Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh mate, people part with their hard earned to go and support their team, all supporters of all teams act the same way. Would you say this if the Suns had won the last two flags which could have been the case if things had of went right for them.

I go to between 5-10 games every year and I've never been at a game and seen an opposition team booed from start to finish like this. It's irrelevant who we were playing.whether suns are bottom or top. The booing when a player takes a good mark in their forward line is pathetic.

Personally there's probably 2-3 moments every game where I clap for the opposition. When Jeremy Howe gets up on someone's shoulders or Eddie slots one from 40 out on the boundary line I appreciate it.

I think it's just a tribal thing. You don't hear the opposition because there's so few people. So the few Nuffies instead of getting drowned out by opposition noise end up having other people join in.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I go to between 5-10 games every year and I've never been at a game and seen an opposition team booed from start to finish like this. It's irrelevant who we were playing.whether suns are bottom or top. The booing when a player takes a good mark in their forward line is pathetic.

Personally there's probably 2-3 moments every game where I clap for the opposition. When Jeremy Howe gets up on someone's shoulders or Eddie slots one from 40 out on the boundary line I appreciate it.

I think it's just a tribal thing. You don't hear the opposition because there's so few people. So the few Nuffies instead of getting drowned out by opposition noise end up having other people join in.

Give the Adelaide oval a miss.

I get it if the player has done something untoward. Or if the shot at goal has come from a dubious umpiring decision. I think booing in these instances is part of the culture of the game.

But not just because they're the opposition.
I haven't once said i support booing, but it's there and has been there for a 100 years. Just another part of our game.

I get it if the player has done something untoward. Or if the shot at goal has come from a dubious umpiring decision. I think booing in these instances is part of the culture of the game.

But not just because they're the opposition.
Yup 100% agree. Nothing wrong with the cheer when someone misses after a dubious free kick or 50. But after every shot is silly

Read an article on Mitch Robinson and Malthouse and their time at the Blues but no link, sorry.

Robbo basically says the game has passed MM by and he can break players down but not build them up. Basically said MM took the fun out of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read an article on Mitch Robinson and Malthouse and their time at the Blues but no link, sorry.

Robbo basically says the game has passed MM by and he can break players down but not build them up. Basically said MM took the fun out of footy.
I read that myself somewhere ...
So Mick is on the bottom of Robbo's Christams card list by the looks ..
Having that attitude, it's no wonder he lost the players..
Cranky ole prick..

Oh man isn't Malthouse just copping it sweet at the moment - it's a beautiful thing.

Mitch Robisons comments aren't surprising, but Murph's reaction in his interview earlier in the week was hilarious. They must've really hated him.

How did a bloke so caught up in his own ego and bullshit make it through 31 years of coaching?

Oh man isn't Malthouse just copping it sweet at the moment - it's a beautiful thing.

Mitch Robisons comments aren't surprising, but Murph's reaction in his interview earlier in the week was hilarious. They must've really hated him.

How did a bloke so caught up in his own ego and bulls**t make it through 31 years of coaching?
Straight away when Murp was asked the question it was like... "WTF"

Coming from Mitch who would have absolutely no agenda

Coming from Mitch who would have absolutely no agenda
Yeah nah Mick made Murph captain and even Murph is laughing at him.. Robbo has gone on to be a BnF winner and leader at a current Top 4 club. Agenda or not their opinions have solid reasoning behind them.

Yeah nah Mick made Murph captain and even Murph is laughing at him.. Robbo has gone on to be a BnF winner and leader at a current Top 4 club. Agenda or not their opinions have solid reasoning behind them.

I dont know why everyone is so certain that they know what is going through Murphs mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back