The mind-boggling hypocrisy of Bruce McAvaney

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce McAvaney is a brilliant commentator of sport, from Australian Football to athletics to his first love, horse racing.

Bruce is very vocal when it comes to doping in athletics:

So how can Bruce gets himsel so excited about convicted doping cheat Cale Hooker swinging forward? Or Dyson Heppel?

And it isn't just an Essendon thing - where was Bruce opining last year that if Collingwood won the Grand Final with Josh Thomas in the team there would be a "smell in the air'?

The absolute shameful lack of leadership in Australian Football over doping issues continues like nothing ever happened - that we haven't seen multiple clubs have players suspended for extended periods for doping offences.

You're a giant hypocrite Bruce McAvaney, and it takes away from the sterling work you've done over your career.

just checking you are ok?

I liked McAvaney's calls of athletic track events, although as far as AFL commentating goes he is way past it, time to hang up the boots and drool over Winx and Black Caviar.

Bruce has turned into an attention seeking sycophant who is a laughable parody of his better self from long ago.

There should be a thread "AFL commentators/experts who have gone on 1 year too long"... it would be a long bloody list.
Be a lot quicker doing an “afl commentators who at least scale by as half decent”

Time and motion studies etc

media happy to bring up the Eagles drug use every time they start to do well, Essendon...not so much.

Not that I pay attention, but haven’t heard drugs come up in relation to the Weagles for years.
Is it a WA thing?

Not that I pay attention, but haven’t heard drugs come up in relation to the Weagles for years.
Is it a WA thing?

When the Eagles made the Grand Final in 2015, you had one of the Vic papers digging up Daniel Chick for an interview during Grand Final week about the Eagles drug issues during the early-mid 00's.

You also had Mike Sheahan writing articles about how the 06 flag was tainted stuff like that.

When the Eagles made the Grand Final in 2015, you had one of the Vic papers digging up Daniel Chick for an interview during Grand Final week about the Eagles drug issues during the early-mid 00's.

You also had Mike Sheahan writing articles about how the 06 flag was tainted stuff like that.

I vaguely remember the Chick article.
Don’t pay any attention to Sheahan which explains why I haven’t seen that article!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back