Recommitted Karl Amon [re-signed]

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Karl Amon has put a knee injury and talk of an off-season trade behind him and is eager to cement himself in the Power side in 2019.

Amon, 23, had surgery in the post-season to correct a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee.

The classy left-footer admits his knee issues were worrying him for the last 18 months but says he feels great now – demonstrating his fitness by finishing among the leaders in Port’s post-Christmas time-trial at Alberton Oval on Friday.

“I’ve sort of just got confidence in my body and in my knee so I like to think I’m in pretty good condition,” he said during an interview on Adelaide radio program SEN SA Breakfast.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-01-11/amon-keen-to-make-his-mark

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good hold by Port. Might still leave if a better offer is out there I guess? but looks like the knee was holding him back, rather than being a mere excuse. Has flown under the radar a bit because of the 4 debutant players but has improved his value by a round or 2 in the draft despite going from contracted to uncontracted. Hope we have a look if he is looking to move.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Clubs could’ve had him for a throwaway pick last year, now you’d think it’d cost them a 2nd rounder and a above average contract

Heavily Parched

Draftee
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At the end of last season I think most port supporters would have driven him to the airport if we could have found a trading partner. He sas fixed a number of his deficiencies and been more then serviceable this year. Few reports today that he is keen to stay at the club so hopefully that contract gets done. A solid end to the season and we might even find the "Amonymous" nickname has have to be dropped.

At the end of last season I think most port supporters would have driven him to the airport if we could have found a trading partner. He sas fixed a number of his deficiencies and been more then serviceable this year. Few reports today that he is keen to stay at the club so hopefully that contract gets done. A solid end to the season and we might even find the "Amonymous" nickname has have to be dropped.
If the trade period went a bit longer last year he’d probably have landed at Hawthorn, we were keen on him, but ran out of time to get anything done as we had other priorities.

The interest is still there, I believe.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Clubs could’ve had him for a throwaway pick last year, now you’d think it’d cost them a 2nd rounder and a above average contract

Port supporters really don’t understand the concept of out of contract it seems.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
right up there with our most improved.... would have him and houston fighting for it.
By the sounds of it hes finally decided to stay at Port and he hadnt made his mind yet, hence no offer yet from port.
But sounds as if a deal will get done to stay

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Geez what a difference 12 months makes.

Just reading the posts from this time last year, to posts today, and pretty crazy how far up the ranks he's jumped.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Keep dreaming

Just the latest one off the production line really: Clarkson, Guerra, Gilham, Dew, Burgoyne, Impey, Wingard & now Amon.

No dreaming required....Why do you imagine he's turned his back on a new contract & requested a trade back home to Victoria?....These are facts amigo.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Is it?

What’s your source?

One of our ITK posters on the Hawk board mentioned it 6 weeks ago....That Clarko was over in Adelaide on a scouting mission & had Amon as his number 1 target.

Also. Apparently we were interested last year, but couldn't get it over the line due to the drawn-out negotiations on the Wingard deal.

Back