Unofficial Preview Round 19, 2019 - Sydney vs Geelong @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Dawson, Ben Ronke, Dan Menzel, James Rose and Kieren Jack have been included in the 26-man squad.

Forward Will Hayward will miss the clash against Geelong with a hip injury.

This is my nightmare -

"Dawson has missed a game and it is important inexperienced members like Jordan have continuity. We are confident that several games in the NEAFL will restore that continuity and Jordan will soon be line for selection".

This is my nightmare -

"Dawson has missed a game and it is important inexperienced members like Jordan have continuity. We are confident that several games in the NEAFL will restore that continuity and Jordan will soon be line for selection".

He has been named on the ground...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the four possible outs, I can't see Clarke, O'Riordan or Fox being in trouble. COR had just about his best game for us last week, Fox was lively if not overly involved, and Clarke had 22 touches while being nowhere near as disastrous as his previous outings. That really only leaves Stoddart as a possible out, if Horse thinks he's not ready after a quiet game last week. Dawson could slot in for Stoddart at HB, and then Rose or Menzel would come in as a half forward for Hayward (both looked good in their last NEAFL games.)

I hope he doesn't take this route, as I'd like to see Stoddart get a decent run at senior footy.

Of the four possible outs, I can't see Clarke, O'Riordan or Fox being in trouble. COR had just about his best game for us last week, Fox was lively if not overly involved, and Clarke had 22 touches while being nowhere near as disastrous as his previous outings. That really only leaves Stoddart as a possible out, if Horse thinks he's not ready after a quiet game last week. Dawson could slot in for Stoddart at HB, and then Rose or Menzel would come in as a half forward for Hayward (both looked good in their last NEAFL games.)

I hope he doesn't take this route, as I'd like to see Stoddart get a decent run at senior footy.

With COR named on the extended bench, Stoddart does look the odd one out as he’d be the 8th defender.

Surely it's just Dawson for Hayward and leave Stoddart in for another week.

Menzel I won’t be shocked if he plays. Give him a farewell game against Geelong, season is gone and that’s a like for like anyway.

In other news (not sure if posted elsewhere)
Reid is out best kick for goal (and 5th in the comp overall)
Hayward is our worst...and 2nd worst in the comp.

In other news (not sure if posted elsewhere)
Reid is out best kick for goal (and 5th in the comp overall)
Hayward is our worst...and 2nd worst in the comp.

Better question is which bloke is worse than Hayward this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back