FTA-TV Masterchef 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Shannon, Curtis Stone and .. I vote for this man

HueysKitchen2012.jpg

Makes you wonder if they saw the writing on the wall and were effectively auditioning potential replacements with the three "mentors."

Think Poh has to be a lock - maybe Matt Sinclair or Shannon as the second. They'll look for a similar cook/critic type to replace Matt I reckon - they wont go for three chefs. Big shoes to fill (even though George is a crook.)

Makes you wonder if they saw the writing on the wall and were effectively auditioning potential replacements with the three "mentors."

Think Poh has to be a lock - maybe Matt Sinclair or Shannon as the second. They'll look for a similar cook/critic type to replace Matt I reckon - they wont go for three chefs. Big shoes to fill (even though George is a crook.)

Don't think they should go for two ex contestants, would be bad enough if Poh was one.

I wonder whether now that Matt has left whether they will go hard for Marco Pierre White, would be perfect.

And a big song and dance how George is closing the press club (or leaving) and no mention of why.......wouldn't have anything to do with being found guilty of underpaying employees over $8m?

All he’s doing is closing it, renovating it, then reopen with different name and theme.
Something about a late night type place.

Could be a good thing, could be the beginning of the end.

One thing I know is that the crew will have a much more pleasant time on set.

My guess is the execs wanted George gone, and the others said "if he goes we all go". And off they go.

Please elaborate Dapper on “much more pleasant time on set” comment.
Which one was the Pr#&k?

Please elaborate Dapper on “much more pleasant time on set” comment.
Which one was the Pr#&k?

Gary was the worst. Just didn’t want to be there half the time.

It seems that they all share the same manager and the pay dispute is a real thing.

Thought it was preordained , Simon had no chance judges favoured the two girls all the way thru . Bit piss weak I thought.

Good winner, she was the favourite in our house. Also good job Ten on getting rid of the judges, the cheek of that little wage thief asking for a pay rise.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them 'negotiate' a resolution and be back next year after the heat as gone down with George.

Then again, 13 years (I think it is), might be time they want to move on. Earned a fair bit of coin. Wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up on other shows but more a weekly show than nightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

er, lol

the new judges haven't been announced yet

If that is true, I'm surprised Curtis Stone has signed up for a full time gig.

He has more name recognition than any of the 3 outgoing judges internationally and his restaurants are all in California (where he presumably lives most of the time). Surely he'd have been more expensive than Gary/George/Matt? Or is he coming with more Coles sponsorship to cover the cost?

New MasterChef judges revealed: Chefs Poh Ling Yeow, Maggie Beer and Curtis Stone will take over after George Calombaris, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan quit

They are probably the 3 if it's being reported that strongly but it's not official yet. Tabloids just going early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back