Analysis Get Rid of Medical and Fitness Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

These guys since 2012-2013 been Terrible. Each Season we seem to Run out of Players costing us any Chance at the Flag.

Even latetly letting Injured players play just look at Aish and Pendles. They really should not played vs GWS. Aish is no out with the Shoulder.

Then we have Langdon having Surgery now instead of about 9 weeks ago when he did his Injury. Could been back now IF he has his Surgery Then and been a Huge Help for us now.

This is 1 way the Review Failed. There was no real changes in these area on the Footy Department where been our Biggest Problem.

Things need to Change

Aish reinjured his shoulder against the Giants, yeah? I seem to recall him lying on the ground in the defensive fifty, to the left hand end of my television screen.

Anyway, to answer your question, bad runs with injury happen, and there’s little to judge the medical staff by without having access to all the information; which of course we will never get. Players dogged by injury like N Freeman had no more success being managed elsewhere, but our injury list is perennially the worst in the league.

So, in closing, we can only judge by results over time, and those results say we should not only fire all our medical staff, but fire them from a very large cannon into the Sun.

Aish reinjured his shoulder against the Giants, yeah? I seem to recall him lying on the ground in the defensive fifty, to the left hand end of my television screen.

Anyway, to answer your question, bad runs with injury happen, and there’s little to judge the medical staff by without having access to all the information; which of course we will never get. Players dogged by injury like N Freeman had no more success being managed elsewhere, but our injury list is perennially the worst in the league.

So, in closing, we can only judge by results over time, and those results say we should not only fire all our medical staff, but fire them from a very large cannon into the Sun.

So is the Club is Cursed then with how long we had these Injuries every season

So is the Club is Cursed then with how long we had these Injuries every season
I don’t believe in curses, but the sheer weight of numbers suggest something is amiss somewhere. There’s no readily apparent reason for us to have consistently the worst injury list in the AFL year in, year out.

These guys since 2012-2013 been Terrible. Each Season we seem to Run out of Players costing us any Chance at the Flag.

Even latetly letting Injured players play just look at Aish and Pendles. They really should not played vs GWS. Aish is no out with the Shoulder.

Then we have Langdon having Surgery now instead of about 9 weeks ago when he did his Injury. Could been back now IF he has his Surgery Then and been a Huge Help for us now.

This is 1 way the Review Failed. There was no real changes in these area on the Footy Department where been our Biggest Problem.

Things need to Change

We made a very big change by getting rid of Davoren.

I don’t believe in curses, but the sheer weight of numbers suggest something is amiss somewhere. There’s no readily apparent reason for us to have consistently the worst injury list in the AFL year in, year out.

Our hamstring and ankle injuries this year have been unreal. We always seem to struggle with hammy's.

Re fitness staff, earlier in the year we were running out games very strongly, finishing well in the last quarter. Same staff then as now - that's a good result surely, for the trainers? While that has declned along with our form - is it fitness? Kevin White (strength and conditioning manager) seems an improvement on his predessor Davoren. And Sier, at the player sponsors breakfast, praised White and his tailored programs. Am I recalling correctly, Saintly Viewed?

White is not part of the medical department and we shouldn't lump fitness and medical staff together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re fitness staff, earlier in the year we were running out games very strongly, finishing well in the last quarter. Same staff then as now - that's a good result surely, for the trainers? While that has declned along with our form - is it fitness? Kevin White (strength and conditioning manager) seems an improvement on his predessor Davoren. And Sier, at the player sponsors breakfast, praised White and his tailored programs. Am I recalling correctly, Saintly Viewed?

White is not part of the medical department and we shouldn't lump fitness and medical staff together.
You are correct.
Kevin White is much loved by the group and I can’t see us not running out games. If anything we are still strong at the end.

As an aside I don’t like this constant thread pop ups of blasting all and sundry. Sounds like spoilt brats have been let loose. Far better to call threads analysis and have a discussion. Like adults.
Small rant over.

:greenalien:

Do we have more hammie injuries?

Moore and Elliott always do them so I’m not sure that’s a surprise. Greenwood has one now. Otherwise there’s been a couple of calf injuries, shitloads of ankle injuries.

You are correct.
Kevin White is much loved by the group and I can’t see us not running out games. If anything we are still strong at the end.

As an aside I don’t like this constant thread pop ups of blasting all and sundry. Sounds like spoilt brats have been let loose. Far better to call threads analysis and have a discussion. Like adults.
Small rant over.

:greenalien:

Then Maybe talk to the Mods of Getting Rid of the Roast Threads you hate

Aish squibbed it and got cleaned up in the shoulder area.
To his credit, when the ball came his way he was able to handball to a teammate, but he was in extreme pain when he did that.
I called him as gone after seeing how he couldn’t handball without hurting.
Certainly he has pre existing shoulder injury as he has them heavily strapped at every game. But the current injury has occurred in game.

Aish squibbed it and got cleaned up in the shoulder area.
To his credit, when the ball came his way he was able to handball to a teammate, but he was in extreme pain when he did that.
I called him as gone after seeing how he couldn’t handball without hurting.
Certainly he has pre existing shoulder injury as he has them heavily strapped at every game. But the current injury has occurred in game.

With the Injury over in Perth with his Shoulder. He probably should not been Playing vs GWS

Then Maybe talk to the Mods of Getting Rid of the Roast Threads you hate
I’m not a hater as a rule.

I just don’t know why there is so much roasting.

Want things to get better then careful analysis and measured decisions get the tasks done.

Every team goes through tough runs and only measured non panic can make things better in my view.

What role does scar tissue play in perennially injured guys. It seems to me that most of our repeatedly injured players began their run of outs as part of "the injuries we had to have" campaign when Davoren came in and overtrained us. May still be suffering the scars from that appointment.

What role does scar tissue play in perennially injured guys. It seems to me that most of our repeatedly injured players began their run of outs as part of "the injuries we had to have" campaign when Davoren came in and overtrained us. May still be suffering the scars from that appointment.
They are strong but less flexible than the surrounding tissue, so they tend to cause tears elsewhere. Much like in Murphy’s Law, when a $300 picture tube protects a $0.30 fuse by blowing first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back