Harris's force v Fyfe/Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

So Harris gets a week for his negigible hit on the weekend

Fyfe and Ablett do the same thing - but "insufficient force"

I'd love someone to replay Christian's words to him. However he sits their in the safety of a sanitised AFL sanctioned podcast

Their is a misconduct option - all 3 should have just been fined and told to stop being knobs.

But to somehow grade one as low impact and the others as insufficient is illogical.

Nick Larkey was not allowed to tender a statement, that is an absolute f....ng joke, from now on no "victim" should be allowed to make a statement.

The chairman admitted first contact was not high, but that didn't matter, unbelievable. So form now on when flog Christian reviews the weekends games that should not be taken into account... ah la Cunnington last week bouncing up off the ball.

F....in BIZARRE!

What I find staggering is the rulings made included:

-That you can't provide any statements from the victim.

-A strike is a strike and that even if the initial contact was to an arm or shoulder it didn't matter.

Now I know the AFL judiciary don't care much for precedents, but wowsers that seems incredibly inconsistent both retrospectively and potentialy in the future. Are they saying then that any strike that ends up high should result in a week?

Hodge bumps Wingard in to a behind post. Wingard gets up and kicks a goal. Hodge gets 2 weeks.

Port player shoves Neale in to goal post. Neale has to leave the ground for medical attention. No penalty.

Sometimes being a big name is a negative.

If Sicily had shoved Neale there would have been no other talk all weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre that Larkey can't inform them on what actually happened.

I might be reading this wrong, but why the * would Andrews say that Larkey's teeth "clattered", even if it were true? Basically asking for a suspension.

Verdict upheld

Not eligible for the superstar discount just yet

Does not play for a Melbourne club. Ben Cunnington (North's Clockwork Orange extra) just gets little fines for repeated violence).

Does not play for a Melbourne club. Ben Cunnington (North's Clockwork Orange extra) just gets little fines for repeated violence).

You'll need a full shoulder reco if that chip gets any bigger.

You'll need a full shoulder reco if that chip gets any bigger.

Lol pointing to inconsistency. Just used the Clockwork Orange extra as an example. From my experience your mob has chips on your shoulders like open cut mines.

These types of decisions make me wonder if it is time to remove the ‘fairest’ part from the Brownlow. The AFL makes ‘fairest’ a moving target, because people in the media ‘dont Want to see him miss out for that..’. If that’s how they are going to frame it, then remove fairest from the award description, as that is what is happening in practice.

These types of decisions make me wonder if it is time to remove the ‘fairest’ part from the Brownlow. The AFL makes ‘fairest’ a moving target, because people in the media ‘dont Want to see him miss out for that..’. If that’s how they are going to frame it, then remove fairest from the award description, as that is what is happening in practice.

Caving in to the AFL manipulating the competition?

No thanks.

How about instead we keep it fairest and best, as intended, and enforce the rules properly.

Bizarre that Larkey can't inform them on what actually happened.

I might be reading this wrong, but why the fu** would Andrews say that Larkey's teeth "clattered", even if it were true? Basically asking for a suspension.

Players always lie. Sam Mitchell was elbowed in the back by Stevie J. Stevie J was reported.

Mitchell said there was barely any impact. Stevie J cleared. Mitched missed the next week with "back soreness".

As for why he said what he said, the Gilchrist equivalent? Decided to tell the truth ?

Caving in to the AFL manipulating the competition?

No thanks.

How about instead we keep it fairest and best, as intended, and enforce the rules properly.
I agree, but they aren’t currently. As it stands the fairest part is hyperbole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back