**** darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd much prefer we play ALL our home games in Melbourne at least. However I understand why we are doing it and Hawthorn have shown interstate home games can be successful on a number of levels. BUT, for this to be successful I'm not sure we should be playing teams where there is likely to be more support like Adelaide, WCE and Power. Going to a mutual ground takes away any home ground advantage we have, so it would nearly make more sense to play another Vic side there as it would be more in our favour. I have no doubt interstate teams would rather play us at a mutual ground like Alice or Darwin than at the G. And that is ultimately what annoys me about these games. Why can't we play the Saints, Kangas or Bulldogs up there? None of these teams will draw a massive crowd in Vic anyway..

For starters at our home game, i'd like for the eagles not to wear their indigenous Guernsey. You want a pick of jumper? Then ******* play your own home games up there! It's like when Port demanded Gold Coast not wear their home jumper in their home game in china, or when collingwood demanded norf where their away jumper at norfs home game years ago, i don't give a toss if they're still wearing white shorts, they can wear white shorts with their standard away jumper.

We’re entitled to wear whatever we like provided it does not clash with your strip.

Maybe for your next home fixture against us, the AFL can stream live images of our supporters back in Perth into the MCG?

We’re entitled to wear whatever we like provided it does not clash with your strip.

Maybe for your next home fixture against us, the AFL can stream live images of our supporters back in Perth into the MCG?
How about ya * off. Whether it's a stupid opinion or not is irrelevant to you on our team board so get on ya bike

You got a kick out of watching those images of our depressed supporters, it no doubt adds to your prelim experience

Settle down. There’s no big deal for you to get all defensive over - this is your classic grumbling after a loss stuff. I like your eagle and you can play nude or in fluorescent body paint for all I care

I'm sick of playing up there. The club has worked so hard to get something out of those games and all we've done is give opposition fans a show. The locals don't care about us and never will, and the fatigue our players experience while up there clearly has a residual effect.

I want to attend our games at our home ground.

I'm sick of playing up there. The club has worked so hard to get something out of those games and all we've done is give opposition fans a show. The locals don't care about us and never will, and the fatigue our players experience while up there clearly has a residual effect.

I want to attend our games at our home ground.
Respectfully disagree . I think if we had a young Jeff Farmer or the like running around for us we would pack the ground with fans . Aside from needing the money, just who do we have in our team to get the locals excited? Last year they all went gaga over Betts , even if we thrashed them .
I believe the locals will care about us , but we really need to give them something, or someone to care about .

Respectfully disagree . I think if we had a young Jeff Farmer or the like running around for us we would pack the ground with fans . Aside from needing the money, just who do we have in our team to get the locals excited? Last year they all went gaga over Betts , even if we thrashed them .
I believe the locals will care about us , but we really need to give them something, or someone to care about .
If we need to rely on getting an indigenous player with some xfactor for the locals to care about us for two hours then we're not really building a sustainable fanbase anyway.

If we need to rely on getting an indigenous player with some xfactor for the locals to care about us for two hours then we're not really building a sustainable fanbase anyway.
That's the market . They have clearly shown what they are attracted too. That's how they see football should be played . If we want to make an impact there , we need to actually think and act on what we are doing there .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the market . They have clearly shown what they are attracted too. That's how they see football should be played . If we want to make an impact there , we need to actually think and act on what we are doing there .

I guess I'd want to ask the club what our long term goals playing up there are. If it's to build up a northern support network then I think no matter what we do it would be fleeting because it would solely rely on our indigenous player profile. If that's what we need to do then I would wonder why we haven't invested in that type of player already. Our list management would be somewhat compromised by such a requirement.

I guess I'd want to ask the club what our long term goals playing up there are. If it's to build up a northern support network then I think no matter what we do it would be fleeting because it would solely rely on our indigenous player profile. If that's what we need to do then I would wonder why we haven't invested in that type of player already. Our list management would be somewhat compromised by such a requirement.

Our recruitment of indegenious players has been a joke for about a decade now.

Since the era of Jetta Wonna Jurrah and Bennell I think off the top of my head the only ones we have taken are Johnstone JKH and Bedford. Plus traded for May, Garlett and Barry. 6 guys in about a decade considering we would have made 120-150 list changes is pretty poor to me. I don't know if it's racist to say or not but you can't deny the impact the indigenous fellas have on a team. They have an instinct and a freedom for footy that the white kids have coached out of them. We have taken some risks on some ex basketballers but really let ourselves down with our recruitment of indegenious and Irish kids imo

Our recruitment of indegenious players has been a joke for about a decade now.

Since the era of Jetta Wonna Jurrah and Bennell I think off the top of my head the only ones we have taken are Johnstone JKH and Bedford. Plus traded for May, Garlett and Barry. 6 guys in about a decade considering we would have made 120-150 list changes is pretty poor to me. I don't know if it's racist to say or not but you can't deny the impact the indigenous fellas have on a team. They have an instinct and a freedom for footy that the white kids have coached out of them. We have taken some risks on some ex basketballers but really let ourselves down with our recruitment of indegenious and Irish kids imo
We should make up for it by recruiting someone who’s both Irish and Aboriginal

In the end we lose two games we’d play at the the MCG, if we somehow pull ourselves out this heap and start being a genuine contender, these two interstate trips are just another obstacle to a top 4 finish.

But the bigger issue is whether the club can afford to give up the cash, and I’m not sure whether we can.

In the end we lose two games we’d play at the the MCG, if we somehow pull ourselves out this heap and start being a genuine contender, these two interstate trips are just another obstacle to a top 4 finish.

But the bigger issue is whether the club can afford to give up the cash, and I’m not sure whether we can.
But last year we won both and made a prelim?

Especially since our membership with probably drop by 20k next year.

Not to mention we were terrible at home all year and the one game we lost interstate was against port where we led all day
Its sad when you have more confidence in your team to perform better away from home. We've actually been very good away from the G. It's our home ground where we tend to stink it up. I have zero confidence in this team at home with the way we play..

Haven't the AFL stated that these 2 home games in the NT will be played at Marvel if we end the contract.

We are the AFL's bitch.
Collingwood plays 2 home games at Marvel each season. Usually one against an interstate side and one against a Marvel tenant. At least we aren't playing our NT games against a team that plays the ground more than us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back