Fantasy 2019 - Omega League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I see my idea is catching on ;)
In Empire, 16 team league, the 6 round draft had enough players to go all the way thru.
Max 36 team league -- tho 9 Taxi is where it's better.
In Omega, IDP's matter more, so there's still a ton of defensive talent people haven't even bothered with. As they still underestimate IDP value in Omega looking at the roster lists....RBs and WRs dominate the hording, and very few people bother with IDP depth.

Also, this draft class was s**t. In 2020, the class might be heaps better and 6 rounds would easily suffice rookies only.

HOWEVER....2020 the draft will still go ahead as Rookies AND Vets anyway over 6 rounds.

In Empire, 16 team league, the 6 round draft had enough players to go all the way thru.
Max 36 team league -- tho 9 Taxi is where it's better.
In Omega, IDP's matter more, so there's still a ton of defensive talent people haven't even bothered with. As they still underestimate IDP value in Omega looking at the roster lists....RBs and WRs dominate the hording, and very few people bother with IDP depth.

Also, this draft class was s**t. In 2020, the class might be heaps better and 6 rounds would easily suffice rookies only.

HOWEVER....2020 the draft will still go ahead as Rookies AND Vets anyway over 6 rounds.
Rookie IDP that end up in the top 100 are extremely rare

everyone report back here by around August 25-28 of your final cuts.

you can report back anytime sooner than that, if you already know. but final full cuts wanted not dribs and drabs

and any trades that happen must happen before then not last minute stuff after august 28.

i need all this info so i can import all the draft results and the site is frustrating to work with now.

Draft Grades.

I only really really like J Shuttlesworth and GG.exe's drafts.

The others, not that they had bad ones, just say, %50 of their haul I like, and %50 I don't like. That's just my own opinion of the players.

Raephix tho had an unusual draft where he went all in on QBs.
Vale J Shuttlesworth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have updated the SQUADS tab.
Correctly shows your current roster size.

The only thing is, i have to double check all our players positions with ESPNs site because some players have had their positions changed from last year.

Eg, Bradley Chubb for me was a LB last year but is now a DE, which is also silly because hes playing 3-4 OLB....whilst some players like Rashan Gary are listed as LBs even tho theyre actually playing 3-4 DE abd if anything could end up being classed as DTs.

So ill do that tonight, double check, but keep in mind ESPN will change players positions again during the preseason as they catch up with rotoworlds depth charts.

something youll also have to monitor.

what i need from everyone is a list of all your cuts, deadline 28 august but can let me know earlier/now if you already know.

wow, espn really did change a whole heap of players' positions.

i've fixed the SQUADS tab to the currently correct positions.

oh boy, some people are going to be fuming, some are going to be happy.

fuming people -- people who had say 4 LBs and 4 DEs who now have 7 LBs and 1 DE. People who had 4 DEs and 3 DTs, who now have 1 DE and 6 DTs.

happy people -- people who had 1 CB and 5 SAs who now have 3 CBs and 3 SAs, etc.

Let me know if you guys are interested in me changing the roster positions from LB DT DE to LB DT EDGE instead? It's not a drastic change, just allows people who have too many LBs and not enough DEs to be able to equalize things under "LB" and "EDGE" instead. Instead of having 1 DE and 7 LBs, they would be able to move 3 players called LB/EDGE to the EDGE position and have 4:4. But currently, they're stuck with 1:7 say.

wow, espn really did change a whole heap of players' positions.

i've fixed the SQUADS tab to the currently correct positions.

oh boy, some people are going to be fuming, some are going to be happy.

fuming people -- people who had say 4 LBs and 4 DEs who now have 7 LBs and 1 DE. People who had 4 DEs and 3 DTs, who now have 1 DE and 6 DTs.

happy people -- people who had 1 CB and 5 SAs who now have 3 CBs and 3 SAs, etc.

Let me know if you guys are interested in me changing the roster positions from LB DT DE to LB DT EDGE instead? It's not a drastic change, just allows people who have too many LBs and not enough DEs to be able to equalize things under "LB" and "EDGE" instead. Instead of having 1 DE and 7 LBs, they would be able to move 3 players called LB/EDGE to the EDGE position and have 4:4. But currently, they're stuck with 1:7 say.

Can’t do that can we. Some may have not drafted on basis of position and decided to draft another player

Can’t do that can we. Some may have not drafted on basis of position and decided to draft another player
Actually that is exactly a reason why it could be done.
They looked at their squads, saw they had plenty of DE, not enough LB, so drafted LB, only to now find that 2 or 3 of their DEs are now LBs. So changing the position of DE to EDGE would actually validate their initial draft motivations, as all those LB/Edge classed players could now be used at Edge -- which replaces DE. Whereas as of now, all those DEs they thought they had are LBs and can't be used at DE.

Actually that is exactly a reason why it could be done.
They looked at their squads, saw they had plenty of DE, not enough LB, so drafted LB, only to now find that 2 or 3 of their DEs are now LBs. So changing the position of DE to EDGE would actually validate their initial draft motivations, as all those LB/Edge classed players could now be used at Edge -- which replaces DE. Whereas as of now, all those DEs they thought they had are LBs and can't be used at DE.

My head hurts

My head hurts

Many people lost players that were called "DE" to now being called "LB"...so they drafted thinking they had DEs when really they didnt. Changing the starting position DE to Edge remedies that issue. That's the only remedy actually -- doesn't invalidate people's drafts.

Not to mention ESPN is stupid, calling players DEs that ARE actually LBs, and calling players LBs that ARE actually DEs. There are a lot of players inappropriately classed DE or LB not the reverse in ESPN.

Eg, Vic Beasley is classed as LB/Edge when he's really a DE. Bradley Chubb is classed as a DE/Edge when he's really a LB/Edge. Etc etc.

So someone who had Beasley called a DE on the squads list and drafted LB thinking he had plenty of DEs, now is fcked. But if we change "DE" position to "Edge" then he's not fcked, as Beasley can still be used at the Edge position.

Many people lost players that were called "DE" to now being called "LB"...so they drafted thinking they had DEs when really they didnt. Changing the starting position DE to Edge remedies that issue. That's the only remedy actually -- doesn't invalidate people's drafts.

Not to mention ESPN is stupid, calling players DEs that ARE actually LBs, and calling players LBs that ARE actually DEs. There are a lot of players inappropriately classed DE or LB not the reverse in ESPN.

Eg, Vic Beasley is classed as LB/Edge when he's really a DE. Bradley Chubb is classed as a DE/Edge when he's really a LB/Edge. Etc etc.

So someone who had Beasley called a DE on the squads list and drafted LB thinking he had plenty of DEs, now is fcked. But if we change "DE" position to "Edge" then he's not fcked, as Beasley can still be used at the Edge position.

My head hurts more hurter

it also remedies things long-term when ESPN constantly changes players from LB to DE, or DE to LB, from season to season, when players go to other teams who run a 4-3 instead of a 3-4, or vice versa. And ESPN will change and re-change players positions this season too as it catches up with rotoworld.

Making the defensive positions in our league--- DT, Edge, LB, CB, S --- will permanently fix that issue of ESPN chopping and changing players designations based on 3-4/4-3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back