Discussion The Boot Locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm honestly surprised that I've never stumbled across a thread like this, but it's not that far a stretch from many of our other designs and discussion threads, but we talking football boots.

As somewhat of a collector (I'm still playing so I don't keep any of them in the box), I'm digging the new Adidas 'Hard Wired' pack, especially the new predators (top left).

However, I think I'm going to hold out till August/September for the 'Input Code' pack. Looks like there's an all gold pred as well as this tasty treat.

I'll put up some photos of my boot 'collection' one day. It's nothing super special, but it'd be almost a dozen.

I'm honestly surprised that I've never stumbled across a thread like this, but it's not that far a stretch from many of our other designs and discussion threads, but we talking football boots.

As somewhat of a collector (I'm still playing so I don't keep any of them in the box), I'm digging the new Adidas 'Hard Wired' pack, especially the new predators (top left).
View attachment 714383

However, I think I'm going to hold out till August/September for the 'Input Code' pack. Looks like there's an all gold pred as well as this tasty treat.
View attachment 714385

I'll put up some photos of my boot 'collection' one day. It's nothing super special, but it'd be almost a dozen.
as someone who has to wear asics tigreors to fir my orthotics in, can you explain how these laceless boots tighten up? and how these fabric boots hold the ankle in?

as someone who has to wear asics tigreors to fir my orthotics in, can you explain how these laceless boots tighten up? and how these fabric boots hold the ankle in?

It's worth going to your local Rebel or something and trying them on, because there's no 'tightening up' with the predator boots, they slip on and they stay on. You almost need a shoehorn to wedge your foot in, but it's super secure. I don't know how good these style of boots are for orthodics as I know Asics are the leaders in that aspect.

I think the new nike Phantom's (laceless version), still technically have laces under the top of the boot, so you can still tie up if you want. I've got a pair of Nike Magista's with the sock to the ankle as well, laces over the top like the photo below. I think I could probably wear them with no laces as the sock area is pretty tight over my foot. However having skinny ankles means that right at the top of the collar it's a tiny bit loose, so the laces help there.

In terms of 'holding the ankle in' I wouldn't think of them as a support structure, but more of a protective layer from any ankle knocks from errant boots. Also important to note that it's not just the top end version of the boots that have this sock structure anymore. Adidas produce the "+" (fully laceless), the ".1" (which is the top end version with laces + sock. ".2, .3 & .4" versions that all have different cheaper material as you move down. I think by the time you get to .3 versions the sock material is just neoprene, so will stretch and warp far easier than the knitted structure of the professional versions.

*, you'd want to get a few kicks if you're wearing those.

I'm far from a boot nerd but I do love how boots work with a uniform.

Hamish Hartlett quite often wears blackout boots, and he used to wear them with a home longy in the pre-number panel guernsey for maximum blackness. It was so beautiful.

I'm far from a boot nerd but I do love how boots work with a uniform.

Hamish Hartlett quite often wears blackout boots, and he used to wear them with a home longy in the pre-number panel guernsey for maximum blackness. It was so beautiful.

sploosh

fu**, you'd want to get a few kicks if you're wearing those.

Haha I love that s**t. I've always generally been a black/blue boot wearer, but these will 100% get comments and I'm all for that. To be honest they'd probably only get wear in R1-6 before grounds get muddy too

The new Tiempo's in Dazzle Camo looks wild. Would have purchased if it wasn't such a LE item

Also very interesting reports regarding Raheem Sterling making a switch to the Jordan brand with a pair of signature Jordan branded boots. Deal apparently worth about $100m

I'll probably be alone in this, but I cannot stand the plastic look to the majority of Nike and Adidas and boots. Copas and high end Tiempos are the best those brands offer. Would take the majority of Asics range over them any day. Far more comfortable too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back