2nds South Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 15 @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 28th of July 2:10pm at Flinders University Stadium.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

The game will be played a day after the AFL game so all emergencies will be able to play.

Lienert should be back in after his unknown absence, Grundy will be assessed. Frampton still suspended for another week.

I reckon Garner is a chance to get called up, maybe for Motlop. (Dixon also in, Ryder called up)

Winning our next 2 games (vs South and Eagles) would confirm a place in this seasons finals series.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Dixon, Motlop, Lienert
OUT: Ryder, Garner (AFL), Appleton

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Dixon - Woodcock
HF: Farrell - Marshall - Johnson
C: Motlop - Atley - Mayes
HB: Pudney - Edwards - Lienert
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Frederick
R: Ladhams - Trengove - Drew
INT: Hewett - Elsworthy - Davidson
EMERG: Strange - Appleton

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Cox: (Kidney, TBC)
Frampton: (Suspended, 1 week)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 1 week)
Grundy: (Finger, ?)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last Played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
M.Mead: (Last Played Round 9)
Morrison: (Yet to debut)
J.Mead: (Can play 4 SANFL games, Currently on 0, Side note: Played for the Eagles last week so there is a bit of confusion there on if he can play for us)

Last edited:

Is it just me or are others starting to suspect their may be some bug doing the rounds at Alberton? First it was Houston, then Ryder, now Lienert all with mysterious absences. Maybe I am reading more into it but there have been a couple of illnesses lately.

Is it just me or are others starting to suspect their may be some bug doing the rounds at Alberton? First it was Houston, then Ryder, now Lienert all with mysterious absences. Maybe I am reading more into it but there have been a couple of illnesses lately.
Pudney was sick for 2 weeks before them too. Also Hayes had glandular fever earlier in the year.

Kewl... pity i don't have a commo anymore so no doughies in Colonnades carpark.

Gotta win this game if we want to stay in the premiership hunt for this year. If Adelaide really starts to drop in form it might give us an opening for the top two, but we need to make sure we can get ahead of sturt first. I dream that we can face Glenelg of in the grand final and causing an upset and getting yet another historical premiership over Glenelg, but we have work to do first. It's pretty tight between third and seventh at the moment.

Pudney was sick for 2 weeks before them too. Also Hayes had glandular fever earlier in the year.

Some interesting facts about glandular fever. Apparently it is contagious and about 95% of the population contract it at some stage of life but it occurs more frequently in children and young adults. It's effects vary from individual to individual and some of us barely notice it while others can feel ill for several weeks. Once you contract it, the virus never leaves you. It is commonly known as the 'kissing disease' but that would not be a factor among our boys would it? Unless of course several of them have been dating 'Glandular Gladys'.;)

Interesting that it is recommended that contact sports be discontinued for a month after infection because of the risk of damage to the spleen which is enlarged during infection. That is probably why club medicos make infected players miss several weeks once diagnosed?

Anyway back to Magpies v South....

Dixon will be helpful hopefully. Seems like we play best in the Maggies when we have someone to kick a bag.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Dixon, Motlop, Lienert, Strange
OUT: Ryder, Garner (AFL), Edwards, Davidson

Maggies Side:
HF: Farrell - Marshall - Johnson
C: Motlop - Atley - Mayes
HB: Pudney - Lienert - Frederick
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Strange
INT: Hewett - Elsworthy - Appleton
EMERG: Edwards - Hill

Woah, Davidson got dropped, would've dropped Appleton well before him... Happy to see Strange get some games now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder has played 12 AFL (About to be 13) and 3 SANFL so he's ruled out.

Motlop has played 14 AFL so he'd be out of the finals side. Hartlett will be ruled out after this week.

Dixon has 5 AFL and 2 SANFL so he needs to play the last 4 SANFL to qualify, can't be called up.

Garner has played 3 (about to be 4) AFL, has played 11 SANFL, he's already qualified after playing 3 after June 30th too.

Sutcliffe has 2 AFL (about to be 3) and 9 SANFL and. He needs 2 more games after June 30th to qualify.

Broadbent has played 5 AFL (about to be 6), and 8 SANFL. Needs 1 more game after June 30th to qualify.|

Frampton will qualify next week vs the WWT Eagles.

Last edited:
Ryder has played 12 AFL (About to be 13) and 3 SANFL so he's ruled out.

Motlop has played 14 AFL so he'd be out of the finals side. Hartlett will be ruled out after this week.

Dixon has 5 AFL and 2 SANFL so he needs to play the last 4 SANFL to qualify, can't be called up.

Garner has played 3 (about to be 4) AFL, has played 11 SANFL, he's already qualified after playing 3 after June 30th too.

Sutcliffe has 2 AFL (about to be 3) and 9 SANFL and. He needs 2 more games after June 30th to qualify.

Broadbent has played 5 AFL (about to be 6), and 8 SANFL. Needs 1 more game after June 30th to qualify.
Then it should be simple, give Sutcliffe two more games and let Broady play one more too, hopefully, if Burton comes back he can be the out.
I don't know about Dixon, but I'd be more worried about Frampton personally.

Possible Finals Side: (Best case scenario)
HF: Sutcliffe - Frampton - Farrell
C: Pudney - Atley - Mayes
HB: Broadbent - Lienert - Frederick
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
INT: Appleton - Strange - Elsworthy
EMERG: Marshall - Hewett - Johnson - Grundy

Marshall would be stiff but we'd be too tall and have a 17 AFL + 4 SANFL limit.

Then it should be simple, give Sutcliffe two more games and let Broady play one more too, hopefully, if Burton comes back he can be the out.
I don't know about Dixon, but I'd be more worried about Frampton personally.
Burton is out for 8 weeks isn't he? Also Frampton will qualify next week so he's fine.

Dixon could qualify for sanfl finals.
There will be another rule change if that happens. If you get paid more than $x, you don't qualify type rule.

Anyone else looking forward to this more than the AFL game?
If it was at Alberton, I'd probably go to this game and not go watch GWS.

What's the Flinders oval like anyway? I haven't been to many other SANFL venues, but I was wondering what it was like compared to others, I heard it has the smallest capacity of any SANFL venue.

This has been one of the worst years on record for respiratory illnesses, with or without the flu jab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back