECS payment is just inline with everyone else on the same net income.

What’s unfair about it? Your HECS payment is just inline with everyone else on the same net income.

I'm just having a whinge because so many people don't pay back their HECS like Dylhansolo8.

I’m sure Dylan would prefer to make enough coin that he has to make compulsory HECS payments Doctor Mercedes Prado.

Dylan would prefer to play runescape but still get paid enough to make compulsory HECS.

I would also prefer to play Runescape.

maybe education should provided by the state, not billed to individuals

It is provided by the state, it's just funded via a user pays, "Higher Education Contribution Scheme", applied to those who gain employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back