Discussion NAFL Jumpers That Never Were

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Decided to make a new team for when I get dropped down to the NAFL Reserves. This is a scrapped design from throughout the process. The design on the home and away guernseys are supposed to be an axe.View attachment 606663
Love it! Looks brilliant, the axe concept is a clever design for a footy jumper.

Decided to make a new team for when I get dropped down to the NAFL Reserves. This is a scrapped design from throughout the process. The design on the home and away guernseys are supposed to be an axe.View attachment 606663
That heritage guernsey is legit.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

Home is cool, but that clash is one of the better iterations of the prison bars i've seen. Definitely the best 3 colour prison bars that has ever been put together. Great work!

Awesome work man - also you know you’re not in the Reserves yet, right? You’re in the promotion/relegation series before next season, and if this work here is “rejected”, the work that will make it next season will surely be top notch.

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
newcastle fury all in one upload.png

(left to right) heritage 90's fauxback, away with red shorts, home, clash with white shorts, community round NAFLW

Thoughts?
Looking back on it now I wish I had gone with it. I finished everything and put it together, uploaded it to imgur and thought the lightest shade of red looked washed out so went with the monochrome Black Diamonds that you all saw.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
View attachment 608801
(left to right) heritage 90's fauxback, away with red shorts, home, clash with white shorts, community round NAFLW

Thoughts?
Looking back on it now I wish I had gone with it. I finished everything and put it together, uploaded it to imgur and thought the lightest shade of red looked washed out so went with the monochrome Black Diamonds that you all saw.

The away and clash are the two standouts in this set and could be explored further. The rest should remain on the scrap heap.

Hello Melbourne Storm.

Norm Landrover

Liberum Esse Vexillum "Free to be the standard"
Apr 27, 2013
American Great Lakes
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CIW LAA-MLB;ANA-NHL;IND-NBA;ARS-EPL
I present the "only put to paper" original set of the Victoria River FC Eagles that never saw the editing floor. As evidenced here, the current jumper template is being used since it was never done and historical context in regard to the template not being significant enough to alter the look. As in the set that was presented for the NAFL Reserves, the heritage kit remained minimally changed.
1548296462682.png

vheIvff.png

my original concepts for season 2019 back as the last season was finishing up.

(kangaroo was just a placeholder)​

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
This was what I had planned for my first NAFL bid which ended up being changed to a completely new team due to the fact that I forgot to check if anyone else was already using the ‘Swans’ moniker. I ended up adapting this into the Flag Football competition but ultimately the identity was way too ‘traditional’ compared to the other Big Bash style franchises that were entered.

The SVFC monogram I created for this team is my favourite piece of work I’ve created so far, I’m super happy with it
9C4E02B3-6CEE-40D2-A533-6BCBF27A8DCA.jpeg

D0023C5D-D407-4EE2-96EB-8D8B690BD943.jpeg

Those familiar with Perth’s Swan Valley should recognise the purple and olive colour scheme from the tourism signage littered throughout the region.

View attachment 759008

Aaaaaand this was what I was looking at submitting probably up until a month out from the comp. Whilst I do like them, I much prefer what I ended up submitting.​
This is good but I deffinately prefer what you ended up with. Wouldn't be surprised if you go back to back

Do you have a thin stroke around each chevron, or like the slightest drop shadow? I'm just trying to figure out how you've made it look like it's almost different pieces of material.

Love it

very, very faint drop shadow above each chevron.

might do something similar in the future for a retro round for a wool jumper - see how we go.

Back