Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fans should halt abuse of J mac, pretty disappointing, The issues you all have should be addressed to the coaching panel. Hopefully for his sake is moved on at the end of the year. When all is said and done and he moves on some of you will be very disappointed in your abuse of one of our own.

Thank you for passing judgement o great one.

Fans should halt abuse of J mac, pretty disappointing, The issues you all have should be addressed to the coaching panel. Hopefully for his sake is moved on at the end of the year. When all is said and done and he moves on some of you will be very disappointed in your abuse of one of our own.
Oi, if you care to read my earlier posts I actually thanked him for his service.. he had a few decent seasons, but this year has been very hard to watch and you are spot on, we should be directing our frustration toward the selection committee rather than Jamie, but once that jumper is on and you serve up that slop then the criticism is inevitable

Oi, if you care to read my earlier posts I actually thanked him for his service.. he had a few decent seasons, but this year has been very hard to watch and you are spot on, we should be directing our frustration toward the selection committee rather than Jamie, but once that jumper is on and you serve up that slop then the criticism is inevitable
Let's face it, we get on here to be critical of what is happening. Just some of it has gone a step too far - playing the man and not the ball so to speak.

Definitely hasn't been his best year but he has still been servicable - last night our midfield got pantsed and he was part of a backline unit that held up for all game against a high scoring side on their own patch.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That dropped mark was a dead set shocker.

And you just got that feeling it was going to happen as soon as you saw who was under the ball.

Feel for the bloke. It has all come crashing down very quickly.

That dropped mark was a dead set shocker.

And you just got that feeling it was going to happen as soon as you saw who was under the ball.

Feel for the bloke. It has all come crashing down very quickly.

You have to be realistic, it isn't just us supporters watching our games. Simpson is a club great, what do you think his instruction is going to be to the Eagles forwards who line up on Jmac next week? He will go for the jugular.

It is a ruthless caper. I hope he comes out and has a smashing game. I think he has the tools to be a good footballer, just don't think he has been well developed/coached over his career and there is only so much Shaw can do in the space of his time as caretaker. We have seen players take quantum leaps in their careers changing up position and/or roles, I think something creative needs to happen to get the most out of his strengths.

He is a great runner, has great endurance, is a reliable kick, he can find plenty of the ball, knows how to spread and rebound, he has a lot of traits many of our other footballers lack, I am sure there are roles he could excel at.

You have to be realistic, it isn't just us supporters watching our games. Simpson is a club great, what do you think his instruction is going to be to the Eagles forwards who line up on Jmac next week? He will go for the jugular.

It is a ruthless caper. I hope he comes out and has a smashing game. I think he has the tools to be a good footballer, just don't think he has been well developed/coached over his career and there is only so much Shaw can do in the space of his time as caretaker. We have seen players take quantum leaps in their careers changing up position and/or roles, I think something creative needs to happen to get the most out of his strengths.

He is a great runner, has great endurance, is a reliable kick, he can find plenty of the ball, knows how to spread and rebound, he has a lot of traits many of our other footballers lack, I am sure there are roles he could excel at.
He looked a little unfit from my angle.. anyone else have this view?

He missed a month and a half of footy (6 rounds) between rounds 12 and 16 being injured and was in the VFL for a while, he shouldn't be unfit, he looked like he lacked match fitness last week but looked better this week.

Not making excuses for him, but he wasn't helped much by our midfield who had their pants pulled down, 162 contested possessions v 133, 50 clearances v 40 and 67 inside 50s v 43, to keep them down to 8 marks inside 50 and only 2 goal assists for their entire team was a Herculean effort tbh. They got the vast majority of their goals from bullshit opportunity shots, the umpires and our mistakes.

I find it hard to bag any of our defenders too much, they busted their arse last night. Sure, the mistakes made were basic and hard to forgive at this level by experienced players, however, our midfield was poor the majority of the night, not just in a few critical moments like our defenders. Our forwards battled hard from limited opportunities, we had 11 marks inside forward 50, had 8 goal assists.

I hate that we are still making rookie errors down back, but our mids were lethargic last night and everyone is giving them a get out of jail free card.

He missed a month and a half of footy (6 rounds) between rounds 12 and 16 being injured and was in the VFL for a while, he shouldn't be unfit, he looked like he lacked match fitness last week but looked better this week.

Not making excuses for him, but he wasn't helped much by our midfield who had their pants pulled down, 162 contested possessions v 133, 50 clearances v 40 and 67 inside 50s v 43, to keep them down to 8 marks inside 50 and only 2 goal assists for their entire team was a Herculean effort tbh. They got the vast majority of their goals from bulls**t opportunity shots, the umpires and our mistakes.

I find it hard to bag any of our defenders too much, they busted their arse last night. Sure, the mistakes made were basic and hard to forgive at this level by experienced players, however, our midfield was poor the majority of the night, not just in a few critical moments like our defenders. Our forwards battled hard from limited opportunities, we had 11 marks inside forward 50, had 8 goal assists.

I hate that we are still making rookie errors down back, but our mids were lethargic last night and everyone is giving them a get out of jail free card.
A lot of those numbers were the 3rd Q dominance, be interesting to see the Q by Q break down.. still believe the dropped mark and camerons toe poke tin arse goal could have been prevented

Hopefully Brad takes him to St. Kilda. Used to be a really good player but now he’s just poo. His lack of hardness sticks out like dog balls in this team.

Needs to play where he can just cover his man and play offensive whenever possible, which is the wing.

He needs to rotate with Dumont. This guy is deadly running into the 50, use him there.

The backline dramatically hinders his ability to gain meters because that relies entirely on midfield dominance. And it didn't happen last night.

I, actually, said the same thing after seeing him up close in his last VFL game at Arden Street. I was comparing him with Sam Wright, who looked in great physical shape. My preference at that time was to include Wright instead of Jamie. I still hold that opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be against Jamie being repositioned as a winger / half-forward who pushes up consistently in 2020 if he's on our list.

His deficiencies are pretty well known. But he can find the ball reasonably well and knows how to find space with it too. Good tank and reasonable disposal when entering attack / going for goal.

Might be reborn as a more offensively minded player.

Wouldn't be against Jamie being repositioned as a winger / half-forward who pushes up consistently in 2020 if he's on our list.

His deficiencies are pretty well known. But he can find the ball reasonably well and knows how to find space with it too. Good tank and reasonable disposal when entering attack / going for goal.

Might be reborn as a more offensively minded player.

Certainly not against it if form and opportunity cross paths.

I wouldn’t be re-jigging the team to specifically find a role for him however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly not against it if form and opportunity cross paths.

I wouldn’t be re-jigging the team to specifically find a role for him however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree 100%. Perhaps the opportunity to play wing/hf in addition to his back line work. I certainly am not putting a line through him though. Shaw's future appointment could be the making of him

I think a lot of people have said JMac should play half forward/wing

But who does he replace
Not necessarily anyone. He Is in the 22, and the coach might shuffle him or others around based on match ups or team needs. I think a bit of versatility in the 22 is a good thing, and something we lacked under scotts

But who does he replace

I can see him on a wing more so than HBF and clearly it would be Dumont that would be the one to replace (not saying I support making that decision). With his current disposal though I wouldn't trust him on a wing, but then, I don't overly trust him anywhere at the moment. If we aren't going to trade him I'd like to see a role such as wing given as a task and a complete rethink of what his game style looks like from coaches and to him. He has the physical attributes to play upfield IMO. Decent peg, decent speed, good endurance. It remains to be seen whether he has the brain to dispose of the ball in a more damaging way reliably from that position though.

He's running out of spots though, Bailey Scott looks like an absolute prototypical fast winger with strong attack, speed and good one on one ability. He will be coming sooner rather than later after a decent first real pre season IMO. Polec certainly isn't getting displaced anytime soon.

But who does he replace

Dumont. I dunno. He isn't a backman and I never really thought of him as one. 4 and 5 years ago during those PF years i always thought of him as a wingman or attacking HBFer not as an actual defender. He used to run the ball out of defense more and push forward to kick goals too. Played the role Andrew Macleod invented but not to the same level obviously. In those years he would often kick 10 goals in a season (or thereabouts) and make a similar number of assists too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back