Opinion The "What's X/Y Player worth" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wondering what oppo supporters think is needed to get b hill back to vic
Derm and his anti freo crap said the other day some where between pick 16-30 what a dick head
His just turned 26 shown he can be a team player in a good team 3 hawk flags
Has shown he can play well in a bad team freo bnf winner 2017
Line breaker, runs all day and when he has a team around him to lower work/pressure his skills are sublime
I value him t.kelly and pick swaps or two mid teen picks
As an opposition supporter whose club has been linked to him, I'd be happy to pay somewhere around Pick ~10 for him. Too much more, and the cost just becomes more than can be justified. I think Fremantle can expect a pick in the 8-12 range (or multiple 2nd rounders between this year and next to pay for Liam Henry and your 2020 NGAs, depending on what they're chasing). If it was two picks in the teens (like say 14 and 15) then the trading club should expect something in return like Freo's Pick 26. That would value him at about Pick 8, which seems fair to me

Worth less digital ink than most Big footy's posters comments.
Greenwood and Keith both worth more for starters, ditto Brad Hill.
Walls and Francis worth a bit more too.

Think a third does get Dan Butler over the line though.

Generally bigfooty over-values players. I think that the journo is generally on the money for value. Obviously with the amount he is listed some will be wrong, but it seems about right.

What do people disagree with?
Bigfooty tends to bunch 80% of players as being worth a 1st or 2nd rounder. No one ever values a best 22 player as worth anything less than an early 3rd.

For real world context, last year:
Taylor Duryea was best 22 for the Hawks, traded for a future 4th (currently Pick 61) to the Dogs and is now best 22 with us too.
Gary Rohan was traded for Pick 62.
Sam Lloyd was traded for Pick 64.
Jordan Roughead was traded for Pick 75.
Nic Newman was traded for a future 4th (currently Pick 57).

All of these guys are best 22 players who were traded for nothing picks, and I imagine the same will happen again this year. If traded, guys like Sier, Butler, Cutler, Amon, Dunstan, Taylor, Dale and Silvagni will likely be traded for picks after 50. Clubs have very different, and more accurate, opinions of what player's are truly worth

Generally bigfooty over-values players. I think that the journo is generally on the money for value. Obviously with the amount he is listed some will be wrong, but it seems about right.

What do people disagree with?
I think it’s interesting as it’s not just the journos view but has input from player managers and list managers.

Its going to be interesting what happens to Richmonds fringe players this year.
We happily gave Miles & Lloyd away for peanuts last year and they are probably top 5 in their clubs BnFs this year.
I think someone will pick up Menadue and Markov once they get delisted from the Tigers

Its going to be interesting what happens to Richmonds fringe players this year.
We happily gave Miles & Lloyd away for peanuts last year and they are probably top 5 in their clubs BnFs this year.
I think someone will pick up Menadue and Markov once they get delisted from the Tigers
What happened to Markov? Seemed a real lively type when he first debuted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Markov? Seemed a real lively type when he first debuted.

Deserves a second chance for his magnificent mustache alone
MARKOV%20Oleg.png

Looks like an old timey villain

STK give 4 and 2020 3rd rounder to GWS
GWS give 10 & 14 to STK

STK give 10 to Freo
Freo give B Hill to SK

Freo give 8 and 2020 2nd rounder to Geel
Geel give Freo Kelly

Assume Saints start with 4, GWS with 10 & 14, Freo, 8.

StK gain 14 & Hill
lose 4 & 2020 3rd rounder

GWS gain 4 & StK 2020 3rd rounder
lose 10 & 14

Freo gain 10 & Kelly
lose 8 & Hill & 2020 2nd rounder

Geel gain 8 & Freo 2020 2nd rounder
lose Kelly

Not really a 4-way trade, but just 4 trades that have some relation.

Come at me! :p

Hey we have a trade game about to start if anyone is keen

Bigfooty tends to bunch 80% of players as being worth a 1st or 2nd rounder. No one ever values a best 22 player as worth anything less than an early 3rd.

For real world context, last year:
Taylor Duryea was best 22 for the Hawks, traded for a future 4th (currently Pick 61) to the Dogs and is now best 22 with us too.
Gary Rohan was traded for Pick 62.
Sam Lloyd was traded for Pick 64.
Jordan Roughead was traded for Pick 75.
Nic Newman was traded for a future 4th (currently Pick 57).

All of these guys are best 22 players who were traded for nothing picks, and I imagine the same will happen again this year. If traded, guys like Sier, Butler, Cutler, Amon, Dunstan, Taylor, Dale and Silvagni will likely be traded for picks after 50. Clubs have very different, and more accurate, opinions of what player's are truly worth

Money & Salary Cap play big parts into players. From memory Tom Mitchell went for around pick (14) money being the factor.

So we know a lot of role players probably get offered more cash or clubs want to dump salary I.e Tom Scully or a Paul ahern scenario where a bloke playing neafl with no AFL games is on 350k.

I would think Jon Patton is probably worth a reasonable pick as a free agent clubs would line up to take a stab. For 750k your suitors and team's probably need to be in a position to do some contending in near future. The options go out the window after player gives the preferred destinstion. If clubs have other deals in the works what do you do clear the salary take back a 2nd rounder and move on

Prefer the views of non-Sydney, North and Dogs fans, but happy to hear from anyone.

What do people think of the realistic trade values of Ben McKay and Ollie Florent?

Prefer the views of non-Sydney, North and Dogs fans, but happy to hear from anyone.

What do people think of the realistic trade values of Ben McKay and Ollie Florent?
35-50 and 25-35 respectively IMO. Although I haven't watched a lot of Sydney the past couple of years so my Florent one could be way off base.

35-50 and 25-35 respectively IMO. Although I haven't watched a lot of Sydney the past couple of years so my Florent one could be way off base.
Cheers for the response. Your estimate for McKay was very similar to where I thought he'd be (somewhere around Pick 40-45)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back