Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the stats buffs.
If a player kicks in from the goal square after a behind it’s not counted as a possession/ disposal is it?
But if he goes outside the square (even just one step) it’s called play on and hence it’s a disposal, right?
So when we read the stats sheets there’s no way of knowing how many freebies like this the defenders have had.

I reckon it distorts the stats if that’s the case. There should be an extra stat column called “cheapies”. A bit like the Ablett cheapie 1-2 handballs around the back. Might explain (in part) why nobody kicks from inside the square any more!
Pretty sure that's the case. Same as when they kicked it to themselves though.

Pretty sure a disposal and a possession were seen as two different things by champion data. A disposal included kick ins but a possession didn't. Not sure if this has changed.

Pretty sure that's the case. Same as when they kicked it to themselves though.

Pretty sure a disposal and a possession were seen as two different things by champion data. A disposal included kick ins but a possession didn't. Not sure if this has changed.
Yes, I can remember Heath Shaw racking up a squillion possessions against us by kicking it to himself then playing on. Another of those days when we kicked a heap of behinds so he got plenty of stats padding out of it. A lot of pundits just looked at the stats sheet and said he must have played a great game.

Does everyone hate the smell of the dunnies at Etihad? I seemed to be smelling stale piss for hours after going in there. And no, I didnt pee on myself.

Surely they could hose them out regularly or have those urinals that auto flush. :(

1563155235628.png

Does everyone hate the smell of the dunnies at Etihad? I seemed to be smelling stale piss for hours after going in there. And no, I didnt pee on myself.

Surely they could hose them out regularly or have those urinals that auto flush. :(

View attachment 709388
Perhaps that is done purposely for us Doggies supporters when we play there, to remind the old timers of the scoreboard goal toilets at Whitten?

Of course nothing could replace the experience of the open roofed toilets in the outer at Kardinia Park.

Roughy will always be a Bulldogs legend but he was absolutely cooked the last 2 years for the Bulldogs. Every single game he would cop a knock that would make him ineffective, amazingly he hasn't had one of those for Collingwood. He did not look like an AFL footballer from a physical perspective. A change of scenery had obviously done wonders for him but Kennedy was an absolute basket case last Friday, wouldn't say Roughy did a shutdown job on him.

Do people prefer to see the Bulldogs win a thriller or to win comfortably? I prefer the comfortable wins because you know a fair way from the final siren that a win is coming. In the thrillers, they may be exciting to watch, but they are not a guarantee the Bulldogs are going to be the victor. I can watch other teams play in a thriller no problems, but when the Dogs are involved in one I do a lot of channel-surfing if things are close during the final quarter.

Do people prefer to see the Bulldogs win a thriller or to win comfortably? I prefer the comfortable wins because you know a fair way from the final siren that a win is coming. In the thrillers, they may be exciting to watch, but they are not a guarantee the Bulldogs are going to be the victor. I can watch other teams play in a thriller no problems, but when the Dogs are involved in one I do a lot of channel-surfing if things are close during the final quarter.
Comfortable. Preferably an old fashioned flogging. When did we do that last? Feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack with some of the close ones but couldn't turn off. Would be a fitting way to go out :p

Both are good in their own way. Don't get me wrong, I like flogging teams the most because usually its a goal fest and a clean game for you.
But if I was being truthful, nothing beats a close game at the siren type thriller. Particularly if you're at the game and watching it. Heart racing, leaning forward in your seat, no idea how much time is left, panicking when the opposition is attacking, pleading when we are attacking. Floggings are normally have a dead atmosphere on the full time siren because crowd has known the result for ages, players to. Crowd doesn't roar as loudly, and players just pull up their socks, stash mouth guard and shake hands, as opposed to jumping in the air and running and hugging each other.

But in a good season, you want a touch of both

Both are good in their own way. Don't get me wrong, I like flogging teams the most because usually its a goal fest and a clean game for you.

It probably also depends on how an individual classifies a flogging. Did we flog West Coast in the 2016 elimination final? Once we made it to about five goals in front West Coast didn't seem capable of mounting a serious comeback, and I felt comfortable to sit in front of the telly for the rest of the game feeling that we were well in control and I wouldn't have to channel-surf. Yes we won by a comfortable margin, but I for one don't know that we truly flogged them. Other games are more obvious such as in 2009 when we held Hawthorn to four behinds by half time and won by 88 points, that was definitely a flogging, and lots of fun.

Jack Macrae is turning 25 in 10 days. Has kicked 3 goals for the year.

Big boys kick goals. We need our mids kicking 10-15 each. Jack has never kicked more than 9 in a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Macrae is turning 25 in 10 days. Has kicked 3 goals for the year.

Big boys kick goals. We need our mids kicking 10-15 each. Jack has never kicked more than 9 in a season.
I love Macrae but I fully agree with this criticism. He had a chance on Sunday, 40m out, dead in front and instead chose to handball to a player under pressure. It’s like he doesn’t view kicking for goal as an option.

I'm really keen for both Khamis and Sweet to build their tanks enough to debut. The Dogs should be formidable in 2021, with those two hopefully ready, Cavarra and Ugle-Hagan up forward, and whoever we pick up this year hopefully making a big impact, with a lot of our current big names still going to be here too.

I just came across this article about some ‘artist’ who made a collage of homophobic slurs and anti-gay figures. For some reason in the top right corner there is a Footscray badge.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Is he putting the Bulldogs alongside the Westboro Baptist Church as an enemy of gay people?

Or is this a puddled Dogs fan who has chosen to put his teams badge in a very ill-thought-out place?

I just came across this article about some ‘artist’ who made a collage of homophobic slurs and anti-gay figures. For some reason in the top right corner there is a Footscray badge.

Is he putting the Bulldogs alongside the Westboro Baptist Church as an enemy of gay people?

Or is this a puddled Dogs fan who has chosen to put his teams badge in a very ill-thought-out place?

Good spot. Expect PG to make a comment. He is usually pretty proactive with this stuff

That's not a good look. Is he trying to imply we are homophobic? Cause our logo stands out amongst all the other ones which are guilty of homophobia in the past. Anyone who looks at it will read it as us being compared to groups like westboro, WTF?

A rusty bulldog is a g a y s e x act (have to put spaces to stop it being removed by filter) where one man spews on their p e n i s then inserts into the other man.

We also allegedly had a cheer squad members yelling homophobic slurs at a game back in 2015. Not sure if this was ever verified as true, but the club was quick to denounce the behaviour, while Bob Murphy has always been extremely vocal in his support for g a y players.

Also pretty sure Aker wasn't exactly well loved among the LGBT community thanks to some comments he'd made suggesting players should stay in the closet, or something like that. Don't think he actually said anything homophobic, but people still got triggered.

Overall, there's really no good reason for that badge to be there. * this artist

Exactly no reason to be there. Isolated incidents from a long time ago? Like we are the only club that has had issues in this area. Haven't we promoted exclusivity and been part of a women's pride game since?

Also, MODS. Ever since the site has been updated, I cant highlight and delete whole words, lines or posts with a single click of the delete key no more. Have to hold the backspace key and wait a hundred years for each letter to be deleted one by one, its annoying. Also seem to be issues where I'm writing or editing and if I type something in the middle of something, it just types OVER it, instead of pushing everything forward as I type. Which means I have to retype everything again carefully. Not sure if a Big Footy site issue or me. Never had either issues elsewhere

Last edited:
Exactly no reason to be there. Isolated incidents from a long time ago? Like we are the only club that has had issues in this area. Haven't we promoted exclusivity and been part of a women's pride game since?

Also, MODS. Every since the site has been updated, I cant highlight and delete whole words, lines or posts with a single click of the delete key no more. Have to hold the backspace key and wait a hundred years for each letter to be deleted one by one, its annoying. Also seem to be issues where I'm writing or editing and if I type something in the middle of something, it just types OVER it, instead of pushing everything forward as I type. Which means I have to retype everything again carefully. Not sure if a Big Footy site issue or me. Never had either issues elsewhere
I find I can't edit text without first typing another letter, then deleting or backspacing. It's been ****ed for a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back