Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Mitch in training kit today. Built like Robbie Tarrant now.

He's 192cm I think? You're talking a Wayne Carey sized inside mid who can run a 15 beep.

Surely someone will take a punt.

Would be mad not to. Worst case scenario do what Sydney did with Clarke and make him a tagger. Physically match it with almost anyone given his height, and his endurance would mean he could wear them like a glove the entire day.

Still mad about what happened with the trio of him, clarke and mountford. There was some very serious potential there that we squandered and then cut loose.
What could have been if they were drafted to a different coach/system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he want to come back to the club which played him out of position then delisted him unceremoniously?

Because we aren't being run by incompetence any more.

Broken record but see him a bit and he's in ridiculous (good) condition.

Putting a lot of his own time into it, reminds me of Obst who was another player who structured his own training at a time the club had NFI about such things.

Whoever gives him another chance is getting a committed professional.

Broken record but see him a bit and he's in ridiculous (good) condition.

Putting a lot of his own time into it, reminds me of Obst who was another player who structured his own training at a time the club had NFI about such things.

Whoever gives him another chance is getting a committed professional.

I think the part that irritates me the most about he and Mountford is that they were both ultimate professionals.

Also annoys me that Hibberd was never played as a mid in our VFL side even though it was where he was most suited. All his best junior footy was played as a centre square midfielder.

Would perfectly compliment our current side as a big bodied mid/tagger, look what young Dylan Clarke (who is a very similar prospect in terms of strengths and deficiencies) is doing. It was always a strange call to delist him and Mountford, particularly given our lack of depth, and as it's pretty obvious that they'd both be in our current 22 it has to be considered a mistake.

Would perfectly compliment our current side as a big bodied mid/tagger, look what young Dylan Clarke (who is a very similar prospect in terms of strengths and deficiencies) is doing. It was always a strange call to delist him and Mountford, particularly given our lack of depth, and as it's pretty obvious that they'd both be in our current 22 it has to be considered a mistake.

The game now relies on endurance, so many of our mids struggle with it. Anderson, Ziebell and Cunners aren’t exactly good endurance athletes.

Last year we got rid of our 3 best endurance athletes in Hibberd, Mountford and Clarke (which I can understand...his kicking is terrible). It just didn’t make sense to me at the time and it doesn’t make sense to me now.

Mountford to me was the perfect bench player, could play a variety of roles from lock down defender, to tagger or just as a pure wingman. At present we don’t have guys who can play multiple roles like he had the potential to do. Considering where he was in his development, he really could have come on if he was given 10-15 games in a row.

Hibberd on the other hand was simply developed poorly. Still should have been given another year.

If I had the choice I would’ve paid out Hrovat and not traded for Tyson (just take the pick) and kept Hibberd and Mountford for another season.

The game now relies on endurance, so many of our mids struggle with it. Anderson, Ziebell and Cunners aren’t exactly good endurance athletes.

Last year we got rid of our 3 best endurance athletes in Hibberd, Mountford and Clarke (which I can understand...his kicking is terrible). It just didn’t make sense to me at the time and it doesn’t make sense to me now.

Mountford to me was the perfect bench player, could play a variety of roles from lock down defender, to tagger or just as a pure wingman. At present we don’t have guys who can play multiple roles like he had the potential to do. Considering where he was in his development, he really could have come on if he was given 10-15 games in a row.

Hibberd on the other hand was simply developed poorly. Still should have been given another year.

If I had the choice I would’ve paid out Hrovat and not traded for Tyson (just take the pick) and kept Hibberd and Mountford for another season.
Brad Scott - dumb!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back