Podcast Daniel Jackson interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight I was lucky enough to have a great chat with former tiger, Daniel Jackson.

A lot of you probably already know this, but Daniel is a brilliant speaker and you could just listen to him for hours.

Massive thanks to Daniel for taking the time to talk to me tonight, I couldn't thank him enough!

During the interview we spoke about:

-When he was drafted and how that all played out
-Having to balance study while playing football in his first year
-His debut game vs St Kilda in 2004
-Daniel's first AFL Goal
-His brilliant goal of the year nominate against the Bulldogs in 2013
-Why he became a tagger
-The 3 week suspension for the alleged headbutt on Campbell Brown
-Being in the leadership group
-The Terry Wallace fallout saga
-Winning the 2013 Jack Dyer medal
-How the club has changed and developed since he was playing
-The impact of Gale and Peggy O'Neil
-Winning the 2012 Jim Stynes community and leadership award (very funny story on this)
-Life after football and what he has been up to
-His company Foundation Performance and what he does
-Work for AFL Europe
-His study and what he wants to do once completed
-The 2017 Grand Final and the iconic footage we all saw of Peggy, Brendan and Daniel embracing after Dan Butler kicked that goal
-His thoughts on the current Tigers.

We covered a lot of topics and Daniel was very details and open with his answers which was fantastic!

Thanks so much to everyone who submitted questions, sorry I didn't get to all of them.

I hope you enjoy hearing from Dan and I would really love it if people shared this interview on whatever social media platforms they are on by copying the spreaker link below or by sharing the social media posts you see with links. I really want to get this as far and wide as possible!

Enjoy!

Excellent interview. Always found Jacko so engaging and eloquent. Always speaks really well. Really in depth interview, great questions and excellent, detailes responses. In my opinion the best interview you have done, Michaels.

One tidbit I found interesting was Jacko when talking about Rance at the end. He said 'injury cloud'. I found this interesting given Jacko had spent a couple weeks at the club and knows Rance well. Makes me think that the club and Rance himself are confident he will get back.

Like all the others, really enjoyed your interview with Jacko. It was easy to forget he retired early and is still only 33. Sounds a very generous soul. Thanks Michaels :clapping:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Thanks Michaels for that interview and I really enjoyed his talk regarding his views on the high performance culture strategies adopted in 2016 and how it was a catalyst in helping in winning the flag.
I remember when he first rocked up at Coburg a couple of the boys who were volunteer runners or scorers told me some Redhead College kid was playing CHB for us. I said , “bloody beauty we need as many big blokes as possible” only to think it was some sort of a joke when I saw the size of him. My thoughts were he wouldn’t see the game out. I wonder if playing on bigger opponents early on shortened his career as when he played for the Coburg Tigers I reckon there was never a game where he never had some heavy bandages or tape holding him together? I really got to admire him at Coburg bc of his courage, but most fans disproved of him bc of his costly untamed actions on the field. By retirement I think he grew on us all as he really did sacrifice a lot in a terrible time to be at Tigerland. It’s sad to hear he’s still carrying the pains of the past in his body today. The beautiful thing about him is he has his mental faculties with him and he’s an impressive young man that would be up in the top end of the IQ scale.
My disappointment was I probably should have asked some questions relating to his time at Coburg. Fascinating that he mentioned the state of the Richmond rooms as the Coburg ones were if believable more inferior. They’re being upgraded sometime next year for the first time since 1965.
Anyway that was more informative than entertaining and an absolute pleasure.

Really good interview. What a cool life he's created for himself. He's the sort fo guy that will be great for the club to keep in touch with. Apart from him being a great man, he's a point of contact to other high performing sports areas.

Really interesting that in the big football (Soccer) teams they don't look after the person (teenagers). We know in the AFL that looking after the person leads to better results. But I guess if you have so many talented kids you can have no care and still get good players through the system.

thanks for all the kind words!

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying this one.

I think because this one was so broad it connects with a lot of supporters on different levels which is fantastic.

I know this is common knowledge with Richmond people, but we really do have the best CEO in the land.

The Chief has given the interview a bit of a plug for me!

He is a superstar, a man of the people!

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
thanks for all the kind words!

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying this one.

I think because this one was so broad it connects with a lot of supporters on different levels which is fantastic.
That’s a tremendous accolade young man and you seriously deserve it. Well done for all of your hard work. 👏

Last edited:
I know this is common knowledge with Richmond people, but we really do have the best CEO in the land.

The Chief might have ruffled a few feathers with that retweet.

Richo with the quality banter :D

Benny is a legend,great interview Michaels,Jacko was a bit of a cult hero back in the day.

jumpinjimmy

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Very ordinary footballer and fawning interview. Hey Micheals, if he had said ‘old black woman’ in a disparaging tone would you have pulled him up? A reminder to this professional SJW, “old white men” built this club and this nation, they even chose to draft this dud who now profits from their enterprise and intellect. A warning to the dud, the last time I looked he is as white as a sheet and one day will be aged. It will be hilarious when he, and he will, becomes a victim of leftist, identity politics. Don’t bother sending any more podcast ‘invites’ to me.

Very ordinary footballer and fawning interview. Hey Micheals, if he had said ‘old black woman’ in a disparaging tone would you have pulled him up? A reminder to this professional SJW, “old white men” built this club and this nation, they even chose to draft this dud who now profits from their enterprise and intellect. A warning to the dud, the last time I looked he is as white as a sheet and one day will be aged. It will be hilarious when he, and he will, becomes a victim of leftist, identity politics. Don’t bother sending any more podcast ‘invites’ to me.

I can only assume you are talking about the part where talking about how Peggy has bucked the trend becoming President.

If your comments are what you took out of that discussion then I feel extremley sad for you.

Back