Vents and Regrets Thread 2019 Edition

Shannon Hurn

• H2TYW was right and I'm a smart Kent for not listening to him but now feel silly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Wouldn't mind a few extra trades, half the fun of playing is making trades so once you run out of them the game loses it's appeal, especially if you cop injuries.

True, but I think with more trades everybody’s teams would end up looking even more similar and people wouldn’t have to take responsibility for their initial selections as much.

Trading is fun, but what adds to the addiction of the game is the decision making - do you burn that trade or do you hold?

I used to play when you get 20 trades per season and still had trades available for finals. Although you weren't supposed to field a full premo team in those days.

I think I suffered this season thinking 30 trades were too many and burnt around 5 of them.

The injury rate sure has spiked up on 10 years ago.
'em better days
When I had weekends
Lock them in on Friday night and copped whatever came your ways
No worries about late outs etc, as your trades are locked

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
'em better days
When I had weekends
Lock them in on Friday night and copped whatever came your ways
No worries about late outs etc, as your trades are locked

I remember I was one of the few to still have a trade to use on Jimmy Bartel who had appendix surgery and missed the final 2 games.

Finally traded in Kane Cornes - he was the ultimate seagull.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I also remember when I traded in James Kelly and he did his knee 12 mins in...

I can beat that, I traded in David Hille before the Anzac Day game 10 years ago, the one where he did his knee at the opening bounce, copped a big fat 0.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
I still think the best mix is 3 guns up back, 5 in the mids, 2 in the rucks and 3 up forward.

Also 2 or 3 good mid pricers are vital like your B.Crouches and Sheeds.

I will be using this as a template next year with Doherty and Mitchell being 2 heavily discounted gun starters.

Already putting my 2020 squad together.

Can't be bothered waiting for the thread. LOL!

2020 SC team

B - Lloyd, Stewart, Docherty

M - Neale, Macrae, Cripps, Dangerfield, Mitchell

R - Gawn, Grundy ($102K R\F)

F - Billings, Walters

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I used to play when you get 20 trades per season and still had trades available for finals. Although you weren't supposed to field a full premo team in those days.

I think I suffered this season thinking 30 trades were too many and burnt around 5 of them.

The injury rate sure has spiked up on 10 years ago.

We get more and more injuries every year yet the trades still stay on 30. :drunk:

I don't know how I ever played SC back then when it was only 20 trades and I was doing well too. :think:

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It'll be 20 trades next year then pay per trade after that... there's too much Judd_Magic money to be made not to do it.

giphy.gif

I started the season with Brock McLean once.

Went nuts - had around 30pts after 10 mins.

Next minute: Injured, out 8 weeks.
* I remember I started with that campaigner once too. Think it was in 2010 when he crossed over to Carlton and I was a young impressionable 15 year old who thought any player we brought in was the best thing since sliced bread.
Thought I was a genius too when he averaged like 110 in the first 2 rounds. Pretty sure he got injured in the first quarter in R3 and dropped a nice turd sandwich of around 25 and the only other thing I remember him doing that year was some horrible clanger in the D50 against Collingwood. I'm sure if I could remember my starting teams from my younger days it would be filled with s**t like this :moustache:

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Part 3 of monumental f%$# ups 2019 edition.

Had Grundy in my team from the day it opened. Had Sheed as well.
Last minute went Goldstein so I could use the extra cash to 'upgrade' Sheed to Aaron Hall.

Opposition having Manbundy every week as VC is killing me.

fool.gif

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
What I'd like to see

30 trades and use them whenever or however you want. Would change the dimension a little.

As for scorers have the 22 on field and you can choose 1 emergency as a scorer as well. You then lose the lowest scorer. Helps with scenarios like Cogs injury and getting 0.

F%^$ off the VC loophole. You choose one captain. No Manbundy BS KOTD insurance every week.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
Injuries to premo players have destroyed my season. A couple of predicted injury times that were greatly understated leading me to hang onto the players didn't help either. The following are my out injured premo players for each round. Those who had byes in the bye rounds are not included.

R4 Beams, Fyfe
R7 Whitfield
R8 Beams, Whitfield
R9 MCrouch
R10 MCrouch, Dangerfield
R11 MCrouch
R12 Whitfield, Hurn
R13 Whitfield
R14 Sicily
R15 Whitfield, PCripps
R16 Whitfield, PCripps, Gawn, Boak, Daniel (All but Daniel were in the selected teams but didn't play leading to 2 donuts and Hore's 3)
R17 Daniel
R18 Fyfe, Hurn

No wonder I'm struggling to finish top 20k

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
What I'd like to see

30 trades and use them whenever or however you want. Would change the dimension a little.

As for scorers have the 22 on field and you can choose 1 emergency as a scorer as well. You then lose the lowest scorer. Helps with scenarios like Cogs injury and getting 0.

F%^$ off the VC loophole. You choose one captain. No Manbundy BS KOTD insurance every week.
I've often wondered if they would do that as well, 30 trades across the whole year, use as many as you want each week, but I along with many here would be out of trades by round 5.

Last edited:
The majority of my premo trades/upgrades I’ll stand by as I’m pretty comfortable with those choices. I’d say Laird has been a big letdown and Blakely hasn’t panned out as I’d hoped. Was hoping for a Dunkley MkII with an eventual full midfield role but I blame farqhead Ross on that one. The campaigner is playing Reese FN Conca in the mids ahead of him FFS.
Don’t regret the trade out at the time but watching ZWILLIAMS tear it up after returning from injury has stung.

Id say the biggest regrets lie with the rookies and missed $$$ for me.
Passing on Stack @ $102k is deadset unforgivable. Baker another. Chose wrong Tigers in Ross and Naish instead. Regret stashing Valente (M11) Thought he’d come alive at some stage of the season but he hasn’t been heard of. Larkey was another forward rookie I should’ve jumped on.

Last edited:
The majority of my premo trades/upgrades I’ll stand by as I’m pretty comfortable with those choices. I’d say Laird has been a big letdown and Blakely hasn’t panned out as I’d hoped. Was hoping for a Dunkley MkII with an eventual full midfield role but I blame farqhead Ross on that one. The campaigner is playing Reese FN Conca in the mids ahead of him FFS.
Don’t regret the trade out at the time but watching ZWILLIAMS tear it up after returning from injury has stung.

Passing on Stack @ $102k is deadset unforgivable. Baker another. Chose wrong Tigers in Ross and Naish instead. Regret stashing Valente (M11) Thought he’d come alive at some stage of the season but he hasn’t been heard of. Larkey was another forward rookie I should’ve jumped on.
Agree. I haven't wasted trades on trading out underperfoming premos, mine have gone on rookies. Starting with and trading in s**t rookies hurts, because you need 2 downgrades to make an upgrade. Also having to do rookie corrections all the way up to the byes in order to improve cash generation bloody hurts. Add a few injuries and the trades go.

As we see every year, nailing rookies propels teams up the rankings

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

I chose Ross ahead of Stack and Baker too, was more just bad luck he didn't work out though due to that ankle injury, he would have played a lot more games if he stayed fit and would have been a great cash cow like Stack has been.

I also brought in Balta after he scored a ton thinking that he was coming good but then he turned back into a potato again and got dropped, ended up trading him to Chol which has thankfully worked out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back