Zorko Investigated for Alleged Spitting.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Footage of Brisbane Lions captain Dayne Zorko appearing to spit at North Melbourne defender Jasper Pittard is being looked at by match review officer Michael Christian.

Vision emerged on Twitter on Monday from Saturday night's Gabba thriller between the Lions and the Kangaroos, appearing to show Zorko spitting at Pittard during the third quarter.

If true, where does this rank in dirty acts?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Right up there as far as dirty acts are concerned. Wiping blood on an opponent, spitting, stomping, hitting a bloke from behind (Conca style) and pinching are in my view the dirtiest things you can do on a football field.

He got nothing but a fine for pinching, so I doubt anything will come of it.

E4FB15B2-2399-4744-BD1D-96632FBB8BAD.jpeg

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Digging his dirty little claws in Simpkins scar from where he broke his leg a few years ago.

Same quarter he was given SIX frees.

Simpkin is one of the biggest grubs in the league. Kicked Zorko in the face only just prior (hence the blood) - though Zorko’s action was totally uncalled for.

Simpkin is one of the biggest grubs in the league

Are you sure that Jy "No, not Jed Anderson the other guy. #12!" Simpkin is one of the biggest grubs in the league, or are you perhaps a little upset that Zorko is being called out for being a gross little loser?

I think most would not be able to pick 21 year old Simpkin from a lineup, let alone identify him as one of the league's dirtiest. I don't even think he has a reputation of being dirty at all.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Are you sure that Jy "No, not Jed Anderson the other guy. #12!" Simpkin is one of the biggest grubs in the league, or are you perhaps a little upset that Zorko is being called out for being a gross little loser?

I think most would not be able to pick 21 year old Simpkin from a lineup, let alone identify him as one of the league's dirtiest. I don't even think he has a reputation of being dirty at all.

Correct. I like the Lions but between the cheating scandals over the last 24 months, the rubbish with Touk Miller and now the pinching and potentially spitting, Zorko is painting himself as quite the campaigner.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Correct. I like the Lions but between the cheating scandals over the last 24 months, the rubbish with Touk Miller and now the pinching and potentially spitting, Zorko is painting himself as quite the campaigner.
Cheating scandals?

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC

It’s not his fault. He has never been coached to use his best attributes - only to play the typical faux-thug act like the usual North “best” 22.

Zorko shouldn’t reduce himself to that level either.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Simpkin is one of the biggest grubs in the league. Kicked Zorko in the face only just prior (hence the blood) - though Zorko’s action was totally uncalled for.

Yeah Simpkin is a dirty player. Thankfully this was dismissed as total nonsense. Also the AFL admitting the Brown free was also incorrect so we can now move on from the hysteria

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It’s not his fault. He has never been coached to use his best attributes - only to play the typical faux-thug act like the usual North “best” 22.

Zorko shouldn’t reduce himself to that level either.
Faux tough from a lion's supporter is hilarious. Half your midfield spends all game flopping and diving for free kicks throwing their head around like a crash test dummie

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Zorko got off the alleged incident. Why are people still carrying on?

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
View attachment 713739

I'd describe that as vigorous. I'd probably want to kick him off too

Please, if that hurts him, maybe he should change sports. Simpkin is your typical dirty sniper... s**t player so will try to be tough and backfired and now just looks like a complete sook because someone touched his leg.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Please, if that hurts him, maybe he should change sports. Simpkin is your typical dirty sniper... s**t player so will try to be tough and backfired and now just looks like a complete sook because someone touched his leg.
You'd feel the same if their positions were reversed?

Face facts, some weird bloke is grabbing your leg, do you cop it or tell him to shove off?

Zorko firmly taking his place in AFL history as a certified loser, alongside other "creeps" like Josh Bootsma and Jack Anthony.

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You'd feel the same if their positions were reversed?

Face facts, some weird bloke is grabbing your leg, do you cop it or tell him to shove off?

Oh no he grabbed my leg, I should really try and kick him cause it hurts.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like dirty mullet sweat dripping down to me.
The (1 second) video has it as gravity defying mullet sweat coming from Zorkos mouth if that's the case
Oh no he grabbed my leg, I should really try and kick him cause it hurts.
Are you saying if I came up to you at your work, held your ankle down and started pinching your calf you wouldn't be at all irritated?

I'm struggling with this one, exactly how dense are you? Simpkin didn't kick him because it hurts, he kicked him because it's a ******* stupid thing to do.

Back