2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Antonis only sign a 3-year deal last off-season? I know A-League clubs don't like to block players leaving for opportunities - I just don't really see how other Asian comps are a step up. And if your ultimate goal is the Socceroos, you're better off being in Australia.

I doubt such a stat exists, but it'd be interesting to know the proportion of players who leave for decent European leagues from A-Leagues clubs compared to J- or K-League teams.

If we're continuing the back to the future recruitment policy, I hope we've at least given Leroy a call, especially if the rumours about the smurfs chasing him have any truth to them.

Would be a spicy front three with Nabbout back.

I wonder if a marquee player is still on the cards. Not sure on what Ola is going to be on but considering he played under the cap last year it'll probably be substantial.

Urawa paid in excess of 500k for Nabbout so would he be leaving on a free?

He really did struggle to get game time over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne Victory Foreigners CF.

On the bench, Marvin Angulo, Ney Fabiano, Leandro Love (for official functions and parties), Jean Carlos Solorzano (and his zero goals and his hot wife),

Ive elected to go with a very attacking lineup. It's a 2-3-1-2-1 formation. It will drive opponents nuts.

Basically, Delpierre is our stay at home CB. He's big and good enough to form a defence on his own. Contreras offers ball playing ability and latino silky moves. Brazilian flair occupies the wings with Fab and Alessandro offering width, pace and crossing. Their instruction is to spend most of the time bombing forwards.

Traore has been promoted to a DM position proving defensive cover. He can slot into a CB role if needed.

Gui Finkler sits in the middle. He doesnt really run and he's allowed to sit in the centre circle launching balls.

Benny and Freddy add class to the wings. Licence to do whatever they want.

Up front, Hernandez and his large frame can simply sit up there and cause havoc. Shoot and shoot.

And leading the line of course is the brilliant Berisha.

View attachment 714936

Melbourne Victory Foreigners CF.

On the bench, Marvin Angulo, Ney Fabiano, Leandro Love (for official functions and parties), Jean Carlos Solorzano (and his zero goals and his hot wife),

Ive elected to go with a very attacking lineup. It's a 2-3-1-2-1 formation. It will drive opponents nuts.

Basically, Delpierre is our stay at home CB. He's big and good enough to form a defence on his own. Contreras offers ball playing ability and latino silky moves. Brazilian flair occupies the wings with Fab and Alessandro offering width, pace and crossing. Their instruction is to spend most of the time bombing forwards.

Traore has been promoted to a DM position proving defensive cover. He can slot into a CB role if needed.

Gui Finkler sits in the middle. He doesnt really run and he's allowed to sit in the centre circle launching balls.

Benny and Freddy add class to the wings. Licence to do whatever they want.

Up front, Hernandez and his large frame can simply sit up there and cause havoc. Shoot and shoot.

And leading the line of course is the brilliant Berisha.

Maxy Beister stiff.

Any theories as to why just a one year deal? Not great job security for Nabbout, especially if an injury occurs.

Initially I thought it was going to mean a loan but he farewelled the fans on his social media so maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back